What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | WiL R16 | Fri | Broncos 26-12 Rabbitohs | Suncorp

Round 16 result: Broncos v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
The away supporters bay is sold out.

I know we have more than 2000 Queensland members

The Queensland division of the Rabbitoh Army will be out in full force this Friday.

Snappy

Coach
With bulk mexicans moving to sunny SEQ every week, all other NRL teams are well supported in Brisbane. A sold out away bay is nothing new. It's not that big.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Really looking forward to this game. Plenty of points in lol@souffs but Brisbane will be fired up after a few losses of late. I'll say Broncs at home by 6

BunniesMan

Immortal
Just realised this round has 3rd v 4th and 1st v 2nd. Hopefully we see some quality footy to make up for the crap that should be 15th v 16th.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
BM loves his "we are behind you on the ladder but we are still better then you" crap.

Broncs just lacked a bit of experience and direction last week against us but everywhere else was there. Defence was incredible espicially goal line. At home so alot will most likely go their way so broncs by 14

AnfieldIron

Juniors
This'll be a tough, close contest.

Those predicting a blow-out Broncos win will be disappointed.

I think it'll be Brisbane, but by maybe 2-4 points.

BunniesMan

Immortal
BM loves his "we are behind you on the ladder but we are still better then you" crap.

Broncs just lacked a bit of experience and direction last week against us but everywhere else was there. Defence was incredible espicially goal line. At home so alot will most likely go their way so broncs by 14
We're 3rd and 4th on equal points.

We're in better form.

I didn't say "we're better than you", I actually said Broncos are deserving favourites and likely winners. Just that it is not the David and Goliath mismatch some are making it out to be.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Might make an apperance to this one. Will either have an LOL$5(c)uff$ or see my most hated team lose.

Win/Win really

Vic Mackey

Referee
This broncos team doesnt beat many teams by more then a try or two. That doesn't mean they aren't a good team, just saying.

Brisbane by 7

blacklock

Juniors
if the bunnies dont concede too many penalties (which is a possibility given the volume / pressure that home crowd provides on the refs) then they will win but only just.

also i say hodges is a real danger man on the fringes. its amazing how he doesnt look to be traveling that fast, yet he covers a lot of space and slips through. that is when brisbane really cut through especially when they provide him with inside support.

Noa

First Grade
Should be a good game, looking forward to it.

Luke and Inglis should relish playing on a firm track, may be the difference.

Souths by 8

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Brisbane Broncos forward Ben Hannant has succumbed to a thigh strain and has pulled out of Friday night's NRL clash with South Sydney Rabbitohs.
But in good news both captain Sam Thaiday and lock forward Corey Parker have been passed fit to play in Petero Civoniceva's 300th NRL game.
Young forward Josh McGuire, who had originally been named to play lock, will move into the front row with Parker cleared to resume nine days after slicing open his leg in the second Origin game in Sydney last week.
LINK

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Hannant was in doubt on Monday, so Brisbane would have been training all week expecting the worst. He will be missed up front though. McG should fill the void and Dodds has been in great form.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Good news for us. Out of Hannant and Parker I'd much rather have Parker in their team. Parker is a good workhorse but Hannant scares me in a way Parker doesn't.

Hannant is the sort of forward who can really bend the line and get you on the backfoot.

Their pack is less scary without him.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Gonna miss the wedgie machine but Josh McGuire is an animal and can play 70+ minutes if needed.

Bretto

Bench
Hannant gets more meters than Parker, but Parker adds more starch defensively, and can get more second phase play with his offloads. No doubt Hannant will be missed, but it gives McGuire a chance to show what he's got again. 60 tackles (1 missed) and 14 hitups last week - I'm sure he can do much the same this week.