What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R9 Sun :: Broncos 20 Sea Eagles 22 @ Suncorp

R9 :: Broncos v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussies1st

Staff member
Broncos went back to their old habits struggling to score tries when needed. Manly looked shot in the 1st half, lucky Lyon was on fire which managed to get the confidence of the rest of the side up.

Chook Norris

First Grade
wow.. just switched the game off as it was 16-0[had to do some work..]... and now i see the score :lol:

broncos70

Juniors
jamie lyons try off his torso is by far the worst call ive ever seen in my life and the worst rule in the nrl..what an absolute joke!!

Apey

Staff member
Lol what a joke that try was.

How the f**k was that not a knock-on :lol: ?

lsta5838

Juniors
Lol what a joke that try was.

How the f**k was that not a knock-on :lol: ?

Altough it does not look it, by the rule book, it is a ligit try...

A knock on must come off the hand or arm and a try is awarded when "a player first grounds the ball in his opponents’ in-goal, provided that he is not in touch or touch in-goal or on or over the dead ball line."

It doesn't say with what body part!!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Take away the knock on try from Lyon, and the Bani forward pass try and it's a different story.

Still you can't play that sh*t in the 2nd half and expect to win a match.

Gmac

Juniors
We must of been watching 2 different games Grimesy or your as bad as Gould and the rest of them and dont know the rules!

Ghoulies

Bench
The last two Lyon tries were very suspect, but we've had a good run with the refs so far this year, so I won't sit here bemoaning our bad luck.

We dropped off in the 2nd half and Manly were good enough to run us down - no excuses.

lockyno1

Post Whore
That is what you get by playing a backrower in the centres..well done Ivan..that was pure trash

Twigg

Juniors
Even though Brisbane are far from their best right now - that was a f*cking rigged bullsh*t game. :x

Lyon's 2nd try shouldn't have been allowed. Didn't know you could score a try with your hip or fat ass.

Jarryd Hayne's was disallowed against Cowboys yet Lyon's 3rd try was allowed. Where's the f*cking consistency.

Pass to Bani's try was forward.

I think Brisbane only got one penalty in the entire second half as well.

No chance at golden point either cause hey, Channel 9 news must start at 6pm sharp.

Daddycool

Juniors
Take away the knock on try from Lyon, and the Bani forward pass try and it's a different story.

Still you can't play that sh*t in the 2nd half and expect to win a match.
I agree with you. It most certianly would have been a different result. Not only did they keep Manly in the game points wise, they sapped the confidence of the Broncos while raising it for Manly.

But....that's football. Sometimes the calls go your way, sometimes they don't. I'll put it another way, if the Broncos had been awarded tries in similar circumstances what would you do? Blow up about the injustice of it all? or... Shrug your shoulders and accept the good fortune?

The Broncos had ample opportunity to win that game, but couldn't. I still can't believe they blew a 16-0 lead. Two weeks ago they put the cleaners thru Parramatta and the week before that, knocked off the Panthers in Penrith. Now they've lost two in a row.

As for Manly, sure they had some luck, but they won. They beat the team running third, on their home ground and came back from 16 points down. Also for the first time, they won without Brett Stewart and should now go into next Sunday afternoon's game against Parramatta, full of confidence. Well done boys.

Last edited:

Dutchy

Immortal
Even though Brisbane are far from their best right now - that was a f*cking rigged bullsh*t game. :x

Lyon's 2nd try shouldn't have been allowed. Didn't know you could score a try with your hip or fat ass.

Jarryd Hayne's was disallowed against Cowboys yet Lyon's 3rd try was allowed. Where's the f*cking consistency.

No chance at golden point either cause hey, Channel 9 news must start at 6pm sharp.

Its all an anti Brisbane conspiracy.

Gmac

Juniors

Funny, was just about to post thanking a lot of the broncos supporters on here for there kind words until a clueless twat like you comes along with obviously no idea about rugby League.

1.You don't think Lyons 2nd try was a try cause you are clueless imbo with no understanding of the rules of the game. :crazy:

2. Its not the act of tapping it forward that makes it a no try. To take a catch and juggle it forward or backward providing it doesnt hit the ground or a player is fine BUT you cant deliberately toss the ball forward or over someones head to score a try. There in lies the difference.

3. Il accept there is the chance that bani's pass could of been forward (to be honest i cant remember so wont comment) But you guys have had a few things go your way this year i so i woudlnt complain if I was you. Id be having a whinge why a team who really is the preimership favourites let a team back into the game that are well lets be honest EPICALLY FAILING so far in 2009.

Twigg

Juniors
You don't think Lyons 2nd try was a try cause you are clueless imbo with no understanding of the rules of the game.

Ok first, his torso touches the ball while it is in mid-air, then he lands on it with his hip. That's a knock on. Even the commentators were like wtf.

Its not the act of tapping it forward that makes it a no try. To take a catch and juggle it forward or backward providing it doesnt hit the ground or a player is fine BUT you cant deliberately toss the ball forward or over someones head to score a try. There in lies the difference.

OPSM for you, that was the exact same as the Hayne no-try. He hit that deliberately forward. That was no where near a juggle.

But you guys have had a few things go your way this year i so i woudlnt complain if I was you. Id be having a whinge why a team who really is the preimership favourites let a team back into the game that are well lets be honest EPICALLY FAILING so far in 2009.

Only thing that was unfair was Rnd 2 vs Melbourne. So it's one each. Btw you have contradicted yourself lol.

Latest posts