What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R16 // Fri // Sea Eagles 24-16 Roosters // Brookvale

Round 16: Sea Eagles v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Except we lose the vast majority of penalty counts despite "paying the refs"

Understand?

Oh, and I was referring to Hayne in particular, not "Refs". You lost the penalty count 11-2 last game - who were the refs :shock:

And the most ill-disciplined side in the NRL jags a 5-2 penalty count in the GF last year with your man in charge. Who'd have thought......

Last edited:

BCH

Juniors
And the most ill-disciplined side in the NRL jags a 5-2 penalty count in the GF last year with your man in charge. Who'd have thought......

It real terms the penalty count was 5 -3 if you include the penalty try. Hardly what'd I'd call an overwhelming leg up.

BCH

Juniors
Oh, and I was referring to Hayne in particular, not "Refs". You lost the penalty count 11-2 last game - who were the refs though..

And, we had Hayne earlier this year against the Broncos
with a count of 10 - 3 against. So yeah, we've got him on side....

Tommy Smith

Referee
I love how we finally win a penalty count, albeit in a GF, by a small margin; and yet it must be dodgy because we normally lose them by 4-8 pens.

Teams think it's a right to slam us in the penalties. Probably think it's their only hope. I mean 11-2 and still only won by 1 try to nil!

Manly never mention the first try from a blatant obstruction in the GF of course, which isn't surprising.

Danish

Referee
I see that Toovey and the rest of the whinging merkins from up north are having a good ol' sooky la la about wanting the refs to protect them from big bad Hargraves...

the sooking from the northern beaches knows no bounds, rivaled only by derplanders for its idiocy.

Dutchy

Immortal
My god it's not even game day yet and Roosters fans are carrying on about penalty counts.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Easts fans just responding to Nice Beaver's insane logic.

Think Roosters can win tomoz. Us by 4

Nothing insane about the fact the Rooster's perform better under Hayne than any other ref and that he is the only current ref (who has reffed a decent number of games) to come even close to awarding as many penalties as he's given against them.

The average appears to be about 7 for/10 against. Hayne is dead even.

It was a joke about him being in your hip pocket, but you are delusional if you think he aint the ref of choice for the chookies.

Anyway, cracker of a game coming up. Can't wait for it, easily the best club game of the year at the moment.

Manly by 8.

effnic

Bench
f**king relax everyone. Whinge about penalties after the game. I am so pumped, haven't been this excited about a game since finals last year. Lets hope a good fair game.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Firstly, just because you support a team that has its roots in Canberra does not necessarily f**king mean you live in that city. Secondly, the game is not played in the entirety of that region, it is played at a ground. Brookvale is a toilet. That is not a knock on Manly, the region or the club. It's a knock on the ground.

Next.

Yep. I shocked a Manly fan at work when I described Brookvale as "a hole". Compared to most NRL grounds it is. If it wasn't, the Manly board wouldn't be looking for Government money to have it refurbished now would they?

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I think this will be a tougher contest than people assume but Manly at home, too good.

:x WTF?

Its 1st v 3rd, a GF replay (possible preview) and widely regarded as club game of the year.

Who doesn't think it will be tough contest???? :lol:

Another pearl.

--Storm--

Juniors
I just heard on the radio DCE apparently said he doesn't rate Pearce or Maloney, unusual to say such stuff before a game haha.