What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

124 points in 2 weeks - Elliott must go!

woodgers

Bench
He has nothing left to offer and no business here. As I have been saying for 3 f**king years he isn't getting anything out of those players. Get rid of him and his fat trainer. Put Snoopy and Furner in as caretakers, we can't possibly do worse than what we have dished up in 2 weeks.

I'm furious. Our jersey is being disgraced and we are the laughing stock of the league.

dubby

Bench
Dude, i have to agree. If we get spanked like this again next week, the board have to do something. Announce our new coach, for pete's sake to give the players some hope and direction too.
In the meantime, if we cop another pasting like this, then Elliot must go.
The players too must wake up and remember they have to play to the best of their abilities under all circumstances. They have shown no heart, no passion, and no commitment to the fans and the club itself. After supporting this team since 1986, i can never remember our club being humiliated like it has after been after the last two rounds of this season. Something must be done. Something has to be done, or we will become the new Souths.
I urge all you supporters to stick together and try and support this club, lets not fall into seperate groups creating division and anarchy, but LETS GET LOUD and make sure the admin know we are very unhappy!:evil:

nickraider

Juniors
I agree that Elliott should go, but what about the players. Do they have any pride in the jersey?! They were woeful :evil: Elliott will still pick the same side next week and once again we'll get flogged because we can only play for 40 minutes.

We'll struggle to get Bart Simpson as the next coach the way we're playing. Whose gunna want to coach a bunch of blokes that just give up.

always a raider

Juniors
John Lang will be happy to coach us, we all know he can turn rabble into rugby league players. A big F**k you to Elliot and Panthers management.

pantherz9103

First Grade
You'll probably perform alot better next week with Elliot looking to 'impress' his new club with his coaching.

Chachi

Bench
The funny thing is, if we signed Lang and asked Penrith if they wanted to swap coaches now they'd probably tell us to f*ck right off.

innsaneink

Referee
dubby said:
Dude, i have to agree. If we get spanked like this again next week, the board have to do something. Announce our new coach, for pete's sake to give the players some hope and direction too.
In the meantime, if we cop another pasting like this, then Elliot must go.
The players too must wake up and remember they have to play to the best of their abilities under all circumstances. They have shown no heart, no passion, and no commitment to the fans and the club itself. After supporting this team since 1986, i can never remember our club being humiliated like it has after been after the last two rounds of this season. Something must be done. Something has to be done, or we will become the new Souths.
I urge all you supporters to stick together and try and support this club, lets not fall into seperate groups creating division and anarchy, but LETS GET LOUD and make sure the admin know we are very unhappy!:evil:

Is there a new coach to announce yet?

Jono078

Referee
Isnt it 126? 70+56=126.

Either way pretty bad, gonna be hard to get a new coach aswell now.

cooba

Juniors
When I posted this"Elliot Must Go" last week no one actually commented, there were posts but nothing about this. We have never in all our history had scores such as this against us. It has to do with his decision to leave,he should be man enough to realise this and POQ along with Jenno-bring in Furns and Snoopy-although this losing seems endemic through the grades.As I said last week its the psychology of the situation.

legend

Coach
Agreed. I said at the time Elliott should go because there is no pressure on him to perform and he is already thinking about his recruitment duties with the Panthers.

To be honest, I'd be shocked if he made it through to next week.

In all the years I have followed the Raiders, it has never been this bleak and that's saying something.

azza

Juniors
legend said:
To be honest, I'd be shocked if he made it through to next week.

In all the years I have followed the Raiders, it has never been this bleak and that's saying something.

I wouldn't be shocked, and it's because I realise that Elliott isn't the only problem at the Raiders at the moment. Our management do not have the guts to make the move to cut him loose.

You know what's disappointing? I've finally reached the stage, after so many years of supporting the Raiders, where I simply don't feel anything when we lose. It use to be I'd go and sulk and not talk to anyone for the rest of the day. But not anymore. That, above else, worries me.

Edwahu

Bench
azza said:
I wouldn't be shocked, and it's because I realise that Elliott isn't the only problem at the Raiders at the moment. Our management do not have the guts to make the move to cut him loose.

You know what's disappointing? I've finally reached the stage, after so many years of supporting the Raiders, where I simply don't feel anything when we lose. It use to be I'd go and sulk and not talk to anyone for the rest of the day. But not anymore. That, above else, worries me.

