What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R2 | Sat | Knights 14-20 Storm | EnergyAustralia

Result: Knights v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noa

First Grade
Agree...GI used to do the same to Chambers last year and Chambers would take the rap for it.

Not good enough really...

Do you hit the bottle hard before games Kia Ora, they played on different sides of the field.

I agree though ordinary game from Inglis, the way MacDougall looked like Usain Bolt against him a few times, he has to be injured.

Noa

First Grade
Tend to agree...spanks teams when it is a rout but goes MIA too much..really frustrating.

Jeez Kia Ora, when you agree with Dutchy youve lost the plot.

Made the winning play in the WCC 3 weeks ago, kicked the winning field goal,as well as being the most ominous player on the ground, in the GF last year.

A few other tight games he made the difference in last year

Souths in Perth
Saints in Melbourne
Knights in Melbourne
1st SOO

Knightmare

Coach
FMD, the refs were woeful tonight. Newcastle should have scored with the continued sets near the tryline late in the match, they appeared to have no real set attack and were throwing it around like a 7's match, but you can't deny the men in purple got a considerable hand up from the men in pink, especially in the second half.

innsaneink

Referee
Regardless of the refereeing, the Storms D was very very impressive....won that game on D - played very tough.
Blair = coward

Do you hit the bottle hard before games Kia Ora, they played on different sides of the field.

I agree though ordinary game from Inglis, the way MacDougall looked like Usain Bolt against him a few times, he has to be injured.

Yep did last night...drunk posting not good.:lol:

You know what I mean with GI...leaves his winger to do the work IMO.

Jeez Kia Ora, when you agree with Dutchy youve lost the plot.

Made the winning play in the WCC 3 weeks ago, kicked the winning field goal,as well as being the most ominous player on the ground, in the GF last year.

A few other tight games he made the difference in last year

Souths in Perth
Saints in Melbourne
Knights in Melbourne
1st SOO

My point is...great player but you do not see this week in week out.

Not saying that he has to turn it on every week but a player of his calibre can absolutely dominate a match if he wanted.

I just don't think we see the best out of him on a consistent basis.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I doubt he will, but Blair should cop a long suspension for that.

He probably won't because spectacular things, like high shots at high speed, are what cop the big bans. However, big hits gone wrong are often accidental/negligent, whereas this was utterly deliberate.

He complained about the high shot, then looked at Cross, positioned his elbow, and then positioned his body to exert the maximum force to Cross' head. It was a deliberate attempt to illegally hurt/injure. How the spastic commentators managed to completely miss it is beyond me.

Butters

Bench
Well Newcastle certainly proved me wrong... :lol: Even with the refs in their pocket pretty much the entire game they couldn't score any points after 20mins.

So do Newcastle still have the best backrow in the NRL? :lol:

Butters

Bench

He probably won't because spectacular things, like high shots at high speed, are what cop the big bans. However, big hits gone wrong are often accidental/negligent, whereas this was utterly deliberate.

He complained about the high shot, then looked at Cross, positioned his elbow, and then positioned his body to exert the maximum force to Cross' head. It was a deliberate attempt to illegally hurt/injure. How the spastic commentators managed to completely miss it is beyond me.

Nothing in it at all. He had 3 guys tackling him and he was fighting in the tackle, accidents happen.

Cross deserved it anyway, blatantly taking the markers out pretty much every time he played the ball. And the way he cried to the refs when any Melbourne player so much as got near his head in the tackle. f**ken sook.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Well Newcastle certainly proved me wrong... :lol: Even with the refs in their pocket pretty much the entire game they couldn't score any points after 20mins.

So do Newcastle still have the best backrow in the NRL? :lol:

Yes, we do

Only your goalline defence and our inept halves kept you in the game.

You must work real hard at being a f**kwit mate, you're real good at it

Butters

Bench
Yes, we do

Only your goalline defence and our inept halves kept you in the game.

You must work real hard at being a f**kwit mate, you're real good at it

Missing tackles, dropping balls, giving away penalties, hitting the defensive line hard as a sponge, picking fights with the smallest player on the field and tearing hamstrings. That's all your backrow did last night, not exactly what i'd expect from the best in the NRL.

Deliberate ??...showing your typical hatred for Storm.

Noa

First Grade
The commentators didnt miss it Manu, they spoke about it for a minute,they gave him the benefit of the doubt is all.

Though he probably wasnt trying to miss him.

Jono078

Referee
Lol Manu is 100% spot on, it was deliberate.

He lined him up and wanted to drop the elbow on his head with big impact. Lucky for Cross it didn't come off as bad except for the head slam on the turf.

dont worry kia! its just everyone trying to destroy us because they know that if they dont lie about illegal tactics we will win the grand final. it happens every year, i dident hear none of it when we werent making the finals, the grand finals as well, so people need to grow up and get past it.

dont worry kia! its just everyone trying to destroy us because they know that if they dont lie about illegal tactics we will win the grand final. it happens every year, i dident hear none of it when we werent making the finals, the grand finals as well, so people need to grow up and get past it.

Come on. Lie about illegal tactics?
Do you realise that when you weren't making the finals you had a different coach, hence, different tactics?