What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // QF1 // Sat // Roosters 18-19 Panthers // Allianz

Qualifying Final 2: Roosters v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-syd-main.png

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Michael Jennings 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Mitchell Aubusson 10. Sam Moa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Sonny Bill Williams 13. Isaac Liu

14. Jackson Hastings 15. Remi Casty 16. Dylan Napa 17. Kane Evans
18. Heath L'Estrange

2014teams-pen-alt2.png

1. Matt Moylan 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Jamal Idris 5. Dallin Watene Zelezniak
6. William Smith 7. Jamie Soward
8. Sam McKendry 9. James Segeyaro 10. Brent Kite 11. Sika Manu 12. Matt Robinson 13. Nigel Plum

14. Lewis Brown 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Ben Murdoch-Masila 17. Sam Anderson
18. David Simmons

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees: Jared Maxwell, Henry Perenara
Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh, Michael Wise
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Holden Cup Under 20's Finals Curtain Raisers
SAT 1:00PM | Knights 1 v 4 Dragons @ Allianz Stadium
SAT 3:15PM | Roosters 6 v 7 Warriors @ Allianz Stadium​

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
This match will be fascinating. I have a feeling the Panthers kids will be up for their clubs first final in a long time. But still hard to imagine the Roosters dropping this one. Should be a good game, Easts to win narrowly.

maple_69

Bench
You'd think after most commentators, dopey punter and media personality alike, have signed off their tip against Penrith with "they've been great but surely this will be the week they fall in a heap", for the last 6 weeks, it wouldn't keep happening.

18-6 is my tip.

TheFrog

Coach
Roosters with a couple of suspensions I believe....Guerra, they'll certainly miss his mongrel..and Dylan Napa, a big boofheaded prop forward. Maybe this means SBW will have to do a bit of the heavy work? If big Jamal lets him that is. And Jake Friend is still crook too I believe.

Of course the Panthers are depleted too but our depletions happened some time ago and we've managed to cover them. And we get Latimore back for this match, and Kite played his best game for us just this very evening. I think the Roosters are vulnerable in this match, unless the Judiciary decide to go soft on them, but did you see that chicken wing? He was doing his level best to injure the poor bloke, surely he has to be rubbed out.

If the Roosters think they just have to turn up, as they did on a Sunday in October 2003, they have another thing coming.

MaxPower

Juniors
Had a laugh when i heard Cleary comment about the players the Roosters will be missing next week. "They'll probably just bring in a couple more rep players."

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, this is not a foregone conclusion. Penrith will play well like they always do. Should we play our best and hold the ball we will win but if not Penrith are very capable of an upset.

soc123_au

Staff member
If we can frustrate the Roosters with minimal errors & force them into a few we will be right in this. The tricky part will be breaking open their defence. We will need to be at our absoloute best, but we are a chance.

GongPanther

Referee
Moments in our defense out wide against the Warriors which will be picked up by the wide running SBW and co.

We stifle their 2nd phase play and rush them in the kicking game will go a long way in determining this game.

The biggest hurdle we have to overcome is the drought in the final 20-30 minutes of our inability in scoring points.

We are about as dry as dessicated coconut when it comes to tries in that period in most games this season.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
If we can frustrate the Roosters with minimal errors & force them into a few we will be right in this. The tricky part will be breaking open their defence. We will need to be at our absoloute best, but we are a chance.

That's why the scrum try we scored was good. Things like that we need if we are to win

maple_69

Bench
Seg always seems good for a freak try. Chuck one in from a kick and a nice Soward/Moylan movement and we're in the game.

GongPanther

Referee
Well,it's a David V Goliath underdog game.

The Panthers are not in the 4 for no reason.

If Easts take them lightly,which they won't,they'll get their pants pulled down.

The pressure will be on Easts to perform and are a side that if they are unsettled,can perform erratically.