What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Origin III | Wed 6 Jul | QLD 34-24 NSW | Suncorp

SOO3: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red Bear

Referee
Didn't like Gallens ref whingeing, but in fairness, there were some terrible calls, but I thought they were mostly after the game was already over. Myles getting a penalty for dropping the ball, Lockyer getting a penalty when Bird could not possibly pull out. There was an instance where Galloway was held down for some time as well by Thaiday and couldnt get a penalty when it was warrented.

But Gallen did also say that Qld were the better side, and they were comfortably. That first 35 minutes was awesome by them. Forget Lockyer retiring, Petro Civonoceva retiring would be an enourmous boost for us. He is a freak.

Anyway, the whole tone of the match was set in the first set of six NSW had. Third tackle and Ennis kicks from dummy half, rubbish kick, straight down the throat of Slater on the 30 metre line. From then on they just continued to make easy metres, our defence was good (for a while) on our goal line but had not impact on their go forward, so they were constantly at our goal line. We eventually crumbled under that mountain of pressure.

Then we looked poor and Minichello dropped a couple of balls up their end in the second half which essentially sealed the result.

Qld far too good. Cameron Smith is probably the best hooker the game has seen, as much as I hate to admit it, at least since the modern style of hooker took over.

Pearce was terrible tonight, Minichello had a bad game, Stewart Galloway Mannah inneffectual (although unsure how much time Mannah and Galloway got). We desperately need props to support Gallen, Lewis, Bird, Watmough and Scott, which is an excellent crop of backrowers. Soward did some nice things, our 2-5 were good when they got the ball, although I'd prefer Hayne wing and Lawrence or Jennings at left centre, and dont know how Gasnier will be going next year.

That piece of play to put Slater over was brilliant.

Well done Queensland far too good on the night. Depressing to watch that last 15 minutes.

natheel

Coach
NSW best

Soward
Gallen
Hayne
Uate
Bird

Worst
Pearce
Minichiello
Gidley

The 3 worst I named should never step foot near a Sky blue jersey again. Not even in rebel sport cause even then they will manage to c**k it up and help lose the series

Congrats to Lockyer

some11

Referee
The best part of this game were the merkinY QLD FANS FROM SUNCORP booing the NSWelshman ever. BOOING GALLEN. f**k OFF YOU merkins AND SUCKED IN IF YOU ARE A COWBOYS twig.

:lol:

6 series. in a row. ;-)

When you wake up with a hangover and all that rage, have a look at this post and hang your head in shame for yourself and your state.

Last edited:
Mini did have a shocker but to be fair, a lot of players had the dropsies last night. Can't believe the comparisons between Pearce and Soward. Kind of like discussing, which is the better cancer to have.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There isn't much left to say about last night's game, Queensland dominated early and despite plenty of courage from the Blues, they were just too far behind to strike any real blows.

They've shown QLD can be beaten IMO... next year it'll be closer again.

strewth_mate

Bench
Blues are to be applauded for their efforts before the tries started coming, they definitely looked up to the task. Excellent defense against the pressure, the proverbial defense that wins games.

Normally the opposition would get discouraged after being turned away so many times, however this Queensland team is pretty impressive.

devoid

Juniors
NSW's defence - yeah, give them some credit for holding for awhile. But imo as an impartial viewer, they were allowed to slow the play the ball down significantly more than QLD was, and were offside for pretty much the entire game. 194 - 100 tackles at halftime should be a huge difference - but it wasn't. It's just my opinion, but I thought if the reffing was even, that score could have been anything you like for QLD. Had never thought of Glen Stewart as a grub before last night either.

adamkungl

Immortal
Can't believe the comparisons between Pearce and Soward. Kind of like discussing, which is the better cancer to have.

yep. Other than the kick out on the full, there wasn't really much difference between them. Both failed to provide the necessary direction in attack. Gidley was worse. Diabolical options close to the QLD line. At least Pearce and Soward put on a few tries, even though it was too late.

This Year?

Immortal
Congrats QLD, just too good on the day. NSW had their chances but blew them as they have done for the last 6 series. What a fitting farewell for Lockyer. I felt for the Cowboys when Thurston got injured.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Geez Qld were absolutely outstanding in that first half, we didn't even enter their half, let alone their 20 for that first 36/36 minutes. Utterly dominated up front and the points were always going to flow under that kind of non-stop pressure. NSW's couple of late tries showed what we could do late in the opening half, but we were never ever going to win from 24-nil down up there. The typical calls against us from Archer but our inability to aim up in that 35 minutes was always going to cost us the game.
I don't give a flying f*ck that we won a game and probably should have won game 1, we were let down yet again by a team of gross underachievers and this will surely mark the end of a few rep careers for Blues players.

Outmuscled, outplayed and outwitted by the usual suspects. Well done Qld.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NSW's defence - yeah, give them some credit for holding for awhile. But imo as an impartial viewer, they were allowed to slow the play the ball down significantly more than QLD was, and were offside for pretty much the entire game. 194 - 100 tackles at halftime should be a huge difference - but it wasn't. It's just my opinion, but I thought if the reffing was even, that score could have been anything you like for QLD. Had never thought of Glen Stewart as a grub before last night either.

:? I'm sure this is bait but fair dinkum, if you think we spent the whole game offside, watch Inglis' tackle to force one of our players in goal in the last ten minutes.

If he's onside, I'll eat my hat, your hat and Inglis's share of pies for a month.

Shorty

Staff member
Geez Qld were absolutely outstanding in that first half, we didn't even enter their half, let alone their 20 for that first 36/36 minutes. Utterly dominated up front and the points were always going to flow under that kind of non-stop pressure. NSW's couple of late tries showed what we could do late in the opening half, but we were never ever going to win from 24-nil down up there. The typical calls against us from Archer but our inability to aim up in that 35 minutes was always going to cost us the game.
I don't give a flying f*ck that we won a game and probably should have won game 1, we were let down yet again by a team of gross underachievers and this will surely mark the end of a few rep careers for Blues players.

Outmuscled, outplayed and outwitted by the usual suspects. Well done Qld.
Gracious in defeat, Hutty.
I'm sure NSW will give you something to rub into XXXX next year.

Latest posts