What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R6 // Mon // Storm 28-24 Dragons // AAMI Park

Round 6: Storm v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-mel-main.png

1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Justin O'Neill 5. Young Tonumaipea
6. Ben Hampton 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Kenneath Bromwich 15. Tohu Harris 16. Mitch Garbutt 17. Tim Glasby

2014teams-sgi-alt.png

1. Josh Dugan 2. Brett Morris 3. Dylan Farrell 4. Gerard Beale 5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop 7. Michael Witt
8. Jack Stockwell 9. Mitch Rein 10. Dan Hunt 11. Joel Thompson 12. Ben Creagh 13. Trent Merrin

14. Bronson Harrison 15. Kyle Stanley 16. Michael Cooper 17. Leeson Ah Mau
18. Adam Quinlan 20. Josh Ailaomai

2014ref-yell.jpg

Head Referee: Matt Cecchin
Assistant Referee: Grant Atkins

Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall, Adam Reid
Video Referees: Henry Perenara, Steve Folkes

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 7
SAT 5:30PM | Northern Pride (NQL) v Easts Tigers (MEL) @ Barlow Park, Cairns

VB NSW Cup Round 6
SUN 12:45PM | Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (MAN) v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (CRO/MEL) @ Brookvale Oval
BYE | Illawarra Cutters (SGI)

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 6
MON 4:45PM | Storm v Dragons @ AAMI Park​

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Storm won't lose 2 on the trot at AAMI Park, and the Dragons are starting to fall back into line with what we can expect from them.

This Year?

Immortal
Storm won't lose 2 on the trot at AAMI Park, and the Dragons are starting to fall back into line with what we can expect from them.

What was expected from the Dragons? The Broncos and Rabbitohs showed the rest of the comp in respective weeks what to do to beat them. This side isn't as bad as last season, but are a long way from being a top 8 side. Our spine isn't settled yet and we're missing size up front.

Storm by 6 with no confidence...

How can you not be confident? The Dragons haven't won in Melbourne since 1999.

I think the Storm will win this easily. I just hope the Dragons make them earn it by playing smarter and with better discipline.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Lol, didnt take i dribble maroon long to drop in with his two cents. Expecting a much improved effort from us this week but cant see us winning down there. Home game v warriors the week after i think, looming as a massive game for us with anzac day looming as well.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Storm by 20. They'll be stung by the way they lost to the Tits. Our drought in Melbourne is actually longer than our drought in Canberra. Last won there in 1999 (first week of the finals).

Edit: :lol:mad:I Bleed Moron.

thommo4pm

Coach
I'm feeling more confident about this game than I was about Souths last week.

Hopefully we just keep fighting and put in an effort.
While we lost last week, I thought they tried until the 80th minute.

northwest9

Juniors
dragons by 4

melbourne just arent getting their sht together atm.

either way, with my tipping being so rubbish, im going to tip the dragons. surely that will ensure a melbourne win

2010Dragons

Bench
Once again we will be bashed and raped by the dodgy calls down in Melbourne.
If Badger is refereeing then the players should walk off and then a pitch invasion by the disgruntled supporters who take turns to bash four pink pelicans.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Once again we will be bashed and raped by the dodgy calls down in Melbourne.
If Badger is refereeing then the players should walk off and then a pitch invasion by the disgruntled supporters who take turns to bash four pink pelicans.

Closest thing to pink will be the Dragons I'm afraid. Refs in yellow, Dragons in that new red number (see post #1)

God-King Dean

Immortal
Closest thing to pink will be the Dragons I'm afraid. Refs in yellow, Dragons in that new red number (see post #1)

I don't know who decides who wears what jersey, whether the NRL, or the club, but whoever it is - they are morons.

In what realm of logic would anyone think red would blend less with purple, than white?

It seems more often than not, when they decide to wear the away jersey, it causes more visual problems than their home jersey.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The nrl tells the clubs which jersey to wear. At least that's what the tigers CEO recently said.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I reckon the Storm will be itching to post a positive result. Could be a 14+ win for the home side.