What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R24 | Fri | Rabbitohs 26-24* Cowboys | ANZ

R24: SOU v NQL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamkungl

Immortal
Wow just watched the highlights...looked like a cracker of a game, some excellent tries by both sides...but fmd that dive was a low end to the game. Barely penalty worthy even if the refs did see it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I used to really like issac luke, had a lot of respect for him. Not any longer, embarrassing stuff, he should be brought up on a conduct charge
and the imbecile who awarded the penalty, sacked, clean and cold

BunniesMan

Immortal
Luke is the biggest diver of all time.
He didn't dive.
Haha what an epic dive.

Disgraceful.
Still didn't dive.
I lost plenty of respect for Souths with that f**king awful dive. f**king shit merkins cheating to get a win. Scummiest club in the NRL.
Prove he dived? Oh wait you can't, because he didn't.
Exactly but then again, the referees fall for it all the time. Don't reward divers by giving a penalty, simple.

Cmon Newcastle - just keep winning and there is chance of Souffs making it.
The referees DIDNT fall for anything. The penalty wasn't awarded until the VIDEO ref who had replays to look at saw it was a legitimate high tackle.

We'll be doing our best on Monday night to keep the vast majority of rugby league fans happy and continue to make it as difficult as possible for the cheating merkins to play any part in the finals. Isaac Luke, you are a disgrace.
He's not a disgrace. Did nothing wrong.
I used to really like issac luke, had a lot of respect for him. Not any longer, embarrassing stuff, he should be brought up on a conduct charge
and the imbecile who awarded the penalty, sacked, clean and cold
A conduct charge? You stupid f**kwit. How the f**k is anyone going to prove he dived?

You dive at imaginary contact. HE GOT SMACKED ON THE FACE. It was a high tackle. Even if he did exaggerate the effects of it (no proof he did) the right call was made by giving a penalty.

I'd understand if the tackle was around the shoulders, and then he dove and the refs gave a penalty straight away. That's a dive. But it was the VIDEO ref with the help of REPLAYS that saw there was high contact.

Luke did nothing wrong.

We won fair and square.

Damnit Cowboys should of won in the last 10 mins but blew it which is unfortunate consindering the experience was there in JT & co to realize that fancy plays in the dying minutes would come and bite you heavily which it did leading to the intercept try. Should of went for the field goal straight away and grind it out but it didn't happen. Congrats Souths you got out of jail but honestly you luck runs out next week verse Broncos being an realist.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Isaac Luke - definitely a milk; definitely not a dive.

And why not milk the penalty? The refs should have f**king seen it when it happened. Some players with power and good footwork cop an endless stream of high shots, and the rules are there for a reason.

Liddell

Juniors
Isaac Luke - definitely a milk; definitely not a dive.

And why not milk the penalty? The refs should have f**king seen it when it happened. Some players with power and good footwork cop an endless stream of high shots, and the rules are there for a reason.

Season on the line, he did what he had to. If he played the ball, Sandow misses the field goal cowboys somehow win, how many threads would be on here saying how good of a sport he is?

I really dont know how he will sleep though knowing that a couple of people that haven't laced a boot in their lives posting on a forum have lost respect for him...

Galeforce

Bench
I like the way Cowboys have focused the game's result on " Luke" and have diverted the focus away from key points which will be troubling the coach and leading players.
1) Cowboys were full strength and playing for 4 th spot home game
2) Cowboys got a 12 point lead at a time when Sutton was off/ on field with a fractured hand
3) Souths had two key strike weapons in Merritt and Inglis drop out of side on game day . They would have been no chance against a full Souths side.
4) It was a good tough game played with finals intensity
5) Cowboys should never have let Souths back into the game with a 12 point lead , within the last 10 minutes.
6) Souths were positioned to score a fieldgoal even if they did not receive a penalty
7) dive or no dive , the smack across the face was careless and was a penalty
8) This type of loss means to me the Cowboys are gone for 2011 , which is what the Cowboys are attempting to deflect discussion. They will now just make up the numbers in the finals and will be out after the first game is my tip.

the dude

Juniors
We'll be doing our best on Monday night to keep the vast majority of rugby league fans happy and continue to make it as difficult as possible for the cheating merkins to play any part in the finals. Isaac Luke, you are a disgrace.

Eat a dick. Can't wait to take your spot in rd 26.