What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Heritage Round | Fri | Tigers 30-6 Rabbitohs | SFS

R5: WST v SOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Souths conceded the following amount of points in each game so far:

40, 28, 18, 30, 30 = 146 points over 5 weeks, average 29.2 points per game.

That is atrocious, even allowing for two wins.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Just for the record,
Farah has a greater defensive record than Cam Smith, Isaac Luke and Mick Ennis. He makes more tackles and misses less per game .

FACT.

grouch

First Grade
If BunniesMan needs a tissue he need look no further than the Souffs defensive line

BunniesMan

Immortal
[FKN-SIK];7289150 said:
Premiership winning defence!!!!!!!!!

LOLsouffs

Overrated hacks. Thankfully I haven't tipped them all year. Thanks for playing like a bunch of girls :)

Note - Tigers were pretty sloppy too and still whipped them!
You haven't tipped us all year? So you've only been right 3 out of 5 times? Good on ya mate.
Bunniesman,

If you seriously think that performance will encourage Bennett to coach souths you are more delusional that i first thought.

Bennett will not sign up to coach a rabble or players with no heart.

Whilst he could teach souths a thing about defense, he can't miraculously install some heart into the players.

Last night's performance shortens the odds on him coaching Newcastle.
Look at how we were before the substitions and look how we were after. Yes there was some disappointing individual performances. Especially Sutton and Taylor.

But we were doing well until he substitutes our 4 best forwards with what is essentially 4 squad players when you consider most of our first choice bench Geddes/Lowe/Pettybourne are injured/suspended.

So he replaces Burgess/Asotasi/Stuart/Taylor with our 3rd string pack ALL AT ONCE and everything goes to sh*t.

If Bennett was our coach last night we would have won. I hope Bennett was watching and sees the need for a 1st class coach.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
You haven't tipped us all year? So you've only been right 3 out of 5 times? Good on ya mate.

You beat a rubbish side and "won" against Manly. Be proud!

Keep up that premiership winning defence.

Couldn't tackle an 80 year old granny lol

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach

Look at how we were before the substitions and look how we were after. Yes there was some disappointing individual performances. Especially Sutton and Taylor.

But we were doing well until he substitutes our 4 best forwards with what is essentially 4 squad players when you consider most of our first choice bench Geddes/Lowe/Pettybourne are injured/suspended.

So he replaces Burgess/Asotasi/Stuart/Taylor with our 3rd string pack ALL AT ONCE and everything goes to sh*t.

If Bennett was our coach last night we would have won. I hope Bennett was watching and sees the need for a 1st class coach.

You can't coach blokes to play with heart.

Sutton and Sandow are the most miserable NRL halves pairing I've seen. Sutton is, and I will say it again, the worst player in the NRL. Lazy. Soft. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. Soft. Overrated. I cannot believe that any club would be chasing him too hard after he's off contract.

What an imposter.

BunniesMan

Immortal
You can't coach blokes to play with heart.

Sutton and Sandow are the most miserable NRL halves pairing I've seen. Sutton is, and I will say it again, the worst player in the NRL. Lazy. Soft. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. Soft. Overrated. I cannot believe that any club would be chasing him too hard after he's off contract.

What an imposter.
Yes I largely agree with you about Sutton. In the first 5 weeks he's had about 1 average game and 4 bad games. I don't want him resigned. Sandow would be a much better player with a better halves partner, the fact that we were in the game for so long was largely due to Sandow singlehandedly kicking us out of trouble and getting that try.

Sandow, along with Inglis (in defense at least) were the only players who looked like they wanted it. I genuinely think Sandow could go to the next level with Bennett (and with Boyd as his 6).

gronkathon

First Grade
Tigers started off rusty but really executed the gameplan once they settled into a rythym.

That was the best our kicking game has been all season and McKinnon improves with every performance.

Two injuries to Galloway (1 - 2 Weeks hopefully) and Daniella (possibly season tearing the pec off the bone) sours things a little though. Galloway is a huge loss but hopefully Woods can step back up.

Third string centre will be interesting. We can either play Moltzen there and give Miller the 7 or shift Brown in and bring in a winger.

gronkathon

First Grade
Oh and Luke Stuart being gone means the Bunnies won't make the 8 for mine. He was the only real worker in their pack

aussies1st

Staff member
Souths conceded the following amount of points in each game so far:

40, 28, 18, 30, 30 = 146 points over 5 weeks, average 29.2 points per game.

That is atrocious, even allowing for two wins.

Premiership winning defence right there!

Vic Mackey

Referee
How much of a cat is sandow!

Gets smashed legally by miller then 2 tackles later comes in with a massive swinging arm around the head on him.

The best part was that miller got up and laughed at him. Like when Dwyer laughed at burgess when he was penalized for the grapple.

Over rated bunch of spastics.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If we get our full side back on the park in about 6 weeks (minus Lawrence who we will get back in June/July) we will give this comp a real shake.

Hardyards

Juniors
If George Burgess is ready anytime soon we'll be fine. The kid is a star in the making.

And that's your problem. You don't need anymore stars, you need some workers.

Latest posts