What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R11 | Fri | Raiders 20-12 Bulldogs | Canberra #nrlcancan

R11: CAN v CBY

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dogslife

Coach
We did get the bum steer
but i said it at the game, you could tell it was origin season, neither side were back the 10 and still the penalties were kept at an absolute minimum, they had the whistle in the pocket

But there is no doubt, we should have had another 4-5 penalties just for strips... in fairness at least they kept a poor 10 for both sides

the game was free flowing and the better team won, which i guess is the important thing but still, poor officiating on both sides imo.

This, I can cop it

typicalfan

Coach
Scoreline flattered the Dogs, the Raiders probably should have closed it out a few times but the Dogs are a good tough team, although Keating is a ball hog and what has happened to Josh Morris.

Bulldogs have lost 3 in a row now though I think are still a top team but their halves will hold them back in big games.

skeepe

Immortal
Very happy with the win. We copped rough calls, we coughed up too much possession, we were soft in defence up the middle (except in our own 20 thank f**k), we had one of the worst kicking games I've seen in a long time bar that one Williams kick, and we still got the two points.

Two weeks ago we would have lost a game like this by 30. I'm not convinced we've fully turned the corner, but I'm actually looking forward to our next game now instead of dreading it.

Seriously though, how blind are the Dogs halves? Several times in the first half, the Dogs had 4 or 5 on 2 out to their left and the halves decided to go right... absolutely mind-boggling, and probably cost them the win in the end.

That's not taking anything away from the Raiders... The goal line defence was unbelievable, and we fully deserved the win.

How good was it seeing Jarrod Croker give Idris an absolute bath out there? Don't know if it came across on TV, but several times in the second half Idris actually purposefully avoided the ball. No ticker when things are going badly, that one.

Bring on the Cowboys!

Last edited:

mattyg

Bench
Very happy with the win. We copped rough calls, we coughed up too much possession, we were soft in defence up the middle (except in our own 20 thank f**k), we had one of the worst kicking games I've seen in a long time bar that one Williams kick, and we still got the two points.

Two weeks ago we would have lost a game like this by 30. I'm not convinced we've fully turned the corner, but I'm actually looking forward to our next game now instead of dreading it.

Seriously though, how blind are the Dogs halves? Several times in the first half, the Dogs had 4 or 5 on 2 out to their left and the halves decided to go right... absolutely mind-boggling, and probably cost them the win in the end.

That's not taking anything away from the Raiders... The goal line defence was unbelievable, and we fully deserved the win.

How good was it seeing Jarrod Croker give Idris an absolute bath out there? Don't know if it came across on TV, but several times in the second half Idris actually purposefully avoided the ball. No ticker when things are going badly, that one.

Bring on the Cowboys!

First and last time I will EVER agree with you...past 6 weeks all we seem to be doing is going to Idris and kicking to Idris, when we have a more talented centre on the left in Morris. I think letting go of Roberts was a bad idea. Although he isn't rated much on here, he gave Morris plenty of good, early ball and has a top running game. Keating and Hodkinson play the same game...it doesnt help when every team stacks 8 defenders on Idris' side, yet we still target him when we have a proven origin centre on the left. As soon as Morris got involved, we score a try and he makes a break. Even on the last tackle, the past 6-8 weeks we have kicked to the right 95% of the time and it has paid off for what I recall only 2 tries...far too predictable. It seems like after a great opening to the season, the halves have gotten too comfortable knowing that Roberts was on the outer...pretty pisspoor decision if you ask me. In 2009 when we were blitzing it, we scored 50+ tries on our left edge between Roberts/Morris/Goodwin and we had probably the most lethal left hand side attack. This year I doubt we even have 5 tries out that way after 10 rounds...

Big Pete

Referee
Scoreline flattered the Dogs, the Raiders probably should have closed it out a few times but the Dogs are a good tough team, although Keating is a ball hog and what has happened to Josh Morris.

