What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R24 | Fri | Rabbitohs 26-24* Cowboys | ANZ

R24: SOU v NQL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gronkathon

First Grade
This weather is the big unknown.

Souffs have been playing well but I am not sure they have the control in the wet

BunniesMan

Immortal
Should be an interesting game. Sort ov want the Bunnies to win, so that the Warriors have a chance to sneak into the top 4. They seem too overconfident though, I feel the Cowboys will outclass them.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-by-winning-run/story-e6frexnr-1226117793771

Reading that GI article, we don't sound overconfident. I think people are reading too much into a few leading questions asked to Sandow. We'll respect the Cowboys, and because of that we'll win.
This weather is the big unknown.

Souffs have been playing well but I am not sure they have the control in the wet
We beat the Broncos in much worse conditions than anything that will be thrown at us tonight.

Juju

Juniors
My prediction for this game. Bunniesgimp to be MIA directly after full time never to be seen until the 2012 preseason.

Hutty1986

Immortal
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y-by-winning-run/story-e6frexnr-1226117793771

Reading that GI article, we don't sound overconfident. I think people are reading too much into a few leading questions asked to Sandow. We'll respect the Cowboys, and because of that we'll win.

We beat the Broncos in much worse conditions than anything that will be thrown at us tonight.

The only reason you beat Brisbane (and not flogged by 40) was the fact the conditions were ridiculous :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Laurie Daley, a legend of the game, thinks we can beat Melbourne in the finals.

If they win every game I would still back them against Melbourne.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...f-they-get-there/story-fn2mcuj6-1226118062306

Another non Souths player/fan (so no accusations of bias/insanity) who has seen the light.

All eyes are on John Lang’s side, as they face three top-eight quality sides over the next there weeks.
Beat them, starting with the Cowboys on Friday night, and even Melbourne might be worried come September.

f**k yeah. Get on the Souths 747 while you still can.

Safe to say, we got this game.

Last edited:

Dragon

Coach
Lang has done it before with the Panthers, if he can keep their confidence going Souths could make a real charge. One week at a time though BM, Cowboys wont be a pushover

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Cowboys are very good. No argument from me on that. However IMO at our best with all our big players firing like they have in the last month, we're better. Reading GI's article in the DT today tells me we do respect them. And as long as we respect them tonight I'm confident we'll beat them.

As great it would be to lol@50uff$ the Rabbitohs have become an fantastic team as of late and surely will push the Cowboys to the limit, I'm hoping for a Cowboys win but knowing Souths as of late the game can only got two ways: a close match or a thrashing. I expect an highly motivated Cowboys side who really want a win leading into finals time as a morale booster and to get back on track.

I'm sure Souths supporters are annoyed as to why they didn't show this form earlier in this season as they would be being in the 8 if they were this red hot all season.

soc123_au

Staff member
Lang has done it before with the Panthers, if he can keep their confidence going Souths could make a real charge. One week at a time though BM, Cowboys wont be a pushover

Difference is we started our good form in Round 3 & finished Minor Premiers. Not a hail mary start at round 20. Either way hopefully the rain doesnt spoil what should be a belter of a game. I think 50uff$ will get the points tonight in a close one then plummet back to earth next week @ Suncorp. If they win tonight then regardless of next weeks result it could come down to the final game against the Knights that decides their fate. That will be a hard one, didnt go to well for us in 2009.......

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
rumour doing the rounds that inglis is out with concussion... hope its not true
Nothing official as yet so hopefully it's a false alarm. I think the rumour started because he was seen going to a doctors office today. That doesn't necessarily mean he's out.

elyod138

Bench
It seems like Jason Taumalolo will be getting his second NRL game off the bench for the Cowboys tonight.

He's an 18 year old beast, and if he successfully makes the transition to the NRL he will be a star.