What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R4 | Fri 2:10 | Storm 17-4 Dragons | Etihad

Result: Storm v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It took the last 15 mins of the game for the storm to be safe, and the dragons didnt play that well, the dragons had chances to win, if the dragons played 20% better they would have won

so the storm werent that far in front they are lucky to have players like cronk,smith and slater

The fact that the storm won that game by 13+ shows why they're in a league of their own - it was a tight game. And then the Storm's superstars ran away with it.

Individual brilliance mate - it's the difference between the premiers and a well-coached team of toilers.

St George aren't in the same league as Melbourne. The only difference between them and Souths is Wayne Bennett.

Gaba

First Grade
The fact that the storm won that game by 13+ shows why they're in a league of their own - it was a tight game. And then the Storm's superstars ran away with it.

Individual brilliance mate - it's the difference between the premiers and a well-coached team of toilers.

St George aren't in the same league as Melbourne. The only difference between them and Souths is Wayne Bennett.
if the dragons were playing the eels , dragons would have won easily

you are just jealous eels are a one man team and still dont have a game winner , need teams like depleted sharks,warriors,knights,panthers

to make him look good

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That is really becoming a valuable impact that GI has that doesnt show up on the stat-sheet.

It was Inglis' solo try (from the bomb) that sunk Parra's first comeback in the grand final, and it was his field goal that killed the second comeback.

He's probably the difference between Melbourne and any other good team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
if the dragons were playing the eels , dragons would have won easily

Just my point. The Dragons dominated the Eels in round 1 and still only won by 6 points (from 3 goals). The Storm would've put 30 on us.

you are just jealous eels are a one man team and still dont have a game winner

Do you not see the contradiction in that sentence? Hayne got man of the match 8 weeks in a row in sudden death matches. If we're a one man team it's because he's a match winner.

What Parra needs is a halfback. And so do St George.

need teams like depleted sharks,warriors,knights,panthers

to make him look good

So he got Dally M player of the year because of 4 games? :lol:

Didn't you see him turn around a 20 point deficit against Manly two weeks ago?

Anyway my point is Parra's no better than St George - maybe we're better suited to finals football - but we're not the ones winning the comp in March. On paper the only team winning the comp in October will be Melbourne (again). The best the rest of us can hope for is that they get some key injuries or suspensions to even out the salary cap discrepancies. ;-)

RockWheel

Bench
Anyway my point is Parra's no better than St George - maybe we're better suited to finals football - but we're not the ones winning the comp in March. On paper the only team winning the comp in October will be Melbourne (again). The best the rest of us can hope for is that they get some key injuries or suspensions to even out the salary cap discrepancies. ;-)

Hold on, aren't you the one saying that early season form means nothing but you're now writing the Dragons off?

Danish

Referee
Loving all the dragons trying to hitch themselves to the storm wagon....

Since whn is being soundly thumped some sort of acheivement?

Danish

Referee
Well you seem to want to use last night's 13 point loss as some sort of victory for the dragons.

To put it int perspective the storm beat the "mighty" 2009 roosters by 16 at the start of last season.

You got domnated by a storm, and to be honest they still had plenty of errors in them. If either side plays at the same level for the rest of the season neither will be competitive n the finals.

typicalfan

Coach
Well you seem to want to use last night's 13 point loss as some sort of victory for the dragons.

To put it int perspective the storm beat the "mighty" 2009 roosters by 16 at the start of last season.

You got domnated by a storm, and to be honest they still had plenty of errors in them. If either side plays at the same level for the rest of the season neither will be competitive n the finals.

Storm will rise to the occasion, they rose to the occasion yesterday and beat the Dragons easily in the end.

The Storm look way more dominant this year, I only think a team like the Tigers or Eels with their ability to score points no matter who their opponent is on their day could beat them in the Grand Final.

It is why I don't think the Dragons and Bulldogs can win, because their style of game suits the Storm.

