What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | Origin 1 | Wed 27 May | NSW 10-11 QLD | ANZ

Origin I: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nuffy

Bench
Dugan was NSWs best.

Pearce and Hodgkinson were awful, surely that's full time on Pearces origin career.

Canard

Immortal
Origin football really is a lot of fluff isn't it? I mean honestly, the quality is rubbish and the teams play the most pedestrian brand of shite.

The quality in that QLD backline should be scoring 5-6 tries every game, without fail. Yet year after year they do just enough to beat a supremely inferior NSW spine by a couple points.

If we keep letting dumbasses like Meninga, Daley, and Sheens tactically run our rep sides into the ground NZ are going to dominate us for years to come

Massive sour grapes

Snappy

Coach
The refs are killing origin slowly but surely.

Qld can stand offside all night, flop in tackles, hold in the ruck and all is sweet.

It's never a fair contest.

5574677.jpg

Dave_

Juniors
This isn't so bad. Myth and Plodkinson should get dropped and Lewis should come in for Cordner. Those are the bare minimum of changes required imo. All in all, it was a pretty bad Origin game. I thought it was missing something big time.

TheFrog

Coach
Origin football really is a lot of fluff isn't it? I mean honestly, the quality is rubbish and the teams play the most pedestrian brand of shite.

The quality in that QLD backline should be scoring 5-6 tries every game, without fail. Yet year after year they do just enough to beat a supremely inferior NSW spine by a couple points.

If we keep letting dumbasses like Meninga, Daley, and Sheens tactically run our rep sides into the ground NZ are going to dominate us for years to come
You're right. NZ would have flogged either side by 20.

insert.pause

First Grade
NSW shut up shop in the second half, royally screwed up two chances at FG, forwards were really soft and kick chase poor, will be better for the return of Gallen, need his aggression.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Full credit to the Maroons they deserve their win.

NSW stuffed it after halftime, barely completed any sets, got over the advantage line or got any results from kicks. Defended grimly but were always going to crack in the end with all the pressure that was on us. Both sides can hold their heads high Origin always delivers.

good post.
chambers motm for mine. absolutely outstanding

skeepe

Immortal
The big problem is the NSW halves. So predictable. Only 3 runs between them all game.

Danish

Referee
The fault lays entirely with Farah, Pearce and Hodkinson. 4 tackles in perfect position, not even a thought of taking a shot.

Pearce and Hodkinson had set up for it on the 4th tackle the first time.... but dumb f**k Farah decided to swing it wide for some reason.

The next set, I don't even know where Hodkinson was. Hiding behind his mum's skirt most likely.

As for Pearce, if you've ever seen him take field goal attempts, then you'd know that keeping him as far away from taking the shot was unquestionably a team decision :sarcasm:

Nuffy

Bench
Do you need a tissue for those tears?

Nope not at all, it wouldn't be origin without Qld getting the refs leg up, happens every year.

One offside penalty all half, when Qld are deep in trouble and they get the only try to level up.

Hmmmm, not really surprising based on previous origins. When they need a break, they get it, every single time.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
You're right. NZ would have flogged either side by 20.

Mate they flogged the COMBINED side by more than that. They'd have flogged either of these sides by 30-40, depending on how long they wanted to keep trying

Jason Maher

Immortal
Farah was dumb, but the problem is we have no-one better to replace him with. His defence also kept us in the game.

Latest posts