What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | SF1 - W4 v L2 | Fri | Raiders 24-26 Tigers | Canberra (CAN elim)

Semi Final Result: Raiders v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im happy we have made it this far but im not satisfied yet.

its going to be interesting how the Tigers back up from Saturday night mentally and physically.

It looks like it will be a full house down in canberra , massive atmosphere.

It will interesting how many Tigers supporters are going. Im travelling from the Macarthur region , you should see the flag from the car window. :)

Ellis and Dwyer cleared by the judicary, no word on Bunji, but he will be given right up until game time to prove his fitness.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Tickets selling pretty fast, already around 8,000 sold which is almost unheard of for a Canberra game.

That's awesome considering it's only members buying today.

I reckon we'll get 25K......there's so many bandwagoners coming to this one.

Paullyboy

Coach
I just hope it's Raiders fans and not Tigers fans, a home crowd is worth about 10 points because referees instantly blow the whistle if they hear a boo

Raider Azz

Bench
I wonder how many morons will turn up and try to buy them at the gate? I don't know what it is with people in Canberra but they seem to think they can show up 5 minutes before kick off a get a ticket. It's always pretty funny to witness

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I wonder how many morons will turn up and try to buy them at the gate? I don't know what it is with people in Canberra but they seem to think they can show up 5 minutes before kick off a get a ticket. It's always pretty funny to witness

Yeah blame the Brumbies.

When the bandwagoners moved over to their games they found out there was nothing worth watching before the match so they'd show up at the last minute.

The Raiders playing in the Toyota Cup semi should get quite a few there early.

I imagine there will be a lot of Tigers supporters rocking up late due to the scheduling. Pretty p*ss poor having it on a Friday TBH. Ah well.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I imagine there will be a lot of Tigers supporters rocking up late due to the scheduling. Pretty p*ss poor having it on a Friday TBH. Ah well.

f**king stupid isn't it?

Plenty of people won't be able to go because they will be working on Friday. I'm planning to chuck a sickie so will be there. :cool:

SET2JT

Juniors
The Raiders have this one in the bag. Can't see the Tigers winning this with all their players caring injuries, and after playing close to 100 min last week. Plus the game is being played at Canberra. We really need to change the system as this game should be played at ANZ or the SFS to let more people in.

lol

Guaranteed it's going to be plenty

Walt Flanigan

Referee
f**king stupid isn't it?

Plenty of people won't be able to go because they will be working on Friday. I'm planning to chuck a sickie so will be there. :cool:

:lol: I'd be doing the same if roles were reversed.

It does suck though, the Tigers have brought some good crowds down to Canberra and have been good value.

Ezy

Juniors
Always a good time at Bruce when the Tigers come to visit (apart from recent results of course). Second only to the Dragons for volume of away support, and always good natured banter!

Everywhere you read it's "Raiders by how many", but believe me, we Raiders fans are wary of the wounded Tiger. A full house in Canberra would be the perfect scene for them to steal the show and get their charge back on track.

The Raiders though seem to have an aura of invincibility around them at the moment, and I think we might just have the legs to power home with a good second half against the tiring Tigs.

Raiders by 10. GO YOU GREEN MACHINE!

Eddie.

Bench
A big ask for the Tigers. With all the injuries and the short turn around against a side that is riding the wave. However I give us a big chance if Benji, Ellis and all the others in doubt get on the field. We have the attack to cut Canberra up. We have a decent record at Bruce and if the players play like they did for 65 last week we are in with a huge show of advancing to the grand final qualifier.

It appears that Blake Ashyford is out for the year with glandular fever. Poor bastard!

I wonder who will play in the centres with Lawrence, Ashyford and Daniela all unavailable? Maybe Brown and Ryan...

thommo4pm

Coach
Heard on the radio this morning, Marshall rated 60/40 to play at this stage.
Lawrence, Ellis and McKinnon also expected to play.

The Tigers might get up in this one, if these guys play.

skeepe

Immortal
The game is almost completely sold out... single seats only left. There were an extra 1,000 or so tickets made available for standing G/A, meaning I think the capacity of the ground will be temporarily increased to around 26-27,000.

Grandstand Single seats only
Inner Bowl Single seats only
General Admission Limited seats only
Standing G/A Alloc. Exhausted

thommo4pm

Coach
The game is almost completely sold out... single seats only left. There were an extra 1,000 or so tickets made available for standing G/A, meaning I think the capacity of the ground will be temporarily increased to around 26-27,000.

Grandstand Single seats only
Inner Bowl Single seats only
General Admission Limited seats only
Standing G/A Alloc. Exhausted

Good work by the Canberra/Tiger fans, it will be good to see the stadium packed down there.
Be nice to see the NRL come out and say today or tomorrow that it's officially a 27K sell out.

Latest posts