What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R14 | Fri | Dragons 14-28 Titans | WIN Jubilee #nrldragtit

R14: STG v GCO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

little_aza

Juniors
Yeh if Saints had another million to spend on top of the cap this year we would't have had Rece playing tonight.

No. The salary cap applies only to the top 25 players. Obviously if more than 8 top 25 are missing, players the secondary cap are called upon. In this Dragons game, as with the Storm during rounds of origin commitments in years past, would have a majority of players being paid out of the secondary cap. The Storm was not found to have been breach of the secondary cap.

taxidriver

Coach
Lmao

Waiderspremiers went and had a cry about my post earlier on

Little darling went and cried to the mods

thommo4pm

Coach
Scott Prince finally wakes up. Dragons defence was pretty average. They missed Scott and Creagh the most tbh.

They missed Morris, Cooper & Creagh defending together on the left, and Nighty, Gasnier & Scott together on the right.

All we needed was Gaz & Sowie out there tonight and we would have won.
The boys were destroying the Titans left hand egde defence in the first half, if Gaz & Sowie were there, we would have been up by 30 at half time.

Fantastic effort by the boys who played tonight. Most Dragons fans expected a loss, and I think I can say we are all proud of what those boys dished up tonight.

A damn talented one at that. He is a future star. He is kind of versatile in the Dean Young mould, but quicker. I'm very interested to see how he develops over the next few years, definitely one of our more promising juniors.

He couldn't have got his talent from his dad. Mike Marketo was nothing more than an honest clubman.

It's good to see another son of an ex-Balmain player make the grade - just a shame that he's not playing in the black (white) and gold.

Ulysseus

Bench
Well you need to give Cartwright credit, he has figured out how to beat Saints, you just simply wait for the majority of the teams A squad to not play.
How the f**k this was not thought of before is beyond me.

Anyway, one of those games you need to expect to lose, but it still pisses you off when it happens.
As for Alex McKinnon, good kid, from Aberdeen and I used to work with his uncle who wasn't a bad player, be interesting to see where he ends up.

Liddell

Juniors
P.S. I believe tonight the club had:

- Winger playing at fullback
- Coal miner playing on wing
- 2 locks, one a debutant, playing in the centres
- Hooker playing five-eighth

That was the main issue .. basically the whole backline was forwards, and Simmonds is even slower than a forward lol .. which is why the defense lacked cohesion out wide.

A position he would be playing if he was at most other teams, and has played many times in his career.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
He couldn't have got his talent from his dad. Mike Marketo was nothing more than an honest clubman.

It's good to see another son of an ex-Balmain player make the grade - just a shame that he's not playing in the black (white) and gold.

It must be a reverse Mortimer ;-)

It always good to see kids carry on the family legacy as well as make a name for themselves in their own right. He's got plenty of talent, I hope he kicks on in the red and white.

Red Bear

Referee
Nightingale was alright at fullback.

Thought the reffing was shithouse last night. Didnt reall favour any side, just regularly wrong

Latest posts