What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 GF | PREMIERS - Cowboys 17-16* Broncos @ ANZ

2015 Premiers: Broncos or Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
A few of them lost the plot.

Being at the game was probably better than watching from afar on TV tbh.

Jason Maher

Immortal
No surprise the dickheads whose only purpose in life is to troll have been no-shows. A rather pleasant non-surprise. Has left behind the core of fair dinkum Broncos supporters. Here's hoping it lasts all off season before the others come slinking back.

GongPanther

Referee
The elation everyone felt when the Cows scored that last try,would have been magnified ten-fold on the disappointment scale for the Brisbane fans.

The pain will be running deep and hard for a long time.Some on this site suggested that this loss was such a shock,that there are thoughts that they never will recover.

But one underlying point about this defeat is that the Broncos and their fans,have been used to winning for so long in the premiership and the SOO,that this is very Alien to them.

This grand final appearance for the Broncos was the accumulation of careful building and planning over a number of years.

They got rid of coach Griffin,then brought in a coach in Bennett who he thinks will practically guarantee him a premiership.

That Griffin must be pissing himself laughing.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The elation everyone felt when the Cows scored that last try,would have been magnified ten-fold on the disappointment scale for the Brisbane fans.

The pain will be running deep and hard for a long time.Some on this site suggested that this loss was such a shock,that there are thoughts that they never will recover.

But one underlying point about this defeat is that the Broncos and their fans,have been used to winning for so long in the premiership and the SOO,that this is very Alien to them.

I disagree. This was very similar to the semi final loss to Melbourne in 2008. Broncos led with just minutes left on the clock, then a dropped ball to Sims gave the Storm posession in our red zone and they score to take the game and knock the Broncos out of the GF.

This grand final appearance for the Broncos was the accumulation of careful building and planning over a number of years.

They got rid of coach Griffin,then brought in a coach in Bennett who he thinks will practically guarantee him a premiership.

Again disagree - no one thought Brisbane would be in the grand final this year when Bennett came back. It was a massive over-achievement for the team and Bennett himself said at the start of the year it was about rebuilding and that he didn't expect this level from them.

Hell, so many around here predicted Broncos to miss the 8 or even get the spoon this year.

Griffin would've killed to have the team perform like this for him... He'll be doing anything but laughing.

Shorty

Staff member

It is a very, very hard loss to mourn.

I won't say they played better (because if you look at the stats...they didn't really) but it was hanging in the balance and we've been playing all season and for years for moments like that, we did something desperate and we got it.

Next year will be interesting, anything less than another grand final berth will be unacceptable for their fans and while I believe they can achieve it, there's also going to be other hungry sides to match them.

Interesting couple of years ahead.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Again disagree - no one thought Brisbane would be in the grand final this year when Bennett came back. It was a massive over-achievement for the team and Bennett himself said at the start of the year it was about rebuilding and that he didn't expect this level from them.

maybe before the season started this was true

but there was plenty of crowing and arrogance towards the end of the season

some11

Referee
This team under Griffin makes the eight and gets bundled out in week one just like last year.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
maybe before the season started this was true

but there was plenty of crowing and arrogance towards the end of the season

You may think so, but there were quite a few of us who still thought that this team didn't quite have what it took to win it all this year, even after we made the GF.

Conversely - there was quite a bit of crowing and arrogance about Brisbane potentially having a shit year after round one... not to mention some of the shit slung from Cowboys fans in the lead up to the GF.

beave

Coach
Shit slung?

You mean posting the truth from some of us long time NQ fans who've had to put up with years of taunts from *d!ckhead Broncos fans? And this is not all Broncos fans either, but I have been laughed at for years by many Brisbane fans because we had never won a GF. A lot of these are people who live up in NQ and not so much people down here in Brissy. The little ' qld love in' world that some like to spruik isn't always applicable to all NQ fans, those of us that have been fans since the start know the hell we've had to deal with at times in the 20 years. My post last week basically put it out there why some of us have a hatred for the Broncos because some posters don't think there is a rivalry between the 2 clubs/fans, which is something I highly begged to differ and expressed my reasons why.

* just to add, not calling you a d!ckhead fan either Grimey, I meant in general mate.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Shit slung?

You mean posting the truth from some of us long time NQ fans who've had to put up with years of taunts from *d!ckhead Broncos fans? And this is not all Broncos fans either, but I have been laughed at for years by many Brisbane fans because we had never won a GF. A lot of these are people who live up in NQ and not so much people down here in Brissy. The little ' qld love in' world that some like to spruik isn't always applicable to all NQ fans, those of us that have been fans since the start know the hell we've had to deal with at times in the 20 years. My post last week basically put it out there why some of us have a hatred for the Broncos because some posters don't think there is a rivalry between the 2 clubs/fans, which is something I highly begged to differ and expressed my reasons why.

* just to add, not calling you a d!ckhead fan either Grimey, I meant in general mate.

My point is that there are dickhead fans in all teams - no team is without them. There was crowing and arrogance from both sides in the lead up.

BTW - you don't need to use a ! to avoid the filter on dickhead. You can use the word to your heart's content.

Well I tipped the Broncos as I thought they would be too strong for the Cowboys. I was wrong, and thankfully so (sorry I don't like the Broncos).

Congratulations to the Cowboys on their win.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Both sides will be right up there again next season, Hunt & Milford still have a heap of improvement in them and the scary thing is that Morgan does as well.

JT set up 415 tries this year, so I reckon he'll struggle to top that, though.

Big Pete

Referee
Got back from Sydney around 4am Tuesday morning.

Already ducked my head over to Stampede, but once again, congrats Cowboys fans. Enjoy your moment.

Not really a lot to be said for the Broncos. It is what it is. I'm confident they'll bounce back and the side has a lot more upside in it.

Both sides will be right up there again next season, Hunt & Milford still have a heap of improvement in them and the scary thing is that Morgan does as well.

JT set up 415 tries this year, so I reckon he'll struggle to top that, though.

As the years go on, Morgan will be the key play-maker as Thurston edge slowly towards retirement in the next couple of years. The young talent of the squad will also improve in particular Jason Taumalolo who will be the forward of NQ next 3-4 years.