What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12th Match, Group A: Australia v Sri Lanka at The Oval Jun 17, 2013

TheParraboy

Staff member
Right,

Come the 17th (Monday) we could already be out of the tournament. So we need other games to go our way. Worst scenario would be poms beat SL tonight, then NZ beat poms on Sunday, then we are no hope of making the semis.

SL beating poms tonight, and NZ beating the poms and us beating SL, means the poms are out :D

TheParraboy

Staff member
raining in the poms v NZ game
ideally we want nz to beat the poms

if points are shared or poms win, we will have to get there via a better net R/R (ie big win over SL)

Horrie Is God

First Grade
So what is the best strategy,bat first & try & get a sqillion & bowl them out for nothin'..or the opposite??..

Timbo

Staff member
I want us to bomb out, then have Watson, Starc and co. join the 'A' side for its final match against Gloucestershire for some more Ashes practice.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I want us to bomb out, then have Watson, Starc and co. join the 'A' side for its final match against Gloucestershire for some more Ashes practice.

I think that's a given

I just hope Clarke can have an outing or two before the first test

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I reckon we should play our B team for this game. Give Maxwell, Johnson, Faulkner, Hughes, Marsh, Voges a run. Oh wait.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Super Mitchy opens the attack..

1st ball smashed over point for 4..

2nd ball dragged down leg for 4..

3rd ball gets Perrera plumb LBW..

The enigma..

Sri Lanka 1/9 after 1 over..

Last edited:

Horrie Is God

First Grade
Us
SR Watson, MS Wade, PJ Hughes, GJ Bailey, AC Voges, GJ Maxwell, MR Marsh, JP Faulkner, MG Johnson, CJ McKay, XJ Doherty

Them
MDKJ Perera,TM Dilshan,KC Sangakkara†,DPMD Jayawardene, LD Chandimal, AD Mathews*, HDRL Thirimanne, KMDN Kulasekara, HMRKB Herath, RMS Eranga, SL Malinga

Jason Maher

Immortal
Sri Lanka's RR is shit, which helps a bit, but how many overs are we going to have to reach the total in to qualify? 20? 30?

Jason Maher

Immortal
Doing a quick calculation, we need to score ~250 in ~27 overs. Time for the Big Show to show us what he's made of?

Exact calculation: 254 runs in 29.1 overs.

Last edited:

Latest posts