What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14th IS unacceptale

We are currently sitting on 14 th in the table. I cannot remember when we in such a position and im 60 years old and following saints since the early 1960s.

To think we have at least 5 rep players in our squad and yet we are in this position makes me think i should send an email to saints to vent my frustration. Do they know about the position we are in. Do they care? However im not wasting 3 minutes of my time writing an e mail that is not going to be responded.

If mc idiot cares about saints like some posters think he does, then he should leave NOW for the benefit of the club. He already hs players that dont want to be there and have at least 5 players that cant go anywhere cause no one other team really wants them.

What will happen when the broncs seek retribution from last year? Will we be happy seeing our side being in the cellar dwellers section of he comp?

It makes me think I should paint SHAME on the doors of the club.
You email them they’ll probably tack on another 2 years of mcfrauds contract out of spite

Coffs dragon

Bench
There are plenty of supporters in this forum that have been following the team back to the seventies and earlier.
We have seen the many years where we were the dominate side in the comp and have seen the worst of times, honestly the last five years are the worst of times.
Why don’t you tell me how long you have been a supporter,
I have been a mighty Dragons supporter for some 50 years. I have followed them thru thick & thin, the highs and the lows, but IMO this is the lowest and least enjoyable era under McAnchor.
He has accumulated some of the worst records of defeats and consecutive losses in our history. He has turned us into 2nd half faders and 2nd half of the season perennial sliders.
Under his inept coaching and tactics, I now have lost the unrelenting love and passion for the team. All I care about is seeing change from the top down starting with Mary's head.

blacksafake

First Grade
I have been a mighty Dragons supporter for some 50 years. I have followed them thru thick & thin, the highs and the lows, but IMO this is the lowest and least enjoyable era under McAnchor.
He has accumulated some of the worst records of defeats and consecutive losses in our history. He has turned us into 2nd half faders and 2nd half of the season perennial sliders.
Under his inept coaching and tactics, I now have lost the unrelenting love and passion for the team. All I care about is seeing change from the top down starting with Mary's head.
Spot on CD.
I too feel the same way.

Looking at our draw 'til the end of the year, I am not confident of suddenly sprouting wings and improving our ladder position.
There are heaps of games that we can potentially lose.
We've already played the wooden spooners twice so no more easy games I reckon.
The question is what will the Board do if we finish in the bottom 3?
I say they will do nothing other than spin more BS about the difficulties of 2019 and that "a stoic Paul McGregor managed the team magnificently in the face of insurmountable odds". or something like that.
On the other hand, if the media wake up and start blow torching the current malaise, even the Board may have to sacrifice their golden boy to save face.
Then we will be faced with who they anoint next as the head coach.
Dean Young, Barrett, Millward - any of those would just be another disaster.
We can only hope sanity prevails and they bring in someone from outside.
JD or Toovey would be my choices.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
The whole mess comes from the fact that St George members do not have a say in who represents St George on the SGI Board; there is no accountablility at all.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Bump..

Right now with us potentially facing the spoon, 14th could be not just acceptale, but desirable..

SEAT 1A

Bench
This tread was created over four months ago on the 24th of March and in the same position.

Equal with the Dogs, that just unacceptable for any club and the Titans are the Titans, in a grave yard for sporting teams and our coach comes out and states he is comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Uncomfortable no, he has won lotto thanks to our deluded board.

BLM01

First Grade
The whole mess comes from the fact that St George members do not have a say in who represents St George on the SGI Board; there is no accountablility at all.
aha..correct Possm..see it is not all Ian's fault.

northernsaint

Juniors
Two wins more only this season in my opinion.
That is a good call. Looks as though you are on the money. It is likely that we may end up "15th". What a mess this once proud club is in. I like Coffs dragon (near neighbor, Nambucca) been following the Saints for "60 YEARS" & never saw such a pore effort. There doesn`t seem to be any accountability. Heads should roll & bloody soon. We can`t stand another two years of this tripe.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
14th or whatever we currently are seems quite acceptable to the people in charge. They’re guileless and stupid enough to accept injuries and JDB as an excuse for 2019. Certainly a depressing time to be a Dragons supporter.
16th is much better

Reactions: Btk

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It is Unacceptable, I will admit that we had a bad start to year with Jack, and have had a lot of injuries to key players, but there were at least 6-7 games that we should have won but let slip with bad edge defence or poor kicks to end the game. We should realistically be around 7-8 in my opinion with our roster and their availability.

One thing I will say is that although we have a few Origin players they are all forwards, none in key positions and to be fair not in good form besides Vaughan.

Frizz has had an injury plagued season and had probably his worst season. Sims is half the player he was last year and Hunt is the bloke who wasn’t good enough to play 7 for Qld so they found a spot for him. He’s our best 7 but our 3rd best 9. We lack true greatness the top teams have. We don’t have a Tommy T, Teddy, C.Smith, Fergo, Maloney, Hodgson etc. on the weekend when we were struggling for points I was thinking, who’s going to break this game open for us? Who can score from 80 meters? Kick a 40/20?

Latest posts