Gaba

First Grade

if the dragons played 20% better they would have won , so how is that going on the storm wagon

. If either side plays at the same level for the rest of the season neither will be competitive n the finals.

disagree the attacking sides will have trouble scoring against defensive teams, more then the defensive teams scoring against the attacking sides

the defensive teams will win majority of times , and the dragons and storm are ahead

i typed in a previous post storm are lucky with the players calibre of smith,cronk,slater

i still not convince about the storm depth when those players are not there

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
I only think a team like the Tigers or Eels with their ability to score points no matter who their opponent is on their day could beat them in the Grand Final.

the tigers and eels will struggle to score enough points to beat good defensive teams ,

imo , i doubt the tigers and eels defense will stop teams scoring points like the dragons, storm can

for example tigers wont win a game like 10-6 against a team like the dragons

Last edited:

Chriss

Juniors
if the dragons played 20% better they would have won

If, but, how, what, blah blah blah. You don't get it. The dragons don't have a '20% better'

If the roosters won 1 more game they wouldn't have won the wooden spoon last year.
If kimmorely and ennis played for nsw in all origins, the blues might have won last year.
If I won the lotto I'd own my own ferrari and penthouse in vegas.

It is a rediculous statement to use as an excuse. If using 'if' was a valid excuse, every team, coach or fan would use it.

Just suck it up and accept that you lost, the storm were better. No 'ifs' please.

Gaba

First Grade
If, but, how, what, blah blah blah. You don't get it. The dragons don't have a '20% better'

Just suck it up and accept that you lost, the storm were better. No 'ifs' please.

I have accepted the lost, its only round 4 so your statement is ridiculous

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hold on, aren't you the one saying that early season form means nothing but you're now writing the Dragons off?

I was writing them off before the Storm game mate. Their form is irrelevant; they don't have the players to make an impact in the finals.

But they'll probably win the minor premiership again.

That's a bit unfair.

Both sides defended very well last night and any errors came from defensive intensity - whether forced in a tackle or unforced due to fatigue and frustration.

They are the two best defensive teams in the comp and last night made each other look ordinary for 65 minutes.

disagree the attacking sides will have trouble scoring against defensive teams, more then the defensive teams scoring against the attacking sides

the defensive teams will win majority of times , and the dragons and storm are ahead

Come finals time everyone lifts their intensity and defensive teams lose the advantage they had during the regular season.

That's why you need to be able to attack to win in the finals. Parra and the Tigers have plenty of spark but neither has a good halfback. That'll hurt both teams throughout the year. It was the difference between Parra and Melbourne in the grand final.

thommo4pm

Coach
Just my point. The Dragons dominated the Eels in round 1 and still only won by 6 points (from 3 goals). The Storm would've put 30 on us.

Didn't you see him turn around a 20 point deficit against Manly two weeks ago?

How do you figure the Storm would have put 30 on you when Saints put 18 past you.
The Storm haven't scored more than 20 points this season in a match.
They win their games on the back of their defense....not their attack.

Hayne didn't turn around a 20 point deficit, the officials had a major hand in that.

thommo4pm

Coach

The defensive structure of both sides is too good for most other teams....they will both be competitive in the Finals should they make it.

The Storm will be the benchmark yet again this year.

I can see the Dragons making the top 4 easily yet again, but will fold in the finals due to the lack of a true game changer or genuine playmaker. Their defence will be great against the likes of NQ, Canberra, NZ and the general pretender 9-12 teams but when they come up against teams like Easts, Parra and us, they'll crack.

Red Bear

Referee
I think the Dragons will win the Minor Premiership. They are such a solid week in week out team, whereas yesterday was the first time the Storm have really turned up all year (although Cronk fit again is a huge in for them). Storm were fortunate they had some awful opposition first 3 rounds, because they were average. Yesterday they were very good.

Not all is lost for Deagons Fans, they beat them well in a similar sort of game last year at Kogarah. The questionmark is always going to be there however, of wether or not the Dragons can step it up a gear when they need to. They have excellent wingers but question marks over whats inside them.

Danish

Referee
The defensive structure of both sides is too good for most other teams....they will both be competitive in the Finals should they make it.

Oh I know.

That mighty dragons defence was able to keep the storm to just 3 tries. In their other games the storm had been racking up cricket scores in their other games....

Oh wait, no they haven't. Actually they scored more points last night than in all bar 1 of thir previous 3 games.

thommo4pm

Coach
Oh I know.

That mighty dragons defence was able to keep the storm to just 3 tries. In their other games the storm had been racking up cricket scores in their other games....

Oh wait, no they haven't. Actually they scored more points last night than in all bar 1 of thir previous 3 games.

Ok, if you want to be like that.

In another thread you asked what the difference between Saints / Melb & your game was.
People stated defence.

You guys had 60 points put on you by a team we held to 6 points and beat by 20 the week before....and the Dogs scored triple against you blokes than what they had scored in the two matches before that combined.

Easts struggled to put away an U/20's Bronco's team.
If you couldn't see the difference in the quality of the games and speed / intensity than the conversation is pointless.