What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // Origin II // Wed 18 // NSW 6-4 QLD // ANZ

Origin II: Blues or Maroons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My two cents...Queensland lost this game with a brainfart strategy of niggle and nothing more.

You would think better of a team of champions to play the game hard and fast as opposed to niggle and cheap shots and they lost it on this basis.

Myles, Hodges and Thurston lost the plot and NSW held their composure which is normally the opposite in these games.

As for Hopoate in game 3...probably not. He looked out of place and Tupou is questionable as well although defensively he was strong.

Canard

Immortal
My two cents...Queensland lost this game with a brainfart strategy of niggle and nothing more.

You would think better of a team of champions to play the game hard and fast as opposed to niggle and cheap shots and they lost it on this basis.

Myles, Hodges and Thurston lost the plot and NSW held their composure which is normally the opposite in these games.

As for Hopoate in game 3...probably not. He looked out of place and Tupou is questionable as well although defensively he was strong.

Niggle was most definitely both ways. If not more so from NSW.

Hoopa played injured from the first minutes, he may be out for weeks.

What game did you watch?

nomis88

Juniors
Suck it up you grubby QLD maggots. Thurston and Hodges are nothing but grubs. Meninga is a whinger who can go back to looking after murderers now, Inglis can go back to assisting people who mysteriously end up with black eyes, Tate can go into deserved oblivion as he is an overrated merkin who wears a ridiculous neckguard each time he attempts to play.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hoppa was injured in his first hit up, great effort to play the whole game. He was hardly attacked all night shows the QLD halves just weren't thinking. At least NSW attacked the edge where Tate would have been when he went off. It was an old fashioned bash em up derby, hopefully in game III they throw the footy around and put on a show.

kbw

Bench
NSW were terrific in defense last night, but god they were so bad in attack. At the stadium, high up you can get a good view of whats going on.
NSW had absolutely no structure in attack and Cameron Smith and Hodges were offside all the time.

DO I hear QLD fans whinging about everything, sure do, but then when your captain is the biggest whinger and dirtiest player in the game, what do you expect

Dragon2010

First Grade
NSW were terrific in defense last night, but god they were so bad in attack. At the stadium, high up you can get a good view of whats going on.
NSW had absolutely no structure in attack and Cameron Smith and Hodges were offside all the time.

DO I hear QLD fans whinging about everything, sure do, but then when your captain is the biggest whinger and dirtiest player in the game, what do you expect

Hard to spark attack when Bird and other hog the ball and NSW don't shift it out wide. Alas, we won so not complaining.

Frailty

First Grade
Hard to spark attack when Bird and other hog the ball and NSW don't shift it out wide. Alas, we won so not complaining.

Actually NSW did shift it wide, but it would always end up with Hoffman on the left side or, in the second half, Lewis on the right.

They played like Cronulla in attack - shift to the back rowers, ignore the outside backs.

Hayne was being closely marked by QLD, thats why he didn't have the same impact.

GongPanther

Referee

I will review the game again and I'll take particular attention to the Qld defensive line.

I stated in an earlier post that the Qlders where regularly jumping the gun in the ruck.

And who will forget that great battle in this game was the fierce gamesmanship between Hodges and Jennings?

Brilliant stuff...they'll meet again in the third game and I hope Hodges doesn't retire too soon,I want more.

Frailty

First Grade
I reckon the Gallen motm was awarded for him giving his all for the last 8 or 9 series, not just tonight. I too thought Hoffman was the best player out there tonight, and I certainly think that NSW lose easily if Farah didn't play. His contribution to the team was enormous tonight.

Nothing to do with over 200m he ran, all down the centre of the field.
Or over 30 tackles as well..

Hoffman played well, but lets me honest. He was on the fringe in the attacking half. Gallen did the hard yards.

Phil Gould summed it up when he said NSW played dumb during the game. Instead of the ball going to a playmaker, too many times Bird, Gallen and to a lesser extent Scott came in and hogged the ball. I mean when you are attacking the Qld line, how many times did one of those guys die with the ball?

Gallen and Bird ran the ball well but they stifled the attack at times by injecting themselves when the ball should have been going to Reynolds, Hodkinson or Hayne. When it finally did, any wonder Hodkinson scored.

Also Robbie Farah over played his hand a bit too much in my opinion. Too many times he went himself instead of feeding Reynolds, Hodkinson or Hayne.

Props to Dugan for not being a defensive liability against Inglis like I feared. Didn't do much otherwise. In fact the ball went down his side of the field in attack too much - Jennings and Tupou may as well have had a lie down they saw so little ball.

Joker's Wild

Coach
309541-james-tamou.jpg

You might want to google what that 'Aotearoa' in the middle of his jersey means... I can tell you it doesn't mean 'Wagawaga'

Pfft Aussie Jim is as Australian as Pavlova, Lamingtons and Russell Crowe

Nice Beaver

First Grade
F*ck me there is a lot a whinging here about all the things NSW did wrong last night.

Guess what? They won so whatever happened last night was obviously better than what they have served up the previous 8 years.

Some people are never satisfied. I don't give a shit if they all sat in the middle of the field and ate dog shit sandwiches - they won and that's all I care about.

Cammo

Bench
F*ck me there is a lot a whinging here about all the things NSW did wrong last night.

Guess what? They won so whatever happened last night was obviously better than what they have served up the previous 8 years.

Some people are never satisfied. I don't give a shit if they all sat in the middle of the field and ate dog shit sandwiches - they won and that's all I care about.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Couldn't agree more

ggmu

Juniors

Been thinking the same thing lol to me Qld could have run from dummy half every single play and kick 1 field goal for a 1-0 win and I'd be happy. Nsw should be celebrating the series win right now not having a go at certain individuals performaces.

The Chello

Juniors
A win is a win. Ugly, niggly affair but the arm wrestle was good to watch. Honestly, thought that NSW did not have patience to win it that way but they did. Qld helped in the 2nd half, everytime NSW made an error, Qld followed not long after.

Thought Hoffmann was good, especially in first half where most of our forwards looked stifled. Gallen gave his all. Woods played better in the 2nd half when he came on, did the right thing by challenging the Qld pack.

Reynolds' attack was very ordinary, running sideways, it looked like the other NSW players had no clue what he was doing. However, he obviously got under the skin of the Qld players evident with that altercation with JT. Cringed when he took the tap, love his enthusiasm but not the right play at that time.
Part of me with all the niggle was to let them have a stoush and get over with it and continue with the game. It led to a grubby game from both sides.
Tate is such a brave warrior but so unlucky with his injuries. Love to hate him as he is the angriest player in the game but got to love his desire and passion for whatever side he plays for....
Hodkinson was composed at the right time which turned out the difference. Thought the two wingers did well, Dugan was good in defence, not much ball in good attacking positions.
Gould and Johns were right in the stifled attack inside the 20 with Bird, Gallen and also Farah but maybe their anxiety overcame their composure. They've been on the end of a losing series for sooo long, forgive them....
3rd game will be interesting, wonder who backs up the better, tend to think Qld will win this one. Wouldn't surprise if it is a high scoring affair...
If ever the video ref could have stepped in it was the kick off which appeared to brush Woods' jersey. At least they could have had a look but, you know, stiff shit, ref decisions go wrong, games are won and lost but that is the beauty of the game.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
NSW needs to be carpet bombed, seriously. How can you f**kwits put up with our best product being tainted with that shit.

Awww its OK princess. Why don't you and insert.penis take this weekend away together? You can spend some quality time spooning and crying about all of the injustices bestowed upon your morally upstanding and righteous Qld brothers :D:D

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Actually NSW did shift it wide, but it would always end up with Hoffman on the left side or, in the second half, Lewis on the right.

They played like Cronulla in attack - shift to the back rowers, ignore the outside backs.

Hayne was being closely marked by QLD, thats why he didn't have the same impact.

He didn't have the same impact because QLD were back like 3 metres all game instead off 10 and also because Bird,Gallen,Watmough,Farah and Reynolds were a disgrace in attack.