What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Origin 1 | Wed | NSW 10-18 QLD | Etihad

ORIGIN I WINNER: NSW or QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Maher

Immortal
Tate, Thurston, and Gallen were the three best players on the park. Myles getting the award was an absolute joke.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well obviously you have no idea what you're talking about because that was Luke Lewis, not Creagh

And only a blind man could watch that back and say Tate threw a punch.

Please make a gif of the punch for me

http://www.gifsoup.com/
Whether it was Lewis or Creagh (it was Lewis FTR) the point remains Tate throws a punch which is supposedly disguised as a "grapple". No need for it. And then Jennings comes in.

Whether it was Lewis or Creagh (it was Lewis FTR) the point remains Tate throws a punch which is supposedly disguised as a "grapple". No need for it. And then Jennings comes in.

He did not throw a punch, and the fact that you're unable to gif his punch tells the story. It happened only in your mind.

It really pisses me off when people are so bloody one-eyed that they actually have to lie about things like this.

Fair enough you watched it live like we all did and it looked like Tate threw one. But how can you watch the replay now, sober(hopefully) and not say "Oh, he didn't, I got that wrong"

Hutty1986

Immortal
Haven't had a rant about this yet.. might as well!

I was absolutely fuming (as all NSW fans were) when Inglis was awarded that "try."

But today, the beers have worn off & can admit that it's the dame old boneheaded mistakes that cost the Blues again. Why run in and throw a punch from 20m away? Why continually bomb to a winger as reliable as Tate? Conceding stupid penalties and not taking our chances. It's like it hasn't sunk in for some of our blokes; you just can't give f*cking chances to this Qld machine, they are ruthless and their execution is spot-on more often than not.

Now we go back to Sydney, regroup and hopefully stick solid with a potentially very good SOO side. We won't win a game, let alone a series any time in the foreseeable future if we don't do the 1%'ers, like the maroons do each and every game.

user_nat

Coach
Who changed the title to official 12, NSW 10-6 QLD? Lol

Someone very bitter.

Love how Queensland's second doesn't count because it came after a penalty. Guess what guys, NSW got more penalties but didn't have the slightest ability to score points from them because Carney sucked.

I was absolutely fuming (as all NSW fans were) when Inglis was awarded that "try."

But today, the beers have worn off & can admit that it's the dame old boneheaded mistakes that cost the Blues again. Why run in and throw a punch from 20m away? Why continually bomb to a winger as reliable as Tate? Conceding stupid penalties and not taking our chances. It's like it hasn't sunk in for some of our blokes; you just can't give f*cking chances to this Qld machine, they are ruthless and their execution is spot-on more often than not.

Now we go back to Sydney, regroup and hopefully stick solid with a potentially very good SOO side. We won't win a game, let alone a series any time in the foreseeable future if we don't do the 1%'ers, like the maroons do each and every game.

I haven't watched the replay yet but I remember being a bit confused at the time that the kick getting put up down that left side, because everytime QLD seem to come down with it, comfortably a lot of the times

I hold nothing against Jennings, it was Origin and it was on, I think his mistake was to leap in with the punch. If he ran over and threw a punch while stationary I believe he stays on the field.

What do you reckon? That's just my view. His entrance was too dramatic, I don't think the distance he came from was all that important

Cliffhanger

Coach

I agree, we still could have won if we were more creative when we had the ball in their 20. It was pretty obvious Tate wasn't going to drop any, yet we kept going for the same option.

He did. And I've got better things to do with my time than make a pointless gif.

But you have the time to sit here refreshing the page responding to me?

It's not that you have better things to do, it's that you're unable to gif Tate throwing a punch because it didn't happen. Grabbing somebody by the head is not a punch.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I haven't watched the replay yet but I remember being a bit confused at the time that the kick getting put up down that left side, because everytime QLD seem to come down with it, comfortably a lot of the times

I hold nothing against Jennings, it was Origin and it was on, I think his mistake was to leap in with the punch. If he ran over and threw a punch while stationary I believe he stays on the field.

What do you reckon? That's just my view. His entrance was too dramatic, I don't think the distance he came from was all that important
There's no doubt what Jennings did was stupid, but I still maintain it wasn't a sinbinnable offence. Penalty? Sure, but not a sinbin.

Bananabender

Juniors
I know it's pretty bad when a few of us Qlders are actually stating that NSW were definitely the better team and "that" try was not a try at all.
I guess cause my husband is from NSW and gets devasted each year...it's starting to rub off...the self-pity. Sure hope NSW can win next time though..it's getting a bit boring seeing us win each year.:?

Hutty1986

Immortal

It was idiotic mate, agree re. the dramatic entrance bit, he deadset flew in. Whether or not you sinbin a bloke in SOO for that though..I dunno!

Danish

Referee
None of them threw punches. :crazy:

Blues threw punches, didn't hurt QLD so they laughed it off. Seriously Pearce snots Thaiday right in the kisser and he just gives him a bemused look, kind of like if your little sister punched you. (I understand that this might confuse most welshmen since they would probably beat their little sister if she hit them)

If they choose to fight like a pack of AFL androtrops and just grab shirts that their own business.

They started the fight, then engaged in an all in brawl for 6 of them running in on one bloke. They deserved every punch they got.

There's no doubt what Jennings did was stupid, but I still maintain it wasn't a sinbinnable offence. Penalty? Sure, but not a sinbin.

Not even a penalty. Not Jennings or Pearce fault that they were more keen than QLD

If anything Jennings should have kicked himself, if that's a sin bin he might as well have thrown 10 more and done some real damage - make it count

If they choose to fight like a pack of AFL androtrops and just grab shirts that their own business.

They started the fight, then engaged in an all in brawl for 6 of them running in on one bloke. They deserved every punch they got.

That's right. If you're going to throw a ball at King Bird, swarm round him and try that intimidation shit then you better be ready to get punched in the face.

It's not NSW fault that QLD are full of bravado. Pearce and JEnnings were entitled to think it was on. Turns out it wasn't really on and the QLD swine were pretending to be tough-guys like usual :roll: