What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R11 // Sun // Raiders 42-12 Cowboys // GIO

Round 11: Raiders v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm happy for Cornish to keep playing off the bench for now until he gets used to first grade. It's a big step up for a halfback.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He's one of those first blokes at training last to leave types. Runs around like a headless chicken on the field and it's mistaken for effort. He has played rep footy and always gets wraps it's a mystery.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I only watched the 2nd half and the Raiders looked like donkeys in attack,no idea how they scored 42,Shillington getting in the way and kicking like a mong,Mcrone running into his own players,forward passes

They will get smashed against a full strength team if they play like this again

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's one of those first blokes at training last to leave types. Runs around like a headless chicken on the field and it's mistaken for effort. He has played rep footy and always gets wraps it's a mystery.
Yep he has a bad case of the Kurt Gidley's.

Raider Azz

Bench
McCrone is the world's biggest numpty, no idea how he gets so many wraps. I had a theory that nobody watches our games and so one day one journalist has decided McCrone was good and everyone else has just jumped on the bandwagon because they've never actually seen him play.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
well that sucked. Was always going to be a tough ask though. Schoolboy errors and just lack of punch up the middle just didn't get us rolling.

Im guessing Campese's one good game to remind the raiders fans of better days is out of the way now and will limp back into his hole.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Tried to watch, heard Hadley changed channel.

Disgusting what RL fans have to deal with.

nick87

Coach
Im guessing Campese's one good game to remind the raiders fans of better days is out of the way now and will limp back into his hole.

Pretty much how im treating it
the real story of the day was Cornish showing some serious signs of a good footballer

Pete Cash

Post Whore
His touches looked great but the cowboys were beat when he came on but he looked really classy. If Stuart can pull off some of the signings he is after I'm feeling ok about next year. I think if we can add some quality to the spine like tedesco and an old hand like Ennis it will be such a huge improvement. Get big Paul Vaughan starting and playing as many minutes as possible. That lad has future nsw player written all over him imo (im very biased :lol:)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Get big Paul Vaughan starting and playing as many minutes as possible. That lad has future nsw player written all over him imo (im very biased :lol:)

How good is he? You realise how ordinary our forwards are playing when he comes on and starts plouging up-field.

Cartman

Juniors
Will Ray Warren realise that both our wingers are not named Reece Robinson?

Sorry for the self quote, but Rabs wasn't there to make the call. At least we got Hadley and I heard 'wing three quarter' called so that is worth the price of admission on its own. :lol:

We managed to beat an understrength Cowboys side that has a poor record in Canberra. :crazy:

Campo actually ran the ball and Cornish in limited minutes went ok. A win is a win, so I will take it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
How good is he? You realise how ordinary our forwards are playing when he comes on and starts plouging up-field.

Yeah he is in a class of his own at the Raiders. Shillo is alright at chewing up the metres but Vaughan has amazing leg drive. Tilse is obviously a cheapy but White has been horrendous tbh.

Charlie124

First Grade
And the annual Cowboys slide begins again.

Annual slide? We won 6 in a row to finish last year you imbecile.

Missing our playmaker, best centre and starting front row on top of the two injuries from last week it was always gonna be a tough ask. Hoped we could snatch a win but this result was always on the cards. I'm not slitting my wrists over losing these games.

nick87

Coach
Yeah, this doesn't mean much for the raiders other than they are resembling something of a FG football side again

the cowboys were down a lot of troops and we were largely untouched. Any FG team worth a pinch of shit should have smashed the Cowboys and we did. Nothing to worry about for the Cowboys, totally different side with Scott, Tamou and Thurston in the side

Still its something the raiders needed to do. They had this weeks cowboys team on a plate talent wise and needed to play like it, they did, which is a big step up from what we've dished up the last 3 weeks

bileduct

Coach
I think Campese said it best after the game.

"f**k man, see how f**kin easy it f**kin is when we f**kin hold f**kin onto the f**kin ball, yeah f**kin?"

Latest posts