What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$1.2 million out of the cap. who will be pushed out for Burgess?

expert

Juniors
Woaw! That's a lot of coin for a player that doesn't have the ability to win a team a game when its in the balance. Players like Thurston, SBW etc maybe but not a bash and barge player..

Rabbits20

Immortal
Woaw! That's a lot of coin for a player that doesn't have the ability to win a team a game when its in the balance. Players like Thurston, SBW etc maybe but not a bash and barge player..

I'm not taking your bait. You silly troll:lol:

expert

Juniors
Walker has already been released and Sams contract won't be registered yet because $ouffs are way over the cap. Check tomorrows news guys...

southsport

First Grade
Walker has already been released and Sams contract won't be registered yet because $ouffs are way over the cap. Check tomorrows news guys...

spert you need to attend to that speach impediment.

Sam's signing and Walker's departure are unrelated........no more cap issues at Souths than there is anywhere else.

doyen

Bench

Sths are a club in big trouble!

I knew the Burgess return on such ridiculous money would be trouble.

What a mess!!

The best Jnr we've had for yonks & he won't have a bar of us!

No player is worth the money Sam is supposedly getting--it's dangerous money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GI,who has much greater talent than Sam must be spewing!

Yes! FUG ME!!!!!!!

doyen

Bench
my mate said the sam burgess thing was a circus now im seeing the aftermath

Mate--I'm so angry at the moment!!!

Anyone with half a brain could see the trouble that absolutely scandalous amt of money will cause!

And Sam will probably want to play soccer or gridiron next year!!!!

drago brelli

Bench
The Souths 'brains trust' will be in 'high level' talks with Russell Crowe, A Mundine, A Jones (Head of Team Parrot) and one of the leading movers and shakers from the Burrow.....rest easy myrtle and coachwood people, this one is easily solved.

doyen

Bench
The Souths 'brains trust' will be in 'high level' talks with Russell Crowe, A Mundine, A Jones (Head of Team Parrot) and one of the leading movers and shakers from the Burrow.....rest easy myrtle and coachwood people, this one is easily solved.

I don't know about EASILY solved!

Sounds serious enough to me.

Sam's going to have to play like superman every game as most of his mates from 2014 will have walkered away!!!

alien

Referee

where did you get the $1,200,000 figure from???

alien

Referee

i heard over the cap. i haven't heard "way" over the cap. just releasing grant or mcqueen might fix the problem

alien

Referee
Sths are a club in big trouble!

I knew the Burgess return on such ridiculous money would be trouble.

What a mess!!

The best Jnr we've had for yonks & he won't have a bar of us!

No player is worth the money Sam is supposedly getting--it's dangerous money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GI,who has much greater talent than Sam must be spewing!

Yes! FUG ME!!!!!!!

how much do you think sam is getting???

doyen

Bench
how much do you think sam is getting???

Over the next 3 yrs, the money Sam earns,one way or another,will hurt our club!

Losing Walker is bad enough but there will be more outs,I reckon.

I can't see how any club can justify paying one player in first grade possibly 10 times more than another one.I don't know what Sam will be paid but he is going to have a helluva time living up to his pay packet if that 1.2 mill. is correct!

So far Sam's return is damaging our club rather than improving it!

alien

Referee
Over the next 3 yrs, the money Sam earns,one way or another,will hurt our club!

Losing Walker is bad enough but there will be more outs,I reckon.

I can't see how any club can justify paying one player in first grade possibly 10 times more than another one.I don't know what Sam will be paid but he is going to have a helluva time living up to his pay packet if that 1.2 mill. is correct!

So far Sam's return is damaging our club rather than improving it!

if it's $1,200,000 out of the cap per year, then i agree that it could do more harm than good, but i doubt it's that much. maybe it's that amount per year, including what the third parties are paying him, which is outside of the cap

doyen

Bench
if it's $1,200,000 out of the cap per year, then i agree that it could do more harm than good, but i doubt it's that much. maybe it's that amount per year, including what the third parties are paying him, which is outside of the cap

It wouldn't be the cap amt-----but if Sam is getting 1.2 mill.a season under any circumstances it's wrong in my book!!

GI now has to get more than that for it to be just--he's our skipper & every bit as valuable as Sam;& more!! I don't believe either of those players can live up to that pay packet!

The message being sent to the other members of our team is my concern.

It is a team-game--I know the better players need to be paid more but not more than 10 times some of the others. That is not a fair & reasonable way to do things in sport;in a team game.

It's plainly ridiculous to me.

alien

Referee
It wouldn't be the cap amt-----but if Sam is getting 1.2 mill.a season under any circumstances it's wrong in my book!!

GI now has to get more than that for it to be just--he's our skipper & every bit as valuable as Sam;& more!! I don't believe either of those players can live up to that pay packet!

The message being sent to the other members of our team is my concern.

It is a team-game--I know the better players need to be paid more but not more than 10 times some of the others. That is not a fair & reasonable way to do things in sport;in a team game.

It's plainly ridiculous to me.

i don't think we would be able to keep GI on $800,000 a year :(

some of the 25 man squad will be on the nrl minimum wage and that is only around $80,000

hunters

Juniors
Sam Burgess shits all over GI in terms of value to our team. Sam is involved in every set, attack and defense and can provide the second phase play we desperately need. GI chimes in periodically.