What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 R3 :: Fri :: Tigers 40 Roosters 24 @ SFS

Round 3 :: Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JT_

Juniors
Pathetic defence in that second half from the Roosters.

Silly errors cost the game and the team just doesn't look fit.

Sa, Fitzy, Myles step up ffs. They were **** all game.

Cletus

First Grade

You're not wrong, they looked exhausted in the second half. Good tempo from the Tigers but 3rd game of the year the Roosters should have been fitter. Good game to watch though, I thought the Roosters would run away with it after the opening ten minutes.

redreg

Juniors
Nate Myles had his 1st bad game in ages. He isn't a myth, he was superb vs Raiders last week.

Fitzgibbon looked his age out there, very slow to react and showed little commitment. Paea needs to learn how to hold onto the ball.

Robbie Farah is far better than Cameron Smith. Benji is a freak.

Also Andrew and Mathew Johns have sunk to a new low with their commentary.

Chook Norris

First Grade

jeez our defence was terrible; i am now absolutely certain that Fitzy is past it.. a few blunders that cost us dearly

don't know why i didn't see it before.. but he really stops the flow of our attack

The Tigers performance wasn't great by any means, I mean, we made so many damned errors. A completion rate of like 27/40 is shocking.
The Roosters just had a bad day it seems, however a win is a win and I'll take it warmly.
We were the better side I suppose and lolz @ Benji and Robbie's housewarming.

Also, I have to say, Farah is the best hooker in the NRL. Period. Smith has nothing on him..... maybe his shoelaces but that's it.

Nate Myles had his 1st bad game in ages. He isn't a myth, he was superb vs Raiders last week.

Fitzgibbon looked his age out there, very slow to react and showed little commitment. Paea needs to learn how to hold onto the ball.

roosters are too big ,i dont think there made for this style of footy
u might be able to smash the big teams but the little and faster teams will carve up

Gidley Up

Juniors

:lol:

Noa

First Grade
They're a lot closer than most people think.

Happy with the win, Benji finally put it together, Lawrence and Tuiaki caused some damage out wide, Galloway ate up some good yardage down the guts.

When Farah can get you guys home more often in tough, gritty games without the flashy stuff then it''ll be a closer comparison.

Daddycool

Juniors
That was a great win by the Tigers. I tipped the Roosters tonight and early on they were looking good....but the longer the game went, the better the Tigers got.

At different stages the Tigers were down, 12-0 and 18-10....so to win the game 40-24 is just an outstanding effort.

The Roosters should be dissappointed after that performance. With 8 mins to go and 24-28 down, they needed that return set to build pressure. However, Pearce kicks it in but where are the 5-6 chasers? The fullback gets out. Then, where is the commitment in defence to jolt the ball loose or at the very least trap them inside their 20m zone? Tuiaki runs one out through the middle of the ruck to set up the winning try.

I can't get a line on either team. The Roosters get lapped in rd 1, have a fine win in Canberra, then give up 30 second half points to lose at home?? The Tigers, after squeaking home in rd 1, get smashed in the heat in Townsville, then come from behind twice to put on 40 points???

Anyway, well done to the Tiger's fans and bad luck to the Roosters mob....there's always next week.

Geohood

Bench
You're not wrong, they looked exhausted in the second half. Good tempo from the Tigers but 3rd game of the year the Roosters should have been fitter. Good game to watch though, I thought the Roosters would run away with it after the opening ten minutes.

:x

When Farah can get you guys home more often in tough, gritty games without the flashy stuff then it''ll be a closer comparison.

and smith is no where near more dangerous than Farah out of dummy half
both have weaknesses and strengths

and what trouble has smith got hes team out of trouble latley ????

Noa

First Grade
and smith is no where near more dangerous than Farah out of dummy half
both have weaknesses and strengths

and what trouble has smith got hes team out of trouble latley ????

Over the last few years plenty.

I realise your a farah fan, and I like him too, but isnt it telling this only comes up every 3 to 4 games.

And Smith is just as dangerous as Farah he just goes about it in a different way. In fact theres a lot of Cam in the way Farah has developed his d-h games in the last couple years.

That was a great win by the Tigers. I tipped the Roosters tonight and early on they were looking good....but the longer the game went, the better the Tigers got.

At different stages the Tigers were down, 12-0 and 18-10....so to win the game 40-24 is just an outstanding effort.

The Roosters should be dissappointed after that performance. With 8 mins to go and 24-28 down, they needed that return set to build pressure. However, Pearce kicks it in but where are the 5-6 chasers? The fullback gets out. Then, where is the commitment in defence to jolt the ball loose or at the very least trap them inside their 20m zone? Tuiaki runs one out through the middle of the ruck to set up the winning try.

I can't get a line on either team. The Roosters get lapped in rd 1, have a fine win in Canberra, then give up 30 second half points to lose at home?? The Tigers, after squeaking home in rd 1, get smashed in the heat in Townsville, then come from behind twice to put on 40 points???

Anyway, well done to the Tiger's fans and bad luck to the Roosters mob....there's always next week.

I just got back. I think you've summed the game up pretty well. Momentum is an amazing thing in rugby league. I haven't seen it swing that much ages. I can't get a handle on either team as well. They both seem to be confidence teams. If things go there way they play great but can just as quickly drop off. Great and frustrating game to watch. Benji's a freak. Galloway was great too. In fact all the gingers played well tonight. Congrats Tigers.