What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R5 | Mon | Storm 26-12 Tigers | AAMI

Round 5: Storm v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was at the game tonight & there was a light side. When Blair got penalised for holding the tackled players leg the storm crowd were yelling out to have him sent off & they called him a grub. I yelled back "he f**king learnt it at melbourne!" No one argued with me.

thorson1987

Coach
I was at the game tonight & there was a light side. When Blair got penalised for holding the tackled players leg the storm crowd were yelling out to have him sent off & they called him a grub. I yelled back "he f**king learnt it at melbourne!" No one argued with me.

He was only penalised on reputation. There was nothing in it.

gronkathon

First Grade
The Bromwich stuff was pretty bad tonight.

Second efforts whe a WT player landed on their stomachs either to cup the hand over the nose and mouth or dig the point of his elbow into the brain stem/top of spine.

Norrie cocking the elbow on hitups as well

The Bromwich stuff was pretty bad tonight.

Second efforts whe a WT player landed on their stomachs either to cup the hand over the nose and mouth or dig the point of his elbow into the brain stem/top of spine.

Norrie cocking the elbow on hitups as well

Leave it out...every team is doing that sort of stuff.

IMO the only reason Wests Tigers stayed in this game was because of their holding down in the tackle and the weak refs did nothing to stamp it out off the back of a ridiculous penalty count against them.

gronkathon

First Grade
Well I would disagree that every team that that sort of stuff. But that is the same circular argument that has been happening for years.

Anyway, I thought Waqa was awesome in his return and debutant Kenny Bromwich looks a keeper.

Fonua dropped a couple balls but he tried his heart out and madea crucial break at the end.

Farrah shouldve lead by example when Storm hit the front but he was too busy trying to get knocked out by Slater.

The same billy slater who kicked John Skandalis in the head and then ran the length of the field and cowered behind his own players to avoid a retaliatory swipe. I love slater for his playing feats, unlike most opposition fans, but he's a coward and a grub.

Canard

Immortal
The same billy slater who kicked John Skandalis in the head and then ran the length of the field and cowered behind his own players to avoid a retaliatory swipe. I love slater for his playing feats, unlike most opposition fans, but he's a coward and a grub.

Slater certainly has a grubby side thats for sure.

But seriously Skando compared to Farah? Behave.

Anyone of sane mind would avoid trying to take on Skando, as for Farah "he don't weigh more than a buck 'o 5"

Lambretta

First Grade
Last night we had two teams with two different agendas and it made for an enthralling contest

The Tigers were 100% flat out busting themselves stupid to prove to people that they shouldn't be written off, whilst the Storm had an eye on next week and were taking this one lighter than perhaps they should have.

The Tigers fighting spirit kept them in the game whilst their attempts to slow Melbourne down meant they were always going to be on the arse end of a lop sided penalty count. In the end - this was always going to hurt them and probably wasn't the best tactic.

Had a few other 50 / 50 calls gone the Tigers way (and they copped the rough end of a few) they could have put a bigger scare into the Storm. But and I mean this with all respect to the Tigers, this result was only going to go one way.

The Storm just needed to keep their composure and the Tigers were always going to run out of energy in the back end. Once the Tigers started getting tired the Storm just ran through them.

Had the Tigers scored more points earlier, I just the feeling the Storm would have kicked up a gear sooner.

Next week will see a different Storm outfit than the one that played last night. They will be tighter, more agressive and hungrier to rip into Souths.

Souths on the other hand will be a far tougher test than the Storm and I'm tipping the Bunnies to get the lollies. I can't bloody wait.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
not complaining, just pointing out the tigers plan of sleeping in the ruck was obvious, but not good enough

ive never seen a slower ruck

It was obvious that our plan was to slow down the ruck. Many of the penalties were warranted, but not 14 of them.

And you see a slower ruck in most Storm matches, they are the kings of the grubby play the ball, c'mon.