What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R17 | Sun | Rabbitohs 30-13 Warriors | NIB, Perth

Round 17: Rabbitohs v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swarzey

Bench
Warriors are a real chance. They're playing excellent footy and their win over the Roosters does convince they're more than capable of an upset.

Warriors 6+

Nemesis

Bench
the Warriors are the obvious choice to play in Perth for an Australian club. they have a HUGE amount of expat support in perth.

Warriors vs Manly in Perth last season...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjjeYkSUec

Plenty of Warriors support there...
Naturally... 'cause Perth is only a short 5,346 km hike from Auckland, it's a logical second home for lost sheep shaggers. :sarcasm:

Souths have played a home game in Perth for the last 5 years and built a large supporter & membership base there. It's South's home game, not Warrior's... there'll be far more cardinal & myrtle than black & white in the stands I'm afraid.

shiznit

Coach
Naturally... 'cause Perth is only a short 5,346 km hike from Auckland, it's a logical second home for lost sheep shaggers. :sarcasm:

Souths have played a home game in Perth for the last 5 years and built a large supporter & membership base there. It's South's home game, not Warrior's... there'll be far more cardinal & myrtle than black & white in the stands I'm afraid.

WTF??

Perth has a decent expat kiwi contingent. And the expats always seem to come out when the warriors are playing well.

Don't take it as a given that souths will out number the warriors.

The Warriors often outnumber the broncos in Brisbane and the Titans on the Gold Coast

vvvrulz

Coach
The Warriors in this sort of form will be the strongest side the Bunnies have faced in a while, and they only just got past us last time.

I'm liking the Warriors to win it, but it will be close.

Nemesis

Bench
WTF??

Perth has a decent expat kiwi contingent. And the expats always seem to come out when the warriors are playing well.

Don't take it as a given that souths will out number the warriors.

The Warriors often outnumber the broncos in Brisbane and the Titans on the Gold Coast
No offence, but I think there are still more Aussies there than Kiwis.... Perth wasn't in NZ last time I looked and Souths have been far better at marketing their brand there than the warriors. We will easily outnumber you.

Nemesis

Bench
The Warriors in this sort of form will be the strongest side the Bunnies have faced in a while, and they only just got past us last time.

I'm liking the Warriors to win it, but it will be close.
In case you haven't noticed, Souths are in great form and are in first place for a reason.... not that the warriors will be a push over, but since the last time we played, Souths have gone up a gear or two as well.

It may be close again, but we will be too strong.... Souths by 10

shiznit

Coach
No offence, but I think there are still more Aussies there than Kiwis.... Perth wasn't in NZ last time I looked and Souths have been far better at marketing their brand there than the warriors. We will easily outnumber you.

Lol.... Yet the Warriors fans outnumbered Manly fans in Perth last season... And they routinely do it in Brisbane against the broncos.

I'm not saying they will definitely outnumber souths... But Perth has a pretty large expat kiwi population.

The Western Force have seen that themselves when they play the nz sides.

I guess we will have to wait and see....

Nemesis

Bench
lol Manly fans... a rare species hardly ever seen outside the peninsula,
rarely venture beyond the spit bridge and are practically extinct elsewhere.

shiznit

Coach
For sure... Manly are known for being terrible travellers....

But that's an attendance of 20,095 which was by all accounts pro warriors...

Considering that NIB stadium has a capacity of 20,500 I reckon it may not be cut and dried that its going to be dominated by souths fans.

And I also reckon Souths know this... Which is why they picked the Warriors to take over... A great move by souths IMO.

shiznit

Coach
Big difference between playing Manly and Souths. We have many more fans over there.

Something also to remember is that the last 2 seasons the Souths v Brisbane games in Perth have been around 15,000 each year...

The Warriors vs Manly(who we all recognise as having poor traveling fans) in Perth was 20,000.

I'm not in Perth but I have family there... And they all say there's a decent lot of expats there.

Maybe one of our Perth members can give us an insight...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Warriors to get a 10-0 lead early on only for the ref to blow the pea out until its 12-10. Then it's anyones game