What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R2 | Fri | Eels 6-20 Panthers | Parramatta

R2: PAR v PEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slackboy72

Coach
Congrats pantherz9103. The rest of you Panthers 'supporters'...

parravpenpoll.jpg

Doomednow

Bench
Congrats pantherz9103. The rest of you Panthers 'supporters'...
parravpenpoll.jpg

Was tipping with my head, cheering with my heart.

I actually changed my tips in the comp I'm in at the last minute. Picked the panthers because I pretty much picked the favourite for every other game and I needed an outsider.

benntash

Juniors
I'm so proud of the boys tonight. Great way to turn things around. Everyone of them stood up to be counted. Well done fellas

Doomednow

Bench
WIN.

Great turnaround. Exceptional defense. If we can keep that up through the season we will be realistic contenders. Thank f**k.

pantherz9103

First Grade
1000 times better effort tonight and deserved win. It wasn't a great spectacle but who cares. All over them in the forwards.

Yes I was the lone person to tip Penrith on the poll. I won't boast though as it was more out of hope in all honesty. As far as I know Brandy, MG, Daryl Brohman and myself were the only people to tip the Panthers tonight. Glad I tipped with the heart tonight! :cool:

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Where was that last week

Unbelievable effort.

ALSO...great jerseys. Saw on Penrith forum that might replace the Teal alternative jersey for next year as a permanant partnership with White Ribbon campaign for Violence Against Women that Petero and Huey are a part of. That makes me happy because that is a great looking jersey.

Penrith should stick with that jersey rather than that teal monstrocity.

As for the game - one team turned up, the other didn't. Attitude is everything in football.

ironhorse

Juniors
I think Parra were believing their own hype , thought they would just have to turn up and roll the panthers .

Like I said our forwards would be too good and that is without Lewis really turning up yet. Is petero a robot? Age seems to mean nothing to him

abpanther

Staff member
My thoughts:

- That game was won on defense and attitude alone, our defense was crippling, Parra forward where getting jolted at the line, great stuff

- I thought our front row really stood up, Petero, Grant and McKendry were great

- I don't like having Lewis restricted to one side of the field, he should be given the freedom to roam the field, he is yet to hit his straps

- Coote and Jenko looked much better this week, Coote is playing mush more 5/8 in attack which is good, he still has a ways to go but he will only get better. Jennings should some great flashes, he still needs to get the ball more.

- Simmons is actually playing pretty well, plenty of hit ups and his size is useful under the high ball. I assume he will be the one to drop off though when Tahu comes into the side

- Waterhouse has lost his effectiveness completely, he is now nothing more than an average back rower IMO, his hit ups lack any impact at all

- Walsh's kicking game was first class tonight, he needs to keep that up for us to compete

- OUr attack still lacks impetus, still relies on individuals making something happen, I still think Elliot sucks, he will get exposed against the better sides