What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | Origin II | Wed 26 Jun | QLD 26-6 NSW | Suncorp

Origin II: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nemesis

Bench
Guess I shouldn't expect souffs fans to understand the finer points of the game. After all Nathan Merritt is the bestest coz he scored the most tries in 2006 or something.
In top 5 try scorers '06, '09, '11 & '13 (to date)... NRL leading try scorer '06 & '11... Since rejoining Souths in 2006 has scored 110 tries. No other NRL player comes close, dungskull.

Alsmug

Juniors
Perhaps he can be forgiven for his stupid comments, in this instance.
Perhaps we can , the blues to get up with plenty of go forward ,we have them covered if we play up the middle, and perhaps we can forgive those that feel they need to be busy bodies lol

Hutty1986

Immortal
I think the Blues can make some history tonight and seal the series. It will take a monumental effort & I'm hoping we won't get reffed out of it, but I reckon we can get home by a try. Dugan FTS, Gallen MOM.

Thurston & Inglis to be a massive danger pair all night but the NSW forwards to be too strong.

And f*ck I hope Merritt doesn't cost us the game.

Shorty

Staff member
I have to 'troll' and say I notice the term 'making history' lol is this supposed to be a good thing? They're only 'making history' because they've lost for so long.

Danish

Referee
I'm sure the yanks were trying that same line on when Bondy and the boys were skulling beer out of the America's cup.

It was hollow then, and its hollow now

jargan83

Coach
I would love to see NSW win it in their backyard but I think Qld will square the series.

Putting that very in depth pre-game prediction aside, GO NSW!!

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I predict something along the lines of the 2nd game Suncorp blitz we saw in 2006 and 2008 when QLD were 1 game down with the series on the line, and subsequently dismantled the Blues.

Cronk FTS with some sparkling support play around the middle, before the game opens up and QLD begin to score at will down either side. Blues to be held scoreless or to a late consolation try.

Someone

Bench
i can see QLD outplaying NSW on the edges and them winning 30-6.

If NSW manage to win, it could be our single greatest victory in origin history to date. We are up against it imo.

timka4

Bench
QLD have picked a weaker team.
- McQueen starting?
- Papalii and DCE on debut.
- Papalli is a good player but is being overrated massively (at the moment, should have big future though)
- DCE has no real role
- Te'o has been average to solid in origin nothing more.

- Merrit is a worry for me, I'm hoping he steps up because he is defending on QLD's dangerous edge, would have much preferred throwing B. Morris on the right (where he has played for Aus).
- J. Reynolds involvement could be crucial, implemented at the wrong time and it could spell doom for us. Might not even be used again imo.

NSW by 8 again, we are hungry, and we have the better backrow and bench (will will make the difference)

Scotty03

Juniors
Out of curiosity, whats the ruling if a brawl broke out at halftime? (on field)?

So the siren goes, everyone knows the biz and they get into it. Is it still a penalty/sin bin?

Food for thought.

Card Shark

Immortal
I predict something along the lines of the 2nd game Suncorp blitz we saw in 2006 and 2008 when QLD were 1 game down with the series on the line, and subsequently dismantled the Blues.

Cronk FTS with some sparkling support play around the middle, before the game opens up and QLD begin to score at will down either side. Blues to be held scoreless or to a late consolation try.

Will be different this year.

That's was 7 & 5 years ago.

BranVan3000

Coach
QLD have picked a weaker team.
- McQueen starting?
- Papalii and DCE on debut.
- Papalli is a good player but is being overrated massively (at the moment, should have big future though)
- DCE has no real role
- Te'o has been average to solid in origin nothing more.

- Merrit is a worry for me, I'm hoping he steps up because he is defending on QLD's dangerous edge, would have much preferred throwing B. Morris on the right (where he has played for Aus).
- J. Reynolds involvement could be crucial, implemented at the wrong time and it could spell doom for us. Might not even be used again imo.

NSW by 8 again, we are hungry, and we have the better backrow and bench (will will make the difference)

That would have been logical from Daley. Put Morris boys together and let Merritt play on the side he does at Souths, marking up on the more manageable Tate

ceagle

Bench
BNqTlE6CIAMoymF.jpg:large

Queenslander!!

Meapro Ham

Juniors
NSW $2.75 now with TAB. Geez that's a long price when you consider how dominant they were in the first game. Qld deserve to be favourites but not by that much. Definitely worth putting a lazy fitty on the blues at that price.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Predicting a Gommersall-like performance from the refs tonight, after 3 weeks of non-stop whinging from QLD.

NSW to overcome 20 -10

Shorty

Staff member
NSW $2.75 now with TAB. Geez that's a long price when you consider how dominant they were in the first game. Qld deserve to be favourites but not by that much. Definitely worth putting a lazy fitty on the blues at that price.

With the way nsw fans have been going you'd expect Queensland to be 10.00 long odds.

redvscotty

First Grade
It's all up in the air now until the final whistle.

Want the Blues to win and win well but it's anyones game for the taking.

Up the Blues!

Latest posts