What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R12 // Fri // Panthers 38-12 Eels // Sportingbet

Round 12: Panthers v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-pen-main.png

1. Matt Moylan 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Jamal Idris 5. David Simmons
6. Jamie Soward 7. Peter Wallace
8. Sam McKendry 9. James Segeyaro 10. Brent Kite 11. Sika Manu 12. Elijah Taylor 13. Adam Docker

14. Tim Grant 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Tyrone Peachey 17. Lewis Brown
18. Matt Robinson

2014teams-par-alt.png

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Semi Radradra 3. William Hopoate 4. Ryan Morgan 5. Ken Sio
6. Corey Norman 7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah 9. Nathan Peats 10. Darcy Lussick 11. David Gower 12. Manu Ma'u 13. Joseph Paulo

14. Pauli Pauli 15. Peni Terepo 16. Junior Paulo 17. Mitchell Allgood
18. Lee Mossop

2014ref-pink.jpg

Head Referee: Matt Cecchin
Assistant Referee: Gavin Morris

Sideline Officials: Paul Holland, Brett Suttor
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Henry Perenara

VB NSW Cup Round 12
SAT 3:00PM | Wests Tigers (WST) v Wentworthville Magpies (PAR) @ Campbelltown Sports Stadium
SUN 4:00PM | Illawarra Cutters (SGI) v Penrith Panthers (PEN) @ Collegians Sports Complex, Figtree

Holden Cup Round 12
FRI 5:30PM | Panthers v Eels @ Sportingbet Stadium​

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
I'm saving my tip for after Origin to see what state Hayne will be in.

Me thinks he'll be O.K. with the way pro footballers handle themselves.

And besides,he is a fullback and it's not like he will get worn out like the forwards tend to do.

For the game itself,Panthers in a very dour contest which could go either way,but to hold on by a 4 point margin.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Parramatta are about the most dangerous attacking side around, but their defence is ordinary. Bit like Panthers '03. If they are half that good they'll win here. But I suspect the Panthers will shut them down at home before a huge crowd.

Nealo 12

Bench
Hayne will just tire if the game is tight and goes into extra time , Pennies hopefully won't let it get to that!

natheel

Coach
unless there is injury Hayne will most likely play. We can outscore Penrith but our holding dragons to nil will boost our guys. Both teams off the bye feeling fresh. Big crowd at penrith no doubt a big eels contingent will be there.

Our defence hasn't been terrible in the majority of the season. Only 2 games we have really leaked points. 1 to the Roosters in round 2 and 2nd to Cowboys at 1300 after cowboys complained about the refs the week before. Both games were only blown out in the second half.

2nd Best attacking team v 2nd best defensive team

i'm quietly confident about this one

Eels only just

Last edited:

MrAnonymous

Bench
I think will win, not by much but we should get the job done at home.
Looking forward to it, finally a decent live Friday night game in QLD.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I saw on Twitter this is the 89th clash between the two clubs and the first time ever that both were in the top four.

Blues Riff

Bench
It's good to see the westies doing well. Unfortunately I see the Eels winning this one, with or without Hayne. I predict a high scoring affair.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I am genuinely worried about this game - We got toweled up at the beginning of the season by this newly invigorated Eels squad and I can honestly see it happening again - My heart wants Panthers to take the 2 points but my head tells me it's a slim chance