What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R6 Sun :: Warriors 17 Roosters 16 @ Mt Smart

Round 6 :: Warriors or Roosters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Gates open 11:30am NZST

nzw-main.jpg

NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
1. Patrick Ah Van
2. Denan Kemp 3. Aidan Kirk 4. Jerome Ropati 5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Joel Moon 7. Stacey Jones
8. Sam Rapira 9. Ian Henderson 10. Steve Price (c)
11. Simon Mannering 12. Jacob Lillyman
13. Micheal Luck (vc)

Interchange: 14. Nathan Fien 15. Russell Packer 16. Jesse Royal 17. Ben Matulino
Reserves: 18. Aaron Heremaia

syd-alt.jpg

SYDNEY ROOSTERS
1. Sam Perrett
2. Sisa Waqa 3. Mitchell Aubusson 4. Setaimata Sa 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. Braith Anasta 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Frank Paul Nuuausala 9. James Aubusson 10. Mark O'Meley
11. Nate Myles 12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Shane Shackleton

Interchange: 14. Willie Mason 15. Jake Friend 16. Ben Jones 17. Iosia Soliola
Reserves: 18. Lopini Paea

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins & Alan Shortall
Sideline Adam Reid & Jeff Younis
Video Paul Simpkins

Toyota Cup
New Zealand v Sydney
Mt Smart Stadium, Sunday 11:45am NZST
(9:45am AEST)

NSW Cup (split round)
Auckland (NZW) v Newtown (SYD)
Walter Massey Park, Auckland, Saturday 11:00am

r6-nzwsyd.jpg

Banners thanks to Jobdog

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
AEST (Sydney)
NZW/SYD Midday FOX
CRO/NQL 2pm FOX
PAR/BUL 3pm (4p on Ch 9)

We'll win. Just to continue our LWLWL pattern.
Seriously, injury deep or not, Auckland are always dangerous as heck, especially at Mt Smart. Got belted in the finals last year.

Martli

Coach
Going to be a tough one for the Warriors, will be interesting to see who'll be back. McKinnon might be out, but at the same time the warriors might have Hohaia, Vatuvei and Price back. We'll see I guess...

Timmah

Staff member
NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS
1. Patrick Ah Van
2. Denan Kemp 3. Aidan Kirk 4. Jerome Ropati 5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Joel Moon 7. Stacey Jones
8. Sam Rapira 9. Ian Henderson 10. Steve Price (c)
11. Simon Mannering 12. Jacob Lillyman
13. Micheal Luck (vc)

Interchange: 14. Nathan Fien 15. Russell Packer 16. Jesse Royal 17. Ben Matulino
Reserves: 18. Aaron Heremaia
Referees: Ben Cummins & Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials: Adam Reid & Jeff Younis; Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=320435

Timmah

Staff member
ROOSTERS: 1. Sam Perrett 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Mitchell Aubusson 4. Setaimata Sa 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 6. Braith Anasta 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. Frank Paul Nuuausala 9. James Aubusson 10. Mark O'Meley 11. Nate Myles 12. Craig Fitzgibbon 13. Shane Shackleton
Interchange: 14. Willie Mason 15. Jake Friend 16. Ben Jones 17. Iosia Soliola; Reserves: 18. Lopini Paea

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=320435

Martli

Coach
Good to see Vatuvei back, but our backline is still terrible. Ah Van and Kirk are out of position. Going to be a clash of two pretty good forward packs though.

adamkungl

Immortal
I've tipped warriors. No confidence here, we could get our first back to back losses. Injuries have cruelled our already iffy backline in the last few weeks.
Mini out, Mitch Aubusson in serious doubt with a back issue, Soliola was out last week (he cops a bagging week after week but after Sa's efforts lately i'd rather Soliola in the centres) and Williamson in the U20s copped a broken jaw, probably would have got a run soon.

Time for Anasta, Pearce, Perrett, SKD, Soliola, to really stand up and make sure the younger blokes like Waqa get some good ball.

Iafeta

Referee
Maybe this is the game Denan Kemp finally puts in for the Warriors? Dead-set that bloke has been ordinary, and he's only doing himself in. Last year he was a potential bolter to fill in at the World Cup, people were talking about potentially being in Origin in the next couple of years... which would really set him up for the big pay day, but this year his involvement is low, and he doesn't appear to be totally interested. He's got the pace, he ripped the Knights a new ringhole down the flank at the end, but I don't know, I'm sure it's massively different than playing outside Lockyer all day but he just doesn't seem effective for us.

Should be a good game... the real key is whether we can find some better attacking options. I suspect a lot of that for us for the rest of the season hinges on Hohaia who is unfortunately again missing.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Maybe this is the game Denan Kemp finally puts in for the Warriors? Dead-set that bloke has been ordinary, and he's only doing himself in. Last year he was a potential bolter to fill in at the World Cup, people were talking about potentially being in Origin in the next couple of years... which would really set him up for the big pay day, but this year his involvement is low, and he doesn't appear to be totally interested. He's got the pace, he ripped the Knights a new ringhole down the flank at the end, but I don't know, I'm sure it's massively different than playing outside Lockyer all day but he just doesn't seem effective for us.

I dunno, but at the Broncos.. their backs are heavily involved, playing outside Locky definitely helped Kemp; i don't think he's been seeing as near enough ball or space at the Warriors

Cheops

Juniors

Should be a good game... the real key is whether we can find some better attacking options. I suspect a lot of that for us for the rest of the season hinges on Hohaia who is unfortunately again missing.

I think you're being a bit harsh there. He was quiet in the first few games, but the last two, he has got much more involved. He hasn't had many chances in tryscoring opportunities, but there's not a lot he can do about that. And the one half chance he had, he would have scored a very nice little try if Gidly wasn't playing piggyback.

And for the record, I'd also like to jump on the Kemp to fullback bandwagon