What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | Origin 1 | Wed 27 May | NSW 10-11 QLD | ANZ

Origin I: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SBD82

Coach
Slater
Smith
Myles
Hodges

Thanks. You're easily the most balanced QLD fan I've spoken to.

I thought Myles was pretty well behaved last night to be fair.

Legit question, and if you don't want to answer it I'd understand because people in blue are going to jump all over you no matter who you choose, but who do you see in last night's blues team as grubby? I dont think there's anyone outstanding once you take Gallen and bird out.

carcharias

Immortal
Wouldn't Hoffman be first in? If Klemmer was first in by your definition then that would make him:

#thirdmanklemmer

Well Hoffman wasn't there to fight and hodges has never ever had the balls to fight anyone
So yeah Klemmer was the first in to have a blue

Someone

Bench
You do realise like last year NSW tried to turn it into a slug fest right? NSW can't match it with QLD in an open free flowing game. They know Slater, Inglis, Hodges, Thurston, Cronk etc will tear them a new one in that type of game. QLD ignored the niggle this time though, hell Fafita was looking to start a fight with the markers almost every carry he had, his first carry of the match saw him get up an take a swing at the marker. Blame your own state for the level of entertainment you received from the game.

yes I do.

I would still rather the refs police an actual 10 metres and attempt to cut out he wrestling bullshit. They should be controlling the game.

Id rather lose 34-12 in an attacking game than 11-10 in a wrestlemania event.

but nevermind me, im just salty.

Craig Johnston

First Grade

Legit question, and if you don't want to answer it I'd understand because people in blue are going to jump all over you no matter who you choose, but who do you see in last night's blues team as grubby? I dont think there's anyone outstanding once you take Gallen and bird out.

klemmer is a grub for facebutting billy slaters boot

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

Myles gave a few good facials and elbows in tackles last night.

Beau Scott was making a lot of late tackles last night. Fifita seemed to be more concerned with pushing the markers away than actually playing the ball.

Other than that I think it was a pretty clean game overall.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I've called Gallen/Merrin/Scott a grub before and have been called the same thing by countless Blues supporters

Your point is invalid.

The point may be invalid to you, personally. But not in general on these forums.

But I agree you are happy to admit there are grubs in the Qld team (just as there are in the NSW team).

Hutty1986

Immortal
Fifita had a debilitating case of T-Rex syndrome last night. Trying to throw defenders into the grandstand and slow, ineffective hit-ups. Like a big, dopey slug that slept in a puddle of VB all night.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Well we should know by now, it's the same pissweak lines year after year, the qlderps have picked up their little 'salt' line this year. Not just the worst losers going around, the worst winners as well.

I freely admit that NSW has grubs in it's team ala Gallen, Bird.

But dare say Smith, Slater and Hodges are grubs and you get nothing but "sore loser" and "you are salty" bullshit.

Hypocrites.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=435508

So when QLD fans complained about grubby behaviour in the thread above, no Blue fan gave a "piss weak" line about sooking?

I beg to differ. Here's my favourite:

Even your precious King Wally said there was nothing in it.

1 week, 2 tops.

Let me know where to send your boxes of Kleenex and Maxi-pads.

SBD82

Coach
Myles gave a few good facials and elbows in tackles last night.

Beau Scott was making a lot of late tackles last night. Fifita seemed to be more concerned with pushing the markers away than actually playing the ball.

Other than that I think it was a pretty clean game overall.

That's pretty fair.

FMD. Today I've found myself agreeing with a Manly fan, a Canterbury fan and a QLD fan.

I think I need to head over to the West Bank.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=435508

So when QLD fans complained about grubby behaviour in the thread above, no Blue fan gave a "piss weak" line about sooking?

I beg to differ. Here's my favourite:

Ahhh the search of historical posts. :roll:

I said that Qlders do not admit there are grubs in their team and when someone says there are they come out with the "salty" etc defence.

Has nothing to do with the fact they sooked about an incident.

I never said anything about NSW not having grubs in its team. I said the incident was not worthy of the carry on.

Complaining about an incident has nothing to do with ignoring the fact there are grubs in your team. Nice try though.

The two are completely separate.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Well he only has one head to deal with that stuff.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand case in point.

Blues fans can bitch about QLDers throwing out overused 'salty' and 'sooking' lines - that's probably symptomatic of QLD being on top for so many years.

But Blues fans have their tired and overused 'rednecks/inbred/two-heads' lines that could also be described as 'pissweak'.

Someone

Bench
at the end of the day its a public forum and people are going to come on here and whinge and complain about things.

you can either contribute to the discussion or like most trolls comment about crying or two heads.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Ahhh the search of historical posts. :roll:

I said that Qlders do not admit there are grubs in their team and when someone says there are they come out with the "salty" etc defence.

Has nothing to do with the fact they sooked about an incident.

I never said anything about NSW not having grubs in its team. I said the incident was not worthy of the carry on.

Complaining about an incident has nothing to do with ignoring the fact there are grubs in your team. Nice try though.

The two are completely separate.

I disagree. Your point (and Hutty's) was that the typical QLD response to someone calling their player a grub is a sooking defence.

I've shown you that NSW fans do the same thing. I can also find you many posts from QLD fans labeling players in their own side grubs.

You have no basis for your argument as it is based purely on emotion and a few posts you've seen in this thread today.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I disagree. Your point (and Hutty's) was that the typical QLD response to someone calling their player a grub is a sooking defence.

I've shown you that NSW fans do the same thing. I can also find you many posts from QLD fans labeling players in their own side grubs.

You have no basis for your argument as it is based purely on emotion and a few posts you've seen in this thread today.

I was more referring to the fact that any time Qld get up (aka, 95% of the past decade), any time a NSW fan makes mention of something that might have legitimately gone against them, or something grubby that a maroon did without punishment, they just go back to the tired old 'sooking/salty' line.
It's especially funny because qld fans are the biggest whingers going around and the state-wide meltdown in 2014 was absolutely delicious.

Nice Beaver

First Grade

Wrong. Again.

You went and played Mr Detective finding a post where I said Qld were sooking about the severity of a foul play incident. Had nothing to do with calls of grubs etc.

If you think the indignation at calling Smith, Slater and Hodges, grubs extends to only today then you are taking the piss and it's you who is incorrect.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I was more referring to the fact that any time Qld get up (aka, 95% of the past decade), any time a NSW fan makes mention of something that might have legitimately gone against them, or something grubby that a maroon did without punishment, they just go back to the tired old 'sooking/salty' line.

And I just showed you evidence of a time when NSW got up and a QLD fan made mention of something that legitimately went against them and the NSW fans when straight to the 'sooking/salty' line.

Plus I gave the example of the epic 'chip on the shoulder' comments that Blues fans have been making (sometimes completely unprovoked) about rednecks/inbreds for years now.

It's especially funny because qld fans are the biggest whingers going around and the state-wide meltdown in 2014 was absolutely delicious.

I think you're exaggerating on both points. Particularly when there was a "Well done NSW" thread started last year after they won the series.

"State-wide meltdown" is a reach entirely.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Wrong. Again.

You went and played Mr Detective finding a post where I said Qld were sooking about the severity of a foul play incident. Had nothing to do with calls of grubs etc.

If you think the indignation at calling Smith, Slater and Hodges, grubs extends to only today then you are taking the piss and it's you who is incorrect.

So in your books it's ok to call someone a sook if they're complaining about the severity of an incident, but if you call someone a grub and you get labeled a sook - not okay? And I found many more than your post.

I'm sure people have been indignant for a very long time, but you only referenced posts from today.

Semantics don't work well to cover up irrational emotional responses.