Bulldogs have lost 3 in a row now though I think are still a top team but their halves will hold them back in big games.

Their forward pack has been really lacking these past few weeks - Tolman is starting to get tired doing the brunt of the work.

I also think having both Stagg and Ryan isn't doing a lot for them.

But yes, the inexperienced halves pairing is really hurting them. As mattyg said they just don't have the right balance, it's like watching Lockyer/Cronk play for Australia last year.

However take nothing away from the Raiders, they're really starting to play for one another. Where has White been? He's been very good for them these past two weeks and the likes of Tilse, Miller and Fensom are starting to be rewarded for their efforts earlier in the season.

Picker also had a good game tonight, came up with a couple of big plays for the Raiders when they needed it.

Moffo

Referee
Jeebus we played poorly last night. Our halves ahould be shot, no creativity and a horrible kicking game.

We didn't deserve to win. Canberra did nothing special (IMO), but did the right things at the right time

And as a final note, the refs can suck on my willy

Moffo

Referee
the irony of merge fans calling the game boring :lol:

rofl

did you miss those blatant strips?

or how about your numerous forward passes, of which only 1 was pulled up?

Lol much? You guys got some bullshit calls go your way as well. I was at the game and you guys were offside almost every play

Spot On

Coach

Bring on the Cowboys!

Just re-affirms why he wasn't given a start for NSW. Was very unimpressive last night. Threw the little fullback around a couple of times. Needs to go into the backrow ASAP. Bring Lafai back.

Raider_69

Post Whore
There was one point in the first half when on our side of the field, the dogs had a 5 on 2 and keating switched the play back to the right :lol:
in fairness Fergo was defending like an absolute champion out on that side and continually shut them down, Croker on the right was all over Idris too. We defended extremely well on the fringes

ironhorse

Juniors
Pretty flat boring game , i wont be falling over the raiders just yet though .2 wins at home over tired opposition . Dogs look lost but have a tough draw , i still think the weakest link at the bulldogs is K.Moore . If they had re-employed Steve Folkes this year they would be top 4 imo.

Pretty flat boring game , i wont be falling over the raiders just yet though .2 wins at home over tired opposition . Dogs look lost but have a tough draw , i still think the weakest link at the bulldogs is K.Moore . If they had re-employed Steve Folkes this year they would be top 4 imo.

Last week we beat Melbourne in Melbourne.

What makes these teams more tired than the Raiders? Representative period? We had a fair few players playing in City-Country, and one with NZ. We are yet to have a bye. We also have a huge amount of injuries and absences to some key players: Campese, TLL, Shillington and Dugan.

Geohood

Bench
I made Tolman captain instead of Fensom :( :(

Would have KILLED it in supercoach and dreamteam this week with 16 players to play in each.. would have made it to the top 1000 in both probably.. At least the upside is that alot of people would have had Tolman captain so we're all in the same boat?

skeepe

Immortal
I made Tolman captain instead of Fensom :( :(

Would have KILLED it in supercoach and dreamteam this week with 16 players to play in each.. would have made it to the top 1000 in both probably.. At least the upside is that alot of people would have had Tolman captain so we're all in the same boat?

75 tackles last night. An unbelievable performance, and equals the record for tackles in a single NRL game.

Apey

Staff member
I wish I had 40k to bet on the losing team.

Was probably the guy who put 45k on Canberra, hedging his bets :lol:

Dogs attack was absolute shit, they needed to go to the edges much, much more.

Geohood

Bench
75 tackles last night. An unbelievable performance, and equals the record for tackles in a single NRL game.

Shame on your coach for picking him on the bench a few times this year or else I would have had him captain for sure LOL

to_ddeath

Coach
RP hasn't figured out how to taze himself. Obsessed with it yet somehow cannot finish the job.
Waiders - average last night but did the right things when it counted to win. Still barely top 8 at
best this year for mine.
Dogs - pathetic, a bunch of pretenders & looked horrible at times last night.

T.