What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R26 | Sat | Warriors 18-6 Cowboys | Mt Smart

R26: WAR v NQL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Warriors v North Queensland Cowboys
Saturday 3 September 2011, kickoff 7:30pm NZ; Mt Smart Stadium
TV: LIVE on FOX Sports 2/2HD (5:30pm AEST); Live Radio: 2GB, ABC + Networks
Referees: Tony Archer and Ashley Klein; Touch Judges: Ricky MacFarlane and David Abood; Video Referee: Chris Ward

Warriors 1. Kevin Locke 2. Bill Tupou 3. Joel Moon 4. Shaun Berrigan 5. Krisnan Inu 6. James Maloney 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Sam Rapira 9. Alehana Mara 10. Jacob Lillyman 11. Feleti Mateo 12. (c) Simon Mannering 13. Micheal Luck
Interchange (from): 14. Lance Hohaia 15. Russell Packer 16. Ben Matulino 17. Ukuma Ta'ai 18. Lewis Brown

Cowboys 1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Willie Tonga 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Ray Thompson 7. Johnathan Thurston (c) 8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange (from): 14. James Segeyaro 15. Scott Bolton 16. Jason Taumalolo 17. Ashton Sims 18. Cory Paterson

NRL Teams R26: http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21901

Other grades: http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21918

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
This game should be a real cracker. The Warriors and the Cowboys are two sides which like to put on a show, however I think it'll be a more defensive game. It's hard to split a winner between them because they're so similar in many aspects. My head says the Warriors @ home but my gut is leaning towards the Cowboys. I think this might be the game where Thurston hit his straps post-return from injury. Cowboys by 2+.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
How the hell anyone can predict a winner of this game involving these two sides is beyond me. May as well toss a coin.

News from fox is that Dallas Johnson and Matt Scott may not play..

It be unfortunate but they haven't being up to form due to there nagging injuries it's time for the youngens to step up hopefully JT jr have another strong game and everyone wakes up from there slumber and realize what's on the line here a home final.

beave

Coach
no Scott and no DJ means Warriors win for mine, though even with those 2 boys I would still probably say that the NZ boys would win

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Warriors for me. Tariq Simms loss is a very big one and the warriors, despite their loss to the dragons are a very good chance of winning the whole affair. Warriors by 10

mongoose

Coach
Game of the round imo, ofcourse 9 would never show it as it doesnt involve a sydney or brisbane team.

Warriors should get up here, cowboys have had a good year but they have some really bad defensive lapses. Thurston looks slow since he came back as well.

Big Pete

Referee
To be fair mongoose, I'd rather watch New Zealand vs. North Queensland live than on delay on a Friday night. Sunday's telecast was always going to be dedicated to Lockyer which is justifiable and even then before last week the contest itself was shaping up to be a MotY.

Thinly veiled obligated club defending aside this should be the match of the round and like a lot of matches this week I'll be supporting the team I'm tipping against. Warriors, at home with better form behind them should be too good here but I'd like to see the Cowboys win as I feel they're better than being the 7th best team over the 26 rounds.

Even if the Cowboys lose and miss out of the top 4 and go out 1st round I'm very impressed and happy with the quick turnaround the club had from rabble to finalists. Injuries hit every team and the Cowboys were no different they manage to ride the wave without too much damage to there finals campaign.

When JT was injuried everyone expected Cows to drop out the 8 but they managed to hang on and suprised a few people winning 3/5 without him something that would happened last year that's for sure.

I be going for the Warriors this year when the Cowboys get eliminated from the final series.

TheDMC

Bench
Even if the Cowboys lose and miss out of the top 4 and go out 1st round I'm very impressed and happy with the quick turnaround the club had from rabble to finalists.QUOTE]

Yep, they've done well and good luck for the finals, but not for tomorrow...

shiznit

Coach
Yeah the problem with that logic is the two lowest placed losers are eliminated - so if we are 6th, and lose, there's a chance 7 and 8 could lose - giving us another chance.
i would of thought after how the warriors went out last season it didnt really matter where you finished between 4-8.

and now with Manly being depleted... theres every chance 3 V 6 will be sudden death.

TheDMC

Bench
i would of thought after how the warriors went out last season it didnt really matter where you finished between 4-8.

and now with Manly being depleted... theres every chance 3 V 6 will be sudden death.

Except Newcastle don't have a hope, and despite Manly's weakening, it would still be quite an upset for either the Warriors/Cowboys beating Manly in Sydney. Less so for the Warriors of course.

TheDMC

Bench
F**k, writing an essay due tomorrow and all I can think of are Locke and Johnson carving up the cowboys...

Vic Mackey

Referee
Simms and Johnson should be too hard to cover

In saying that cowboys by 10...more hope then anything

Latest posts