What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R4 | Mon 4pm | Knights 30-34 Panthers | EAS

Result: Knights v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scorpio30

Bench
That's it. f**king atrocious. We're done for 2010. f**king pathetic sh*t for the second week running. No excuses this week. To blow a 24-6 lead is unforgivable. Mullen, the myth, has got to go. Four barely existent games from an alleged future star is pathetic.

I remember in 2005 the Knights blew a 20-0 lead at home against the Warriors so its been worse :p

Gaba

First Grade
Just the 50/50's mate. The six-again call. The Dureau/Jennings thing, if Newcastle were down by six that would have been called a no try. Ruck infringments. I don't trust the refs at all this season. The momentum swings are entirely contrived.
:lol:

CJG 182

Juniors
Gotta love lazy defence, pathetic square up penalties. That embarrassing Paulo try. Apparently it's sweet to tackle someone off the ball now.

Johns Magic

Referee
Mullen, the myth, has got to go. Four barely existent games from an alleged future star is pathetic.

Didn't you just say you didn't get to watch the game?

The forwards lost us the game today. Not one of them gave us a roll-on, our dummy-half scoots were non-existant, dropped balls everywhere. Only someone who didn't watch the game would blame Mullen for that loss, he didn't get a chance to do anything and he got a try-assist and scored a crucial try under pressure out of nothing.

MacDougall

First Grade
Don't you laugh, I'm not the tool that thinks Darius Boyd is the ninth best player in the NRL.

Dureau wasn't going for the ball he was too busy tring to block Jennings, fair try.

I agree, my point is that was one of the calls that could have gone either way depending on the mood of the referees.

I'm surprised everyone is disagreeing with me. I have no agenda here. My team has been winning. It's just as clear as day to me that there is influence coming from the referees in every game.

I will concede that it was less obvious in this game than in others, but it was still there.

bigfoot

Juniors
Can't believe we won. :lol:
Both teams pathetic really, Penrith managing to come back and sneak home with the win.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Didn't you just say you didn't get to watch the game?

I didn't blame Mullen. I said he had to go. I said it last week too. He's playing ordinary football, and there's only so long he can hide behind his hype and the 'forwards did it' defense.

Shire Panther

Juniors
That game was never in doubt.............even though i left the pub at half time disgusted with the first half we dished up:crazy:.

Johns Magic

Referee
I didn't blame Mullen. I said he had to go. I said it last week too. He's playing ordinary football, and there's only so long he can hide behind his hype and the 'forwards did it' defense.

Singling him out of all the players as "barely existent" and "pathetic" in a last-play loss is as close to blaming someone as you can get.

I don't know if you have an axe to grind or something, but Mullen was one of the ones actually trying to keep us in the game today and very nearly won it for us on his own.

It was far from a stand-out performance from him, but he had very little to work with out there and having a go at him alone is unfair.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Singling him out of all the players as "barely existent" and "pathetic" in a last-play loss is as close to blaming someone as you can get.
I expect better than one play a game, however good that one play might be. The fact is, he was barely sighted in the first half when the Panthers were ripe for the taking. He needs to stand up at all times - not just in occasional times of crisis.

Having watched the game, he wasn't the one to blame and the forwards did him no favors, but he hasn't had what I'd call a good game in a long while. Certainly not this season.

Meanwhile, Dureau goes out and tries his ass off every week, and cops a pasting. I'm just asking for some accountability from Mullen, rather than more finger pointing at the forwards.