What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R1 | Fri | Roosters 40-29 Rabbitohs | SFS

R1: SYD v SOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NRL Previews - Roosters v Rabbitohs (Round 1)

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages: Welcome to season 2011 of the toughest competition in the world. So, without wasting any more time with the likes of Tony Greig, Peter Roebuck and Michael Clarke, let’s go to the Sydney Football Stadium this Friday night for what shapes up to be a cracking season opener between the Roosters and South Sydney.

Arch enemies? Yes. A violent history? Yes. Book of Feuds? Whatever. This match will be a test, once again, for the enigmatic halves pairing of Sutton and Sandow, especially considering they must overcome the Roosters elite, proven pair of halves in Mitchell Pearce and Braith Anasta. This is where the game will be won or lost with two great forwards packs belting each other for 80 minutes. The class of the Roosters gets them home.

My Tip: Roosters 27-18

Full preview including teams, injuries, match history and more: http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20527

Eelectrica

Referee
Time for the rabbits to put up or shut up. Every year we hear how they're going to be a force and every year they finish at the bottom half of the ladder.

Except for that one magic year they finished 8th spot OH MY. Huge celebrations then.

Gaba

First Grade
Anasta will have to do what he did before carney came to the roosters.

Playing 2 roles 5/8 and halfback in attack

If souths lose this they might well concede they will not be in this years finals

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
Anasta will have to do what he did before carney came to the roosters.

Playing 2 roles 5/8 and halfback in attack

If souths lose this they might well concede they will not be in this years finals
Word everybody knows you don't make the finals if you lose the first game

Hutty1986

Immortal
I think the Chookies will get up here, Rabbits team looks strong on paper. Unfortunately, games aren't played on paper.
Roosters by 12

BranVan3000

Coach
People are underestimating the Rabbitohs a little I think. I have some reservations about their defence, but last time this team was together was early last year when they were carving it up.

I think Luke, Burgess and Inglis not having had much pre-season training could hurt us over the 80 minutes though

Big Pete

Referee
Tough one to predict, you've got to remember last year the Roosters were the jeckyll and hydes of the competition and could be shown up in the forwards quite easily.

With that said, Souths are generally slow starters and I would never put my money on their spine. Roosters in a tight, error ridden game.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Roosters by plenty. Souffs are all hype, no substance. The c**ks actually have a bit of talent and class.

Time for the rabbits to put up or shut up. Every year we hear how they're going to be a force and every year they finish at the bottom half of the ladder.

Except for that one magic year they finished 8th spot OH MY. Huge celebrations then.

What have you got against Souffs? They finished 7th, not 8th! ;-)

Last edited:

dragondad

First Grade
Should be a beauty, I think Roosters in a close one.

Will be at the ground in 30, will post some updates on how the crowd is looking :)