What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | Women in League R10 | Mon | Storm 10-10* Sea Eagles | AAMI

Round 10: Storm v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Storm look extremely flat, no energy, no speed, no aggression. Smith looks exhausted, Slater seems injured, Cronk is kicking all over the place. Great news for NSW too.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Tappy sang a song about Hondo Grattan..

[youtube]ZObSZ6obNjs[/youtube]

Go,go,go you little beauty..

Considering I grew up around harness racing, and the Turnbull's trained and drove my family's horses, I dunno how I've never come across that before. Will have to ask my old man if he's heard it.

clipser

Juniors
what the eff, keeps quoting the pic

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
I'd like you to point out the rule that says that.

I'll give you a starting point.

If you could point out where a halfback is mentioned there, I'd be ever so grateful.

Fail skeepe. The rule clearly says both front rows need to be interlocked before the second rows join. How is that in any way applicable to the modern NRL interpretation allowing the clock to be stopped by one team forming a scrum formation on their own?

skeepe

Immortal

And nothing that you have provided mentions what is required for time off to be blown, as this is simply the scrum formation in action. Next please.

First of all, derp for the attempted images.

Secondly, here is the relevant section for time off.

2013 NRL LAWS AND INTERPRETATIONS

If a team is properly formed and ready to contest a scrum the head referee will call time off.

clipser

Juniors
Well i cant edit that derp cause the derp image stays. The ref blew time off as the siren blew, and then called half time when there was no half to pack the scrum. where is the rule that states they cant do that? gee

tz17

Juniors
2013 NRL LAWS AND INTERPRETATIONS
The 2013 Telstra Premiership season will be adjudicated in accordance with the current
‘NRL Laws of the Game International Level and Notes on the Laws’ (February 2013).
Law InternationalGame
Laws
NRLInterpretations – Telstra
PremiershipCompetition
Scrum:
Time Off
No time off
Section12 - The Scrum
If a team is properly formed and ready to
contest a scrum the head referee will call
time off.

No half to feed the scrum means their unable to contest the scrum. Ref realised after being reminded by the manly players. 100% right to call half time.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Well skeepe got it right on the second attempt. Which kind of leaves the door open. Is a team "properly formed" and "ready to contest" if there is no halfback present? Also does the rest of that section include anything about blowing time back on if the formation is broken?

no name

Coach
Fail skeepe. The rule clearly says both front rows need to be interlocked before the second rows join. How is that in any way applicable to the modern NRL interpretation allowing the clock to be stopped by one team forming a scrum formation on their own?

Wtf are you on about? It doesn't say anything about both front rows interlocking before the 2nd row can join. It says your own teams front row has to bind before your own 2nd row can join.