What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14th IS unacceptale

Brutalitops

Juniors
Now Sammy I know you are very close to the inner sanctum but don't let your relationship with your good ol boys taint what we all know to be the truth.

Tell us what you know to be true mate.
Possm you're running wild with conspiracy shit lately. How the hell would you or anyone know that we were apparently forced to give hunt 5 years just because he apparently turned down our price? Like literally you have no way of knowing this shit lol

possm

Coach
Possm you're running wild with conspiracy shit lately. How the hell would you or anyone know that we were apparently forced to give hunt 5 years just because he apparently turned down our price? Like literally you have no way of knowing this shit lol
Look, I did not say any of that. I have a good circle of friends and we discuss matters Saints often. Brisbane/Bennett wanted to keep Hunt and offered him a similar amount to the Dragons contract price. Hunt was torn on whether to come to Saints or not.

In the end Millward offered him a longer term and unofficially a TPA on top. Clubs aren't supposed to offer TPA but most do unofficially. Hunt is one of a few players at SGI that are on TPA.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Look, I did not say any of that. I have a good circle of friends and we discuss matters Saints often. Brisbane/Bennett wanted to keep Hunt and offered him a similar amount to the Dragons contract price. Hunt was torn on whether to come to Saints or not.

In the end Millward offered him a longer term and unofficially a TPA on top. Clubs aren't supposed to offer TPA but most do unofficially. Hunt is one of a few players at SGI that are on TPA.

Not true re unofficial to A.
You are making it up

possm

Coach
Not true re unofficial to A.
You are making it up
Sammy it is you who refuses to tell us what you really know. If you don't know than just say so. If you have a different story tell us.

I'm told that the contract is 800k with a 150 TPA. How can you deny this to be true when you cannot tell what you say is the real figures.

Millward did offer a contract with a term one year longer than Brisbane, deny this is true and then tell us what you say is true and how you know this.

Gareth67

First Grade

TPA ? TPA ? Where the hell did the Dragons hierarchy find themselves a TPA ?

Whatever , they should take it back and put it in a big pot , water the bluudy thing everyday and who knows it may produce many more TPA’s , then we can be on the same financial level as the chooks - broncos and the rest of the money clubs .

I'm told that the contract is 800k with a 150 TPA. How can you deny this to be true when you cannot tell what you say is the real figures.

$150k is significantly above the total TPA's tied to our club's players.
Also, we were always looking for a long term deal for a 7 and the length of the contract was by no means just a sweetener to get Hunt on board. Deals of a similar length but with varying $ values were dangled around the agent's of a few regular 1st grade halves.

$800k is pretty close to the Mark but the TPA is much less than $150k.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
If only that domed head of his above was some sort of oracle that he could look into and use to become a decent coach. He looks clueless!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
My worry is that if we keep up this dross, by the end of the season 14th may not just become acceptable, it could be aspirational...

possm

Coach
The problem at SGI is that most of our ills are self inflicted. There is a no worries culture developed by self interested old boys.

BLM01

First Grade
I thought today was the day to reflect on our season thus far
5 Wins - 2 against Hapless Dogs who are buying up personnel to improve, 1 golden point win, 1 field goal just before full time and some say last minute lucky against Manly..well I do as I was there.
games that could of gone the other way easily and we could be sitting on 4 points + a bye..
Before we look at losses that could of gone the other way our closest loss is 10 to the Roosters.
Now 14th.
And you now blame the bench and younger players. Are the senior playings doing their job too?..are the coaches? Now I would like to see a journo bring that up in his weekly pre game press conference to see his face when he throws the mic under him. What do you say to all that Mary?
Geez if Brennan is under enormous pressure...Mary?

Bench
Oh good grief another one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . Did the St George home for old fans have an open today? You and Dino share an old mens room there or something? I think the real truth is for you and Dino is that it must be quiet in the playground today huh boys!
There are plenty of supporters in this forum that have been following the team back to the seventies and earlier.
We have seen the many years where we were the dominate side in the comp and have seen the worst of times, honestly the last five years are the worst of times.
Why don’t you tell me how long you have been a supporter,

Latest posts