What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // PF1 // Fri // Rabbitohs 32-22 Roosters // ANZ

Grand Finalist #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-sou-main.png

1. Greg Inglis 2. Alex Johnston 3. Dylan Walker 4. Kirisome Auva'a 5. Lote Tuqiri
6. Luke Keary 7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess 9. Issac Luke 10. David Tyrrell 11. Kyle Turner 12. John Sutton 13. Sam Burgess

14. Jason Clark 15. Ben Te'o 16. Chris McQueen 17. Thomas Burgess
18. Ben Lowe 19. Luke Burgess 20. Bryson Goodwin

2014teams-syd-main.png

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Michael Jennings 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Sam Moa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Sonny Bill Williams 13. Aidan Guerra

14. Mitchell Aubusson 15. Frank Paul Nuuausala 16. Isaac Liu 17. Dylan Napa
18. Remi Casty

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall, Brett Suttor
Video Referees: Ashley Klein, Luke Patten

Holden Cup Under 20's Preliminary Final - Curtain Raiser
FRI 5:15PM | Broncos v Dragons @ ANZ Stadium​

Last edited:

ram raid

Bench
Coin toss for mine. If the Roosters can stop the Bunnies forwards, Pearce and Maloney should be able to control the game. If the Bunnies pack get on top I'd expect Souths to win.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Expecting a big game from Sammy Burgess. He knows it could be his last game and will pull all the stops to get a win, especially over the Roosters and SBW.

BranVan3000

Coach
Both full strength. Both halfbacks hitting form at the right time of year. It will really come down to which pack wins out

Can't believe Rabbitohs are favourites

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Easts are capable of some lovely football, but their capacity to clock off for large sections of a game has become entrenched.

The truth is they were incredibly fortunate to come away with the win on Friday, and can't expect to receive that kind of luck again.

Also, winning back to back premierships has proven to be impossible for over twenty years now. History is against them.

Souths to win.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Coin toss for mine. If the Roosters can stop the Bunnies forwards, Pearce and Maloney should be able to control the game. If the Bunnies pack get on top I'd expect Souths to win.

Te'o will be back he's a strong addition. Sutton will be in the back row obviously so that's 2 forwards we didn't have in round 26 and add Reynolds who we missed.

I think Reynolds and Keary have as much ability to turn the game around as Pearce and Maloney. Reynolds kicking game will be a big key.

If either teams forwards are struggling both halves have the ability to swing the momentum.

I am confident Keary's creativity could be the difference. He also takes some pressure off Reynolds which is a major benefit.

RWB

Bench
Rabbitohs forwards will need to do a better job than they did in Rd26 if they want to be any chance, they got man handled for the majority of the game & the Roosters pack will be stronger this time round with Jake Friend back to play off any good go forward.

Everyone's said it and I'll just repeat it, it'll come down to which side wins the forward battle.

BranVan3000

Coach
Rabbitohs forwards will need to do a better job than they did in Rd26 if they want to be any chance, they got man handled for the majority of the game & the Roosters pack will be stronger this time round with Jake Friend back to play off any good go forward.

Everyone's said it and I'll just repeat it, it'll come down to which side wins the forward battle.

Having Teo back will be a big help

Bumble

First Grade
Already nervous and we've still got five days. I've no idea how the perpetually successful teams handle this.

I am giving us little to no hope. But will never in my life be happier to be wrong if we win.

And yeah, can't believe we're favourites tbh.

dice

Juniors
If Roosters get 50% possession in a high-intensity game they win. Souths big forwards will be calling for oxygen masks.

GongPanther

Referee
Easily Souths.

To me they've been the most consistent team all year that have been playing the best football.

Roosters will be shot by 1/2 time and by fulltime will ask themselves why they actually turned up.

Mini to SBW "what were you doing here tonight?"

SBW "I looked at the TV guide and it said we were playing,so I thought I'd better turn up"

Swarzey

Bench
This game could very well test the leaderships within South Sydney. If the Roosters come flying out of the gate like last week, I don't see Souths coming back unless the Roosters capitulate. They simply don't have a leader like the Cowboys do to get them back into the game or at least I don't believe they do.

However, I think Souths will manage to keep it close and edge them out.

BunniesMan

Immortal
In 2013 we got the week off but couldn't take advantage. Hopefully the experience of that will make us better this time.

I think our best is better than theirs, and that should be especially true considering we'll be well rested. But none of that guarantees we won't choke.

Cautiously optimistic we can make it 3rd time lucky.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If GI turns up souffs have got dis. If he's daydreaming about his speedboat then the rooters will win.

rabbitohs95

Bench
This game could very well test the leaderships within South Sydney. If the Roosters come flying out of the gate like last week, I don't see Souths coming back unless the Roosters capitulate. They simply don't have a leader like the Cowboys do to get them back into the game or at least I don't believe they do.

You have a point about a true leader, but the good thing about this is that we have a whole bunch of leaders that while aren't up to JT's level of expertise or experience, are great in leading the team around collectively.

Inglis, Sutton, Reynolds, Sam Burgess and Issac Luke are what i'm talking about. They've all been playing within the team for at least 3 years together and are extremely familiar with each other. By now they should be used to the big stage and that showed against Manly last week.

Bumble

First Grade

I agree with you in the sense that we don't have a Thurstonesque figure to keep us composed - the only thing giving me hope is that when we last met, Sutton was in the halves and Ben Te'o wasn't playing. That won't be the case this week.