What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R8 | Sun | Dragons 30-0 Eels | WIN Jubilee

R8: STG v PAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sandow is a waste of money for Parra, they should be spending thier cash on a new back row because the guys they have now stink.
Even Hindmarsh is only good for defence these days.

The current halves dont have much to work with on the edges, Sandow wont change that.

We sure do need a new back-row but more than anything we need a kicking game and a playmaking threat inside the 20. Sandow provides both of those.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Exactly.

Even Hornby would be a better Blues five-eighth than Soward.

Daley said Soward's defence won't keep him out of Origin. How do you miss 4 tackles (from 12 attempts) against the f**king Eels for f**ks sake?

We sure do need a new back-row but more than anything we need a kicking game and a playmaking threat inside the 20. Sandow provides both of those.

The irony that you're downplaying Sowards chances for origin based on defence, yet saying Sandow is what your team needs is delicious. Sandow has by far the worst defence in the league.

Soward has averaged less than 2 missed tackles per game all season, and quite a few has had zero missed to his name. The fact of the matter is, he has made the tackles when they are needed to be made. No tries this year have been scored by getting past him.

How many tries were scored through Soward today?

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The irony that you're downplaying Sowards chances for origin based on defence, yet saying Sandow is what your team needs is delicious. Sandow has by far the worst defence in the league.

We don't need him for his defence though; we need him for everything else.

I don't know if you noticed but defence isn't the only thing our team lacks right now.

Soward has averaged less than 2 missed tackles per game all season, and quite a few has had zero missed to his name.

Since he only averages less than 10 tackles per game that's still very poor.

The fact of the matter is, he has made the tackles when they are needed to be made. No tries this year have been scored by getting past him.

So you're saying he's lucky he plays in a good team? Then he won't do too well for the Blues will he?

How many tries were scored through Soward today?

About half his total try assists for the year. :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
fun fact: parra actually did not win the 2009 premiership.

so ha.

I know mate. For a couple of our guys that was their last chance to win a premiership and they were cheated. Never forget.

teamshot420-420x0.jpg

Mong

Post Whore
Exactly.

Even Hornby would be a better Blues five-eighth than Soward.

Daley said Soward's defence won't keep him out of Origin. How do you miss 4 tackles (from 12 attempts) against the f**king Eels for f**ks sake?

Where are you getting your stats from? The offical site notes one missed tackle.

2010Dragons

Bench
No mate we were just a lucky side and our luck ran out on grand final day, same as the Roosters.

Eels
2008 Missed finals
2009 Grand finalists
2010 Missed finals

Two shit sides jagging a grand finals appearance. It's becoming an annual event.

Eels
2008 Missed finals
2009 Grand finalists
2010 Missed finals
2011 Missed finals
2012 Missed finals
2013 Missed finals
2014 Missed finals
2015 Missed finals
2016 Missed finals
2017 Missed finals
2018 Missed finals
2019 Missed finals
2020 Missed finals

SDM

First Grade
I disagree, if you are stupid enough to argue with poupou you end up looking like a dunce.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Where are you getting your stats from? The offical site notes one missed tackle.

If 1 is the correct number, then I actually spotted it. He slowed the Parra player enough to finish him off at the second attempt.

Mong

Post Whore
If 1 is the correct number, then I actually spotted it. He slowed the Parra player enough to finish him off at the second attempt.

Yeah i saw that as well, was wondering at the time if that was officially a missed tackle or not

*edit* Fox fantasy has him down for missing two at the moment but they still have some updating to do.

SDM

First Grade
I thought Soward was good yesterday, couldn't fault any Saints players really. But there are plenty of great club players who suck at SOO and SOO greats who suck at being consistent in club footy.
No one knows until he gets a go, the rest is just morons jerking themselves off.

Latest posts