What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Knights 14-20 Storm | EnergyAustralia

Result: Knights v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
These are the best wins. Under fire from fired up players and against whistle happy refs.

Storm are the best and most committed team I've ever seen. :D

Rudderriffic

Juniors
Well done Storm on a close fought win with little possesion.

The difference between the sides tonight probabaly came down to how clinical the Storm were with their few chances, and how the Knights were the complete polar opposite with plenty of ball in good position in the second half.

Never really noticed it before, but GI's defensive positioning and reads seem pretty bad. He locked onto decoy runners several times tonight, leaving Quinn on an island, and directly leading to two Newcastle tries.

Lots of things to like from a Newcastle point of view, shame not to get the points, but if the level of intensity from our first two games can be sustained, we'll have a cracker of a season. Fair amount of 'if' in that though considering it's March :p

MC DUI

Juniors
Congrats to the Storm, defended really well and deserved to win with the crap we dished up as attack on your line.

Can't believe we just kept one out hitting up forwards on your line instead of going to the edges a few times....

Anybody got a halfback for sale?

Well done Storm on a close fought win with little possesion.

The difference between the sides tonight probabaly came down to how clinical the Storm were with their few chances, and how the Knights were the complete polar opposite with plenty of ball in good position in the second half.

Never really noticed it before, but GI's defensive positioning and reads seem pretty bad. He locked onto decoy runners several times tonight, leaving Quinn on an island, and directly leading to two Newcastle tries.

Lots of things to like from a Newcastle point of view, shame not to get the points, but if the level of intensity from our first two games can be sustained, we'll have a cracker of a season. Fair amount of 'if' in that though considering it's March :p

Agree...GI used to do the same to Chambers last year and Chambers would take the rap for it.

Not good enough really...

Apey

Staff member
f**k, had all that possession and still couldn't score. Should have won that game... oh well.

pnub

Juniors
Agree...GI used to do the same to Chambers last year and Chambers would take the rap for it.

Not good enough really...

As super human as GI can be at times it would have been a massive effort on his behalf to leave Chambers stranded in defence as Chambers spent last year playing Centre on the opposite side of the field.

Yes GI can make some bad reads at times but then again so does Quinn. Its something they will both have to work on and i believe Bellyache told Quinn to hang back as well at half time according to foxsports.

Last edited:
Gutsy win based around our goalline defence. Brett Finch was huge for us all game I thought.
Inglis was woeful... and Adam Blair, that was a grub shot and I expect he'll cop a couple of weeks depending on carry over points

stormbati

Bench
Finch has been in pretty solid form since the back end of last year. I really liked the way we hung in there in defense, as soon as we got a chance, we took it. That was the game, that really hurt the knights.
Newcastle are a pretty good side and were unlucky at times.