What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R13 // Sat // Titans 14-36 Panthers // Cbus Super

Round 13: Titans v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're exactly half way through the regular season, people are way too precious about who is leading the comp.

The Titans had their time now it's the Panthers.

Titans were leading after 5 rounds , it's a much bigger achievement to be leading at halfway.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The top spot is nice. The goal at the start of the season is to make the 8, top 4 would be great. We're in with a fair chance of that, being a title contender would be a dream and may not be out of the question but unlikely because we don't have the superstars of other teams and are still in the process of gelling. I don't think Panther fans have their head in the clouds or are unrealistic. 2015-16 was when we expect to really give it a shake. Who knows though?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I've said a few times that if the Warriors aren't there I'd be happy to see Cleary pick up the win. A genuine good guy of the comp.

Having said that I just don't see this year being their year and I think when the crunch games come they nay find themselves a step behind. As Cleary sides often do, they find ways to hang in games when things aren't going well but don't always put sides away when they should. Finals games will be close, whether they have that ability outside of a couple key individuals to pull the big play out when needed remains to be seen.

As for going into 1st place at the halfway point, WTF? Do people want them to apologise? Ride the wave while it lasts. I'm sure both players and fans are aware of how quickly it can turn if they slack off thinking their job is done.

soc123_au

Staff member
I am just wrapped to be riding the wave. The goal at the start of the year was top eight. Nothing has changed. Any more than that is a bonus.

BuddPanther

Juniors
For all those doubting the Panthers top spot and calling on them to perform against the so called better teams, just who are these better teams? If they were so much better than the Panthers wouldn't they be sitting on top at Round 13?

Puntastic

Juniors
For what it's worth, I don't currently view us as genuine title contenders. Yet. That doesn't mean we're pretenders either.

This is the most complete Penrith side we've seen in years.

We've got a lot of good things going for us. We've also got a lot to work on. Again still, there's a lot we've yet to be properly (and regularly) tested on.

We haven't reached our potential either.

2014 is already a big year for the Panthers. I'm extremely proud of where we are sitting.

I'll judge our status as contenders at the end of round 26. Until then, I'll enjoy the fact that things are looking promising at the foot of the mountains.

If we are complete pretenders, I'd ask why your club isn't leading the comp instead? It's far to early for us to get carried away, but it's equally ridiculous to criticise our position and players. They've worked hard and deserve their current position as much as any other club.

Looking forward to next week.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
For all those doubting the Panthers top spot and calling on them to perform against the so called better teams, just who are these better teams? If they were so much better than the Panthers wouldn't they be sitting on top at Round 13?

Don't go confusing the Panther haters with sound logic.

Their DNA will pick it up and double the intelligence in their offspring and as a consequence, they'll get to count to double figures.

TheFrog

Coach

We've had a very friendly draw with 5 matches against the current bottom 3 and only 5 against the top 8. No-one knew how teams would go when the draw was made, and you can only perform against the teams you are drawn to play.

Teams we play once only this year are currently running 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 12 (at the start of this round). So it's a good draw, no doubt about it.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The whole "why isn't your team leading" argument is completely illogical and you're all smart enough to know why. Panthers deserve to be at the top, it's there for all to see. They can't do anymore than win the games they play.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well its one thing to say Panthers don't deserve to lead, but if we don't who does?

We beat Dogs fair and square.
We beat Titans while leading the comp, and again tonight.
We lost to Storm by 1point, with a fair try called back for a supposed forward pass and a missed penalty goal at full time to win it... I'm our best game.
We beat Knights and raiders twice, easily.
Beat Eels easily.

I'm not convinced we are going to win it. But they deserve to be where they are. Would be outright leaders if we had luck early on. But we are hitting form now and winning comfortably. Can't ask for more

Jason Maher

Immortal
Repeatedly going out of your way to be realistic generally is.

Not looking forward to playing Penriff next week. On form, and without Merrin and possibly TheDugan, you lot will lap us.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Repeatedly going out of your way to be realistic generally is.

Not looking forward to playing Penriff next week. On form, and without Merrin and possibly TheDugan, you lot will lap us.

It's not even being realistic, it's having an opinion

GongPanther

Referee
The standout moment from this game was when the GC scored that soft try.

The Panther death-riding commentators including Gary "Panther hater for life" Belcher were fapping on about how tired the Panthers looked.

A few years ago,we probably would have conceded the game from that point.

But not THIS current Panthers side.

Latest posts