Yeah, I feel exactly the same. When we lost in the past at least I felt like we were still developing in some way. Now its just nothing.

edabomb

First Grade
I got that feeling in 2001 Azza. TBH things changed the day Daley left, 2003 was a nice sidetrack, and I was really following the team big time again. Then 2004 came and it was a struggle to watch us play with such a boring, ineffective style.

I used to seriously think about whether to stay home and watch the Raiders or go out when we played on Saturday nights, now its always go out.

woodgers

Bench
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
I got that feeling in 2001 Azza. TBH things changed the day Daley left, 2003 was a nice sidetrack, and I was really following the team big time again. Then 2004 came and it was a struggle to watch us play with such a boring, ineffective style.

I used to seriously think about whether to stay home and watch the Raiders or go out when we played on Saturday nights, now its always go out.

Far out Ed. You are defending that moron in Elliott in most threads then you come out with this. Who else other than the coach is responsible for the style we play? He plays that style because he doesn't know anything else, he thinks it is still 1976 or something. And to think that the Raiders of the 90's revolutionilised attacking footy in RL. It is a sad, sad day for this club. I hope Hawkins and Furner are at the bottom of a bottle somewhere thinking about what they have allowed this place to be. I'm shattered tonight, not the result vs the Roosters but the plight of our club in general. Beaten in all 3 grades is only a blip on the radar.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Look for Elliot to make more changes this week... Something along the lines of:
8.Raston
17.Lomu
19. Zillman

BIG CHANGES COMING UP!

edabomb

First Grade
woodgers said:
Far out Ed. You are defending that moron in Elliott in most threads then you come out with this. Who else other than the coach is responsible for the style we play? He plays that style because he doesn't know anything else, he thinks it is still 1976 or something. And to think that the Raiders of the 90's revolutionilised attacking footy in RL. It is a sad, sad day for this club. I hope Hawkins and Furner are at the bottom of a bottle somewhere thinking about what they have allowed this place to be. I'm shattered tonight, not the result vs the Roosters but the plight of our club in general. Beaten in all 3 grades is only a blip on the radar.

I'm just saying in the other threads we have to make the players accountable also. I don't think I've seen >5 posts criticising the players, they're all about the coach. His gameplan worked fine for 60 minutes, then he became the worst coach in the history of the world from what I'm reading here.

I like to think I'm objective. Elliott does have us playing a boring style, but realistically theres not many other styles we have the talent to make work. Half our starting backline have trouble catching the ball and running at the same time (Howell, Purtell, Mogg).

Above all I blame management. They have not changed anything since they took over, our recruitment has actually declined. Get rid of that Micky Mouse group and Elliott in one go and we'll all be happy IMO.

legend

Coach
I had that felling last year and Sydraider begged me to go to the game with him today but the passion is gone for me. I still follow the team but when they aren't putting in, the coach isn't putting in and management don't give a f**k, how can they expect the fans to cop this sort of crap on a weekly basis?

I can't part with my hard earned on a team that has no respect in the jersey, for themselves and ultimately the fans. When they start putting in again, then so will I.

woodgers

Bench
Marc Herbert [CNTDN] said:
I'm just saying in the other threads we have to make the players accountable also. I don't think I've seen >5 posts criticising the players, they're all about the coach. His gameplan worked fine for 60 minutes, then he became the worst coach in the history of the world from what I'm reading here.

Your damn right the players are accountable. I have had a massive swing at them as well in the past 2 weeks. It isn't even the kids that are playing the worst but blokes like Croker, Withers, Jason Smith and a few others.

I like to think I'm objective. Elliott does have us playing a boring style, but realistically theres not many other styles we have the talent to make work. Half our starting backline have trouble catching the ball and running at the same time (Howell, Purtell, Mogg).

If they can't catch or run then only one person can put guys in there who can. Narrowing this person down is easier than playing 'Guess Who' i'll assure you.

Above all I blame management. They have not changed anything since they took over, our recruitment has actually declined. Get rid of that Micky Mouse group and Elliott in one go and we'll all be happy IMO.[/
quote]

We are on the same page there mate. The management have basically kept their positions due to both giving a good report at the end of the financial year and the boys club that has developed. I say that if we have football brains in at management and get the team where it rightfully belongs, at the top of the ladder (in all grades if possible but definitely 1st grade) then the figures will take care of themselves. Above all I agree that the players, coach and management have taken this club to its lowest point.

Latest posts