What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Knights 14-20 Storm | EnergyAustralia

Result: Knights v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono078

Referee
no offence to Newcastle, but Dogs were absolutely sh*thouse for 90% of the game, and I can't see Melbourne playing like the Dogs did. I think Storm by 18, purely due to the fact that even though they are down on players, they are probably one of the best structured teams in the comp, and if the dogs could claw their way back into the match and almost steal it after being dominated for so long, i think Melbourne would be relentless, but then again, many of use have been proved wrong of late.

With Sau and Vuna gone from our left side of the team it wasn't rocket science with what the Dogs were gonna do an go to get their points.

It was Idris and Turner up against Taia and another back rower when they started their onslaught. What I'm saying is if we didn't lose those player we would have dealt with the Dogs comfortably for the full 80 minutes.

natheel

Coach
i know i voted knights here but ive taken storm in my tipping comp so far just as a 'safe' tip ive already taken the bunnies as my iffy one this week

Shorty

Staff member
Though it's tempting to go with a brimming confidence Knights outfit, Melbourne just aren't going to be that easy to beat.
Yes they're depleted but they've got an amazing structure like that of Brisbane which basically means though they're depleted, the only difference is they win by less.

I think Newcastle have a good chance, but they need to forget the 'Dogs win and frustrate Slater with hard hitting defence.
If they can do those things they'll be looking the goods, but Storm is just too safe not to tip at the moment.

Evenflow

Bench
Personally i think it means very little taking past game results into account when picking a winner. More often than not they're different teams playing different times of the year, have different form etc There's so many variables and while the Knight may have beaten the Storm 2 of the last 3 times you can also take that back further and say the Storm have beat the Knights 6 out of their last 8 meeetings which they have. Stats can be made to suit any argument depending on which way they're twisted.

In saying that i think the Knight might just sneak home, only because the Storm looked a little unsettled in the halves without Cronk steering the ship which had a flow on affect to other positions and the Knights played very well against the Dogs. While i still think the Storm can win it and won't be surprised if they did, with injuries to key players especially Cronk as well as their interrupted pre season i'll say the Knights by 2 at home.

Butters

Bench
Only 2 more sleeps until Newcastle get smashed by a 2nd string Melbourne side. Can't wait to see the 'best backrow in the NRL' in action. :lol:

MSIH

Bench
Too much class in that Melbourne side for me. It'll be close for sure, but when it's close the likes of Slater, GI and Smith will come up with a big play more times than not.

Melbourne by 4

Serc

First Grade
You'd better get your popcorn ready Butters, there's going to be quite a show from this famed backrow!

So MacDougall vows to shut down Inglis...full of hot air.

Inglis will own him big time. He had a quiet one last week and when this happens he normally comes out the next week and kills it...

voltron

Juniors
doogs actually does really well against class centres
so if it happens i wont be surprised
but then again, not surprised if it goes the other way

Serc

First Grade
lol yeah after I posted it I thought "damn, could've done better with it!"

Only another hour and a half to goooo!!!! Very excited for this one

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Still expect Storm to win in a tough one.

But I f the Knights build a large early lead i doubt the Storm will score enough to peg it back.

This Storm U20's side looks even scarier than last year's !!...the depth at Storm will be awesome next year and beyond.