What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13 wins - already our most successful season since 2002

coolumsharkie

Referee
I was going to post a thread similar, not that we can be happy with just that achievement but it does prove Sticky's value to our club from that stat alone. Not to mention the players signed for next year. Developing some backs through our 20's squad is the next big hurdle, if we can produce some Inu or Folou type players, we could be in for some great times ahead with this club.

newman

First Grade
Yep. f**king Oath.
I was also going to post a similar thread.

I think its a magnificent achievement to do as well as we have and we as supporters should sit up, take notice and provide credit where it is due.

In all honesty, we have a backline that is merely a bunch of honest toilers who would struggle for a start in nearly all of the other NRL squads. Regardless, we are on as many wins as teams with star studded outfits and sh*tloads more money. Our depth is also severely limited which is a fact supported by the ladder positions of our lower grades. With very, very sparse resources Ricky has managed to find a formula that is not only successful but has put us in a reasonable position to make a tilt at the title.

There is a long way to go, but all things considered, this season has been fantastic and every single one of us should personally thank Ricky Stuart, Tony Zappia and the players for making this club something we can be proud of again.

spider

Coach
this season has been fantastic and every single one of us should personally thank Ricky Stuart, Tony Zappia and the players for making this club something we can be proud of again.
topping up the retainer newms?

its a pretty fair effort i reckon.

with the backs weve got, and the much maligned gnome (who, i will admit at times has been pretty good)

the fowards have been outstanding.

sticky has done one hell of a job. he's signed up for a while yeah?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yep. f**king Oath.
I was also going to post a similar thread.

I think its a magnificent achievement to do as well as we have and we as supporters should sit up, take notice and provide credit where it is due.

In all honesty, we have a backline that is merely a bunch of honest toilers who would struggle for a start in nearly all of the other NRL squads. Regardless, we are on as many wins as teams with star studded outfits and sh*tloads more money. Our depth is also severely limited which is a fact supported by the ladder positions of our lower grades. With very, very sparse resources Ricky has managed to find a formula that is not only successful but has put us in a reasonable position to make a tilt at the title.

There is a long way to go, but all things considered, this season has been fantastic and every single one of us should personally thank Ricky Stuart, Tony Zappia and the players for making this club something we can be proud of again.
Near enough is good enough.

I want to thank Ricky for his decision not to sign Kimmorley.

newman

First Grade
topping up the retainer newms?

Er. I dont quite understand that.

Im serious though, I think too many of us are used to being critical. We should enjoy our time in the sun.

newman

First Grade
Let me temper my above fluffiness with the following.

I STILL WANT A FREAKING TITLE.

cityshark

Juniors
Yep Noddy has been good the last few games , but Im glad he is going as I think this is about the best he will ever get. Its been a hard year of wins tho , nothing easy this season and loosing at home to the tigers and panthers was very dishartening. How impotrant are those early wins now ? Very .

spider

Coach
Er. I dont quite understand that.
was reference to the fluff regarding rick and zappia

We should enjoy our time in the sun.
i dislike the cold - i want to enjoy the sun in the first week of october

but i do credit stuart for turning the team around since his arrival

but the issue on scoring points......

wolverine

Juniors
They are just doing what it takes to win! Someone mentioned it about the Dragons game, they are winning the games even when they play crap. That is an awesome thing to do be able to do

coolumsharkie

Referee
Compared to where we were only a few years ago it's a pretty good effort.

As Sharks fans we are never going to be satisfied until we win one of course. At least we don't have to worry about turmoil within the running of the club. We can concentrate squarly on the team itself these days.

sharks8601

Juniors
Compared to where we were only a few years ago it's a pretty good effort.

As Sharks fans we are never going to be satisfied until we win one of course. At least we don't have to worry about turmoil within the running of the club. We can concentrate squarly on the team itself these days.

very true. the club is heading in a very good direction
zapps if doing a great job

Quigs

Immortal
I just hope we stay on that even keel.

It's been a good hard year.... a grinding year.

But we are at the right end of the ladder this time, and with I hope, a very bright future.

If only for a couple of game breaking speed of light backs.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Latest posts