What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // 4N Wk 1 // Sat 5pm // ENG 32-26 SAM // Suncorp

4 Nations Game 1: England v Samoa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Samoa can be nothing but happy about that. They played some great ad lib footy and this team is something you could really build upon.

Billythekid

First Grade
Samoa put in a hell of a game Take out tge worst halves pairing ever, replace them with literally anyone else and they win that game.

They don't even have to be decent just not god awful like that pair. Good effort but i can't help but feel like it says more about England than Samoa.

flamin

Juniors
What a game.

If Samoa remain competitive throughout this tournament hopefully it'll inspire a few players to stick with the team - and the RLIF to organise competitions of decent profile for them to play in.

Diesel

Referee
Really enjoyed that game, and to the wankers in the media that say international RL is dead I give you a FU

mxlegend99

Referee
Which fullback was worse? Tomkins who refused to try contesting bombs, or Simona who jad a crack but sucked?

Tomkins is a deadset liability at fullback. Needs to move to the halves. He has good playmaking skills and his quick off the mark and light on his feet running game would remove his biggest flaw as a player and allow him to play to his strengths still.

mxlegend99

Referee
Really enjoyed that game, and to the wankers in the media that say international RL is dead I give you a FU
Agreed. I was cheering on Samoa as passionately as I cheer on my Panthers, NSW and Australia. A few dud calls and the worst halves ever were all that stood between them and an epic win.

Simona wasn't bad apart from that one blunder that led to the Tomkins try.
Especially considering he is usually a centre.

Diesel

Referee
Did England play any warm up games? They did look underdone and it was also a really warm day here too, even at KO at 4:15pm

Harrigan

Juniors
Did England play any warm up games? They did look underdone and it was also a really warm day here too, even at KO at 4:15pm

Nope, just straight off the plane 10 days ago into a climate that they arent used to in the middle of a mini heat wave. England will get a hell of a lot better. Remember this time last year they lost to Italy. 2 weeks later they gave the Aussies a good game in Cardiff. They are notoriously slow starters in Internationals, especially when they play the minor nations.

Packy

Bench
Also - and I am sure it has been said in here already. Ben Roberts is King & Queen plod. Holy shit his efforts were beyond bad today.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Also - and I am sure it has been said in here already. Ben Roberts is King & Queen plod. Holy shit his efforts were beyond bad today.

The problem with the smaller islander nations i find is that they never have any regular first grade halves. They usually have a great forwards and backs but the spine is where they fall short.