What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R24 | Fri | Rabbitohs 26-24* Cowboys | ANZ

R24: SOU v NQL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-sou-main.jpg

1. Nathan Merritt 2. Dylan Farrell 3. Shaune Corrigan 4. Greg Inglis 5. Chris McQueen 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Ben Ross 9. Issac Luke 10. Shannan McPherson 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. David Taylor 13. Michael Crocker (c)

Interchange: 14. Luke Burgess 15. Dave Tyrrell 16. Jason Clark 17. Nathan Peats

2011teams-nql-alt184.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Willie Tonga 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Ray Thompson 7. Johnathan Thurston (c)
8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange (from): 14. James Segeyaro 15. Tariq Sims 16. Scott Bolton 17. Ashton Sims 18. Cory Paterson 19. Joel Riethmuller

2011ref-pink.jpg

Ben Cummins and Adam Devcich
Touch Judges: Jeff Younis and Gavin Morris; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup R24 Rabbitohs v Cowboys @ ANZ, Fri 5:15pm

NSW Cup R24 Norths (SOU) v Cronulla (CRO, MEL) @ North Sydney, Sat 3:00pm

QRL ISC R20 Mackay (NQL) v Easts (MEL) @ Mackay Jnrs, Sat 6:30pm

QRL ISC R20 Souths Logan (CAN) v Northern (NQL) @ Bamaga, Sat 4:00pm

nrl-r24sounql.jpg

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Huge match. If we lose the last 3 weeks of effort has been for nothing. If we win the likelyhood of making the finals increases dramatically. I think we got this in a tight one:
Souths 24-18

BDR

First Grade
Should be a decent match, Souths have been inconsistent this year but we have to respect their brand of footy over the last few weeks and overcome our first back to back losses of the year. Shame we have to sit through watching the Stains cop a hiding from the Scum before we get a chance to watch it.

I'll take us 13+ but no result would surprise me.

BunniesMan

Immortal
THANK goodness for Chris Sandow. Amid the caution, the reticence to even think about reaching the finals (or at least admit as much publicly), the little South Sydney halfback tells it squarely as it is.
''We've got Friday night against the Cowboys. We're going to go to ANZ [Stadium] and smash them, I hope, in front of our home crowd,'' Sandow said, taking a detour from the script. ''I think a few teams will be shaking in their boots if we're going to be in the eight.''
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...inals-hopes-20110814-1ispd.html#ixzz1V1AlbVv4

It has genuinely made my day to know my teams players have as much confidence as me. Success is 90% mental. We've got the mentality of winners. We're going to go out Friday night and "smash them" like the great man says.

We.
Got.
This.

to_ddeath

Coach
Souths by 8. Cows don't travel well against them & don't have the same momentum at present.

T.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Impossible to tip this.. Souffs have run away from a couple of awful sides in the past two weeks but with JT steering the ship it's a far tougher ask

BranVan3000

Coach
Impossible to tip this.. Souffs have run away from a couple of awful sides in the past two weeks but with JT steering the ship it's a far tougher ask
I'd like to see JT back in form before saying his form will be enough to stop us

I'm more concerned with Bowen and the forward pack which should be a lot stronger than our makeshift pack

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
South Sydney Rabbitohs v North Queensland Cowboys
Friday 19 August 2011, kickoff 7:30pm; ANZ Stadium
TV: Delayed Channel 9 NSW and QLD; Live Radio:
Referees: Ben Cummins and Adam Devcich; Touch Judges: Jeff Younis and Gavin Morris; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Rabbitohs: 1. Nathan Merritt 2. Dylan Farrell 3. Shaune Corrigan 4. Greg Inglis 5. Chris McQueen 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Ben Ross 9. Issac Luke 10. Shannan McPherson 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. David Taylor 13. Michael Crocker (c)
Interchange: 14. Luke Burgess 15. Dave Tyrrell 16. Jason Clark 17. Nathan Peats
Cowboys: 1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Willie Tonga 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Ray Thompson 7. Johnathan Thurston (c) 8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange (from): 14. James Segeyaro 15. Tariq Sims 16. Scott Bolton 17. Ashton Sims 18. Cory Paterson 19. Joel Riethmuller

NRL Teams R24: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21811

Other grades: http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21774

BunniesMan

Immortal
WTF. 11-2...we weren't tipped like that against the two most recent teams we've played. And they were spoon contenders.

It seems like some people have listened to 'Don't stop believing' by Journey.

Last edited: