What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // Origin II // Wed 18 // NSW 6-4 QLD // ANZ

Origin II: Blues or Maroons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Niggle was most definitely both ways. If not more so from NSW.

Hoopa played injured from the first minutes, he may be out for weeks.

What game did you watch?

More so from NSW ?...don't think so mate.

Myles was pretty verbal the whole game and Thurston led the way along with Hodges.

You would expect better from those wise heads..

Dutchy

Immortal
Hollowest Origin win ever

Had to score refs helped them enough, nice pay packet for the refs at the end of this game

Touched him, but they won't recall it, cheat refs again

f**king cheats

Hollowest cheating scum of a victory.

I should have known, after watching game one and the way the refs were helping them, I should have known they would be directed again in game 2 to guarantee they must let nsw win this match, it's a shame really nsw can't win on their own

Hollow victory I'm sure Nsw will take whatever they can get.

Well that is the series, well done nsw, you ruined SOO with the worse game of football ever with the constant niggling and grubby tactics

Worst origin ever, pathetic negative grubby play by nsw all game, and yet f**king Hayne gives them 9 penalties, Hayne was pathetic and should have sent blues players off for the shit he let them get away with.

I thought it was the other way round Reynolds head butted him

I love have NSW fans have absolutely no self awareness, NSW are the kings of grubs.
Their was dirty play all game.

It was going to happen eventually, well done NSW to out gritting Queensland.

NSW needs to be carpet bombed, seriously. How can you f**kwits put up with our best product being tainted with that shit.

Aaron Woods is a f**king liar.

Karma will get you, you f**king merkin.

Refs sucking NSW dicks. I'm still bemused that decision wasn't reversed when the ball touched the Blues jersey....lol
Qld didn't deserve to win, too many errors.
Dave Taylor...lol
thank f**k thats over

In the space of 10 mins ^^
Plus a lot more :lol:

Thanks for the read.

beave

Coach
Woods def got a touch to the ball and should have been considered playing at the ball, but f**king whatever, you win some you lose some. Im more pissed Smith kicked the ball so f**king deep, there was no need to dice with death like that. QLD imploded for mine, we had a good run and it was enjoyable, time for the boys to re-group and reset their clock and realise what they're playing for, i get the impression a little complacency had kicked in which is only natural considering the run we had.

Cheers NSW fans, enjoy the series win.

Charlie124

First Grade
Honestly i think this loss will do us a lot of good (not that im happy about it, but theres a silver lining). Too much has been made of the whole dynasty and coming up with these cringe worthy catch phrases "magnificent seven", "8 straight" etc. over the years. I dont believe we've become complacent necessarily, but nothing renews your focus and reminds you that you can be beaten quite like finally getting beaten.

Next year there wont be weeks and weeks of talk about keeping the streak going or an air of expectation that "this magical team of champions" will notch up another one. Instead we have an actual job to do in winning this thing back (potentially after a clean sweep).

Kiwi

First Grade
I must admit it was pretty good to some serious passion from the blues and especially Hayne during and after the game. Please please bring that to every game from now on. After some reflection what a game.

The Chello

Juniors
It's really interesting reading some of the posts. You actually start to think if they ever watched the game.
The niggle was big but on both sides, definitely. With a team like Scott, Gallen, Bird, Watmough, Reynolds who are masters of the niggle. Qld have their fair share with Myles, Hodges, Smith (oh holier than thou). To say one side it more than the other is debatable to say the least.
Very surprised about JT at the end yet no one seems to mention the grubby act by Gillett pushing his fist into Reynolds face. Gillett doesn't resort to that with the Broncos why does he start in SOO?
JT and the Qlders showed some class at the end in the way they shook hands and various comments to the NSW players. They are a class side and deserve all the accolades for their streak.
Reynolds does have an apt nickname in 'Grubby' lol.
Who gives a shit if Woods said he didn't touch it, I thought it was really a tongue in cheek remark, who cares anyway? The kickoff was a stupid one anyway.
No Qld did have their chances, they were the better side for most of the game yet allowed NSW to hang in there with their inability to hold onto the ball and apply some pressure in that 2nd half. Losing Scott has been underestimated as he was going great guns before he went off. NSW defended well and had a self belief in their defence which has not been evident until last few years.
Can blame Shayne Hayne all you like, thought he handled the last altercation ok. The refs really failed in the wrestle and ruck area being so slow and the lack of 10m stifled the game into an arm wrestle.
As I've previously posted, a punch up early would have actually calmed things down and reduced the players resorting to niggling to get square and concentrate on playing football.

Latest posts