What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R2 | Fri | Eels 6-20 Panthers | Parramatta

R2: PAR v PEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The 18th Man

Juniors
Hats off to Coach Elliot for turning around his side after a round one embarassment. The guy can coach no matter what the "experts" on this forum want to spew. Parramatta were off their game though Penrith played their part if making sure they never got in to the contest. I'd hate to be an Eels fan, a frustrating team to watch let alone support.

Lambretta

First Grade
I just can't see Penrith being that bad again this week. When you add into the mix Parramatta's ability to turn massive favouritism into a spastic effort time after time after time I can see why Eels fans might be starting to get brown smudges in their under garments.

I'm tipping the Eels because I'm not completely moronic, but an upset will not surprise me.

I wish I'd decided I was right and everyone else was wrong and tipped the Panthers.

Parra always believe the hype surrounding themselves and their attitude always drops accordingly.

Penrith out enthused the Eels and they couldn't do enough in attack to turn things around. Mortimer murdered quite a few opportunities for Parra in attack last night. They need someone dynamic in the halves, not someone who is so scared to make a mistake he takes the easy pre planned option every time.

It looked like Parra were trying to bash the Panthers into submission by patting them lightly with a silk feather.

chrisD

Coach
My thoughts:

- That game was won on defense and attitude alone, our defense was crippling, Parra forward where getting jolted at the line, great stuff

- I thought our front row really stood up, Petero, Grant and McKendry were great

- I don't like having Lewis restricted to one side of the field, he should be given the freedom to roam the field, he is yet to hit his straps

- Coote and Jenko looked much better this week, Coote is playing mush more 5/8 in attack which is good, he still has a ways to go but he will only get better. Jennings should some great flashes, he still needs to get the ball more.

- Simmons is actually playing pretty well, plenty of hit ups and his size is useful under the high ball. I assume he will be the one to drop off though when Tahu comes into the side

- Waterhouse has lost his effectiveness completely, he is now nothing more than an average back rower IMO, his hit ups lack any impact at all

- Walsh's kicking game was first class tonight, he needs to keep that up for us to compete

- OUr attack still lacks impetus, still relies on individuals making something happen, I still think Elliot sucks, he will get exposed against the better sides

Simmons let the ball go through his hands on what should have been a try and got bailed out twice by the refs on dropped balls. I don't see Coote as playing anything like 5/8, he's just slotting into that deep second man play that all fullbacks are these days, I don't think he looks comfortable in it either, his long passing game just isn't strong enough. He did show he's our best long kicking option last night though.

Plum was our real surprise packet I though, our best back rower last night, if he maintains this form he should keep his spot in the run on spot from Smith.

You're completely right about Waterhouse, he's like a front rower playing out wide, Jennings is getting nothing from him and he's stuck on the other side of the field from Lewis. In attack I'd like to Jennings roaming and slotting in behind Tighe and Lewis on that right side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wish I'd decided I was right and everyone else was wrong and tipped the Panthers.

Parra always believe the hype surrounding themselves

So does everyone else it seems.

Week-to-week form reversals are the name of the game early in the season. This has been the case since 2005 - the first year the salary cap could really be felt.

So far all four teams who've played this week reversed their form from last week.

Expect something similar for the rest of this round as well as for next weekend.

to_ddeath

Coach
Penrith - very strong.
Parra - rubbish. Tipping nightmare, f*cked me both rounds so far. NEVER looked like scoring, even when they were half a metre out. Deplorable last tackle options. Played like a bunch of stunned mullets.
Next.

T.