What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Knights 14-20 Storm | EnergyAustralia

Result: Knights v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
hilder definitely weakens the teams attack... but he has been the glue that holds our defence together in the middle of the field for a couple of years now - which more than makes up for it. the big thing about Mark Taufua is that he can be impressive in power-bursts... but doesn't have the petrol tank or workload of these other blokes. i think eventually he will be an impact player of the bench along with fa'aoso. eventually i would like to see something like -

8. Cross
9. De Gois
10. Simpson
11. Paterson
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Fa'aoso
15. Taufua
16. Tuimavave
17. Ndaira/Rogers/Flavour of the Month

extremely powerful forward pack that talks with their actions, not with their mouths - unlike a certain green and red forward pack.

however our pack lines up, though, i think most unbiased analysts would say it's miles above the storm pack this week. the knights have to come out and do exactly what they did against the dogs... and try and take melbournes match-winners out of the match by giving them zero space.

i did say one of the - if not the best back rows... but i definitely expect it to be widely rated amongst the best.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Melbourne look as weak as they ever have coming into this game but are still a danger with players like Smith, Inglis and Slater in the squad. Smith looked very raw playing at halfback against the Sharks and I cant see him getting anymore comfortable there.

De Gois will be back, likely off the bench, and he will give us a tonne of spark after the opening 30min. Possibly no Sau will hurt us but with Maddog coming back it may not be so bad.

Knights 24
Storm 16

natheel

Coach
with smith at half for melb i think newy will win by 2 points and this will be their last win for a few rounds i think

This game will be bloody close...Storm were not convincing last week and look flat.

Havig said that they will have their defensive structure in place for the Knights outside backs who were strong last week.

Storm by 4...

Knocked off one big name club last week but this will be one step too big for Knights
Storm wont be as rusty either. Storm something like 20-12

aussies1st

Staff member
Tricky one, the Knights had their sneak attack last week, the Storm won't be taking them lightly like the Dogs did. Slightly leaning towards the Knights since its at home.

Bicey_18

Bench
Melbourne 30-0

It's hilarious reading the Newcastle forum atm. Everyone in there's wanking themselves into a frenzy over a round 1 win. If the Knights go into this game with the same attitude as their fans they're going to be monstered.

Just as hilarious as you predicting a 30-0 win...

Considering last year the Storm were thrashed in Newcastle with a stronger side than what you will be sending out this weekend.

Newcastle have won 2 of past 3 games between the two...unlucky not to have been 3.

Knights by 14

Storm4Ever

Juniors
Melbourne 30-0

It's hilarious reading the Newcastle forum atm. Everyone in there's wanking themselves into a frenzy over a round 1 win. If the Knights go into this game with the same attitude as their fans they're going to be monstered.
could't agree with u more that

Juniors
lol were down 5 internationals (white, cronk, hoffman, manu, stanley) and still look infinately better than that nuffie knights team, haha as for flogging off about your pack? at full strength were

8. Lima
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Blair

ALL INTERNATIONAL PACK

conversation over

Bicey_18

Bench
lol were down 5 internationals (white, cronk, hoffman, manu, stanley) and still look infinately better than that nuffie knights team, haha as for flogging off about your pack? at full strength were

8. Lima
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Blair

ALL INTERNATIONAL PACK

conversation over

That pack isnt going to run out this weekend is it.. which is what the discussion is about here..

Must not be a great feeling then knowing this "Nuffie Knights team" has beaten Melbourne 2 of the last 3 and the last encounter was well and truly over by half time..what was it? 26-0 at one stage?

Storm struggle in Newcastle, missing several players, werent convincing last week, Knights get De Gois back

Knights by 14

Conversation over ;-)

Jono078

Referee
Do the Storm even have a bench? :lol:

Never heard of them bar Tandy, and even he has like under 10 NRL games?

Bicey_18

Bench
Dont get me wrong... Im not saying it wont be a tough game, with guys like Smith, Inglis and Slater , the Storm will be hard to beat BUT I just think the Knights for the reasons i mentioned earlier may just be too good.

perverse

Referee

8. Lima
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Blair

ALL INTERNATIONAL PACK

conversation over
lol... all international pack... i suggest you check your teamlist this week. our pack is definitely going to come at your boys like a living, breathing wall of sh*t. we have to be ever-vigilant against your big ticket match-winners, though.

Last edited:
No doubt Storm are down on depth for this game...if they lose then the likes of Proctor, Bromwich and Kostjasyn are getting good game time.

When we get our full pack back which should be around round 8...look out !!.

gsweeper

Juniors
no offence to Newcastle, but Dogs were absolutely sh*thouse for 90% of the game, and I can't see Melbourne playing like the Dogs did. I think Storm by 18, purely due to the fact that even though they are down on players, they are probably one of the best structured teams in the comp, and if the dogs could claw their way back into the match and almost steal it after being dominated for so long, i think Melbourne would be relentless, but then again, many of use have been proved wrong of late.

Noa

First Grade
Warming up to the task of beating the Knights.

Will be a firm track on Saturday, and as I expect our forwards to at least nullify the knights pack despite their greatness/awesomeness, the juggernaught that is GI will tear them a new one.

Latest posts