What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R9 Sun :: Broncos 20 Sea Eagles 22 @ Suncorp

R9 :: Broncos v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You can't knock the ball on with your torso, same as if the ball hits you in head. The only reason people are calling it a wrong call is based on the commentary, certainly not on the rulebook. The rulebook states it is a try, and it was correctly awarded

1 thing did surprise me with Brisbane's game, and that was the lack of set play moves used. May be down to a couple of guys being out, but they have been very effective this year for them, today bombing looked like the only option to score

LOL, Twigg, 1 of the funniest things I have ever read on here, is your call that Channel 9 wouldn't allow Golden Point :lol::lol::lol: I was paying reasonably close attention, but I must admit to missing the part where the Channel 9 director ran onto the field and told Parker to miss the goal :lol:

Last edited:

Twigg

Juniors
LOL, Twigg, 1 of the funniest things I have ever read on here, is your call that Channel 9 wouldn't allow Golden Point :lol::lol::lol: I was paying reasonably close attention, but I must admit to missing the part where the Channel 9 director ran onto the field and told Parker to miss the goal :lol:

I didn't say Channel 9 didn't allow golden point. I was refering to the fact that it was 5:57pm and thought there was no way they would delay the news by about 12 mins or more so therefore he must have missed it since the game is delayed in NSW. There's a whole topic on it.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=322832

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I didn't say Channel 9 didn't allow golden point. I was refering to the fact that it was 5:57pm and thought there was no way they would delay the news by about 12 mins or more so therefore he must have missed it since the game is delayed in NSW. There's a whole topic on it.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=322832

Simple solution here sunshine. Stop watching the clock for the news. Or better yet, get on a plane and go to the game.

Tommax25

Bench
Ok first, his torso touches the ball while it is in mid-air, then he lands on it with his hip. That's a knock on. Even the commentators were like wtf.

Because commentators are always right :roll:. By the rules it was a try, whether it should be in the rules is a different matter but that is not a decision which costs brisbane.

Tommax25

Bench
Take away the knock on try from Lyon, and the Bani forward pass try and it's a different story.

Still you can't play that sh*t in the 2nd half and expect to win a match.

Why take that try away from lyon when it wasnt a knockon?

That said I am shocked that brisbane let that lead slip/manly fought back into it. Thought it was game over at 16-0.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
You can't knock the ball on with your torso, same as if the ball hits you in head. The only reason people are calling it a wrong call is based on the commentary, certainly not on the rulebook. The rulebook states it is a try, and it was correctly awarded

The rulebook states that to be able to give a try grounded by the torso, the ball must be on the ground first. This one wasn't.

No Try.

Billigan

Juniors
i agree with Twigg 100% the whole game was fcked by stupid calls during the whole match. Lyons try is a no try for all money and i dont care bout wat the fken rules say cause thats not how you score tries in rugby league. You use your hands and arms to score tries not your fcken torso. Its a discrace to rugby league and that single call cost the broncos a win and 2 competition points. Secondly bani's try was forward and lyons third try shouldnt of been a try. those three calls changed the match and even tho the broncos played terrable in the second half they did enough to win the game. also there were other calls in the game that when manly's way for example when we got penalised for using our head in the tackle but when manly used a closed fist and hand pushing wallaces head into the gorund that wasnt called a penalty.

The BigFella

Juniors
Geez all this cary on after a loss. Sides get bad calls every week and Brisbane have more than their fare share of good ones along the way. Even yesterday in Brisbanes first try Lockyer was infront of the kicker and interferred with the defender prior to Clinton forcing the ball. Referee didn't refer it up stairs and the try was awarded. Good on the ref for making a call, but had it have been reffered big chance not a try.
The forward pass to Bani was forward but I recken we would be in the thousands for last passes that have been forward and in the end been awarded, so every week you win some and you loose some. There was probably 5 or 6 passes in that game that were forward that I can remeber from both sides that were let go, including in the lead up to some of the try's.

I think Lockyer and Henjack maybe looking for excuses and someone else to blame for blowing a 16-0 lead against a team that so far have struggled to beat an egg!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The rulebook states that to be able to give a try grounded by the torso, the ball must be on the ground first. This one wasn't.

No Try.

In contrast the rulebook also states that you can't knock the ball on with anything other than your hands or arms

The ball didn't make it's way to the ground in any illegal way, therefore there is no reason for it not to be a try, as knock on can't be called according to the rulebook