What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | QF4 | Samoa 4-22 Fiji | Warrington

Quarter Final 4: Samoa v Fiji

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

natheel

Coach
Their defence was equally as good in the first half against England. They rely on a few players (Uate, Kiropete) in attack a little too much though.

They have a couple forwards there from the bench who don't run it as hard as the sims or Bukuya so the likes of koriobete and Uate are great to have coming in and taking hard work away from the forwards. Allows the forwards to have a bit more energy in defence.

Semi has done alright at second row

Api Koroisau is a good player.

Springs

First Grade
Well done Fiji! Deserved semi finalists. Petero gets to end his career (barring an upset) against Australia at Wembley.
Well done boys!
They aren't quite big 4 status, but they're getting there. Can't wait for 2017 already.

NrlCoach

Juniors
Thing is I don't think the NRL would have ruled it a shoulder charge. Because according to the NRL definition it isn't.

He uses the arms when he does it, problem is he tends to hit people high with his chest because of how tall and wide he is.

Then again the NRL are weird anyway because they tended to let Masoe hit people in the face lmao
NRL refs are merkins. They think any big hit where there is no arms wrapped around the ball carrier = shoulder charge. Seen couple of penalties for shoulder charge this year that wont :lol:

Springs

First Grade
NRL refs are merkins. They think any big hit where there is no arms wrapped around the ball carrier = shoulder charge. Seen couple of penalties for shoulder charge this year that wont :lol:

Just a couple? Nearly one a game more like it.

natheel

Coach
Good game. Thought Fiji were quite conservative. That game could trouble Australia but I think kangaroos will win by about 20 points. Hope Fiji put up a good fight

dragonsrule10

Juniors
I had a question with the ruling where the video ref overruled when the ball was knocked into touch with about 10 minutes to go. He ruled that Fiji didn't play at it but I thought the rule was if you were attempting a tackle you were playing at the ball?

deluded pom?

Coach
I had a question with the ruling where the video ref overruled when the ball was knocked into touch with about 10 minutes to go. He ruled that Fiji didn't play at it but I thought the rule was if you were attempting a tackle you were playing at the ball?

For me the VR got it right but it's just another grey rule where you could argue a decision either way could be given. I just hope they have enough satellite dishes in Fiji this time around.

NrlCoach

Juniors
thats the NRL rule not the international rule. did they change the international rule like NRL couple years ago?