What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // QF1 // Sat // Roosters 18-19 Panthers // Allianz

Qualifying Final 2: Roosters v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soc123_au

Staff member
Maybe he will be the first Frenchman to be embarrased in an NRL finals game. Whatever happens Albert will no doubt start a thread about it.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I just can't see us losing to a tea with Will Smith in the halves. He's f**king awful.

I know you've got injuries, and as a result he's about your 4th choice 5/8, but nonetheless he's a real week link.

It's a credit to Soward (and Moylan) that he's carried him so well.

abpanther

Staff member
Just booked my tickets

So is there a shuttle bus from Central or what's the best way to get there from the station?

TheFrog

Coach
Just booked my tickets

So is there a shuttle bus from Central or what's the best way to get there from the station?

Similar length walk as Penrith Park to the station but quite some hill. It's usually quicker to walk back to Central down the hill than brave the crowds to get a bus after the game.

There's trackwork on they are saying. You should allow for that.

soc123_au

Staff member
I just can't see us losing to a tea with Will Smith in the halves. He's f**king awful.

I know you've got injuries, and as a result he's about your 4th choice 5/8, but nonetheless he's a real week link.

Friend being out evens that up to some degree. Aubusson is a quality player, but a big step down from Friend in the 9, Hastings was pretty scratchy (to be expected) against the Bunnies.

maple_69

Bench
He's not even too much of a weakness. Pretty solid in defence just doesn't add much in attack. It would be handy for him to step up but wouldn't count on it. At least we have a settled side and a manageable 6 day turnaround compared to our last clash.

BuddPanther

Juniors

Sounds to me you are now looking for reasons ( more hope ) that our team picked might fail.
I really don't think you have a clue to the capabilities of this team. Forget the last time you played us, means nothing!

Just booked my tickets

Stuff the shuttle, adpanther. Come into the Aurora for a couple before tackling the hill, then a couple more at the Bat & Ball before you get to the ground.

Even without Friend the Roosters are still a 20-30 point better team than Penrith. I have no doubt that Penrith will try their hardest but the Roosters just have too much class 1-17.

We beat them 32-12 and last year we beat them 30-6 and 42-6 so why am I being delusional. Penrith are a good team but the Roosters would have to play very poorly for Penrith to win, in such an important game I can't see that happening.

Danish

Referee
No team is 20-30 points better than the Panthers. Have they copped a single flogging all year?

In saying that I am very confident of a win. The injury toll for the panthers has never stopped them executing their game plan throughout the season but its these sorts of games where the top players shine and too many of the the panthers stars are on the sidelines.

If we do win though I expect Penrith to make it to the prelim

ACTPanthers

Bench
We beat them 32-12 and last year we beat them 30-6 and 42-6 so why am I being delusional. Penrith are a good team but the Roosters would have to play very poorly for Penrith to win, in such an important game I can't see that happening.

Pretty sure the same shit was trotted out in 2003.... Just saying.